Worst shot of the round?

Screenshot_20200524-093528_TheGrint.jpg

I was trying to cut the corner with the wind at our back, but pushed it off the tee and clipped a branch about 25 yards out. Got really lucky it stayed dry.

I missed the green by at least 35 yards with a pitching wedge in my hand. It was comical

I missed the green by at least 35 yards with a pitching wedge in my hand. It was comical

Short, long, left or right? We've all been there...

View attachment 8945548

I was trying to cut the corner with the wind at our back, but pushed it off the tee and clipped a branch about 25 yards out. Got really lucky it stayed dry.

That might be the way to approach that hole anyway. Those trees on the left of the fairway for the approach shot look to be no joke.

Dogleg par 5 with water on the left and water carry into the green. Pulled my drive, but got lucky and had 220 to the hole. Chunked my hybrid into the reeds in front of the water 🤦‍♂️

Also a contender was the shot that didn’t get out of the greenside bunker.

That might be the way to approach that hole anyway. Those trees on the left of the fairway for the approach shot look to be no joke.

20200524_230649.jpg

20200524_230920.jpg

It kind of is. You have to play to one of the circles. I play to the shorter one, but I missed my window and hit the right edge of that branch, which sent it curving right. Having a clear line for my second was lucky.

It's a tough hole. If you run through to the left side if the fairway you're exactly right about those trees being really bad.

My last round I decided to try to go for the green in 2 on a par 5 after a really good drive. I've been hitting my fairways off the turf really well in practice so I grabbed my 5W and instead of swinging smoothly I swung out of my shoes and topped the living crap out of it..

My worst shot of a round, when it happens, is a "duck hook" when using a full swing. Usually happens on tee'd up driver shots. This poor shot usually comes with a penalty stroke.

My next worst shot is the occasional fattie I hit from time to time. Fatties are #2 because they don't cause as much damage to my score, as the duck hook does. Most of the time with a fat shot, I'm still advancing the ball, without a penalty added in. .

Also, as an amateur, I have all the other bad shots in my bag. They're just not as frequent as the two I mentioned.

Hit a pitch fat on soggy turf and it went about 5 ft. Ground just grabbed the club and killed any clubhead speed.

A poor drive and a good punch out left me 38 yds uphill to the pin.

A fat LW left me 27 yds to the pin.

(The next LW went 36 yds; would've been nice the first time.)

I topped my mulligan.

I topped a 3wd that I got a whole 64y out of. I think that qualifies.

Sunday, first tee....an over smoothed swing topped with a 3 wood that didn't make the forward tees.....
Scrambled for par.

Blocked drive on the 1st but it ended up in a open spot and a flick sand wedge in .

Pulled a drive into the trees on 13 to break up a streak of 23 straight fairways. Tons of space to the right, but I pull it into

20200529_110901.jpg

this.

I've got an entire hole of them from yesterday. I drop-kicked the drive on a par-5 (154 yds), topped a 4/5-hybrid out of the left rough (ugliest ball flight ever with that club; 44 yds in the air, 100 on the ground), chunked a 2/3-hybrid (122 yds), and then chunked a GW (92 yds) from 110 out that ended up short of the green.

Got up-and-down for bogey somehow.

That's impressive.
This was the hole after the 8-iron into the pond in the 'best shot' thread. I would've torpedoed my round in the past, but have managed to keep my head on straight lately.

I have a love/hate relationship with my 5 wood. Usually, at least once per round if not more, I muff my 5 wood terribly.

Trying to be like @OldandStiff and punch one only to hit a branch and stop! Ughh

Trying to be like @OldandStiff and punch one only to hit a branch and stop! Ughh
For the record, I recommend no one almost ever make the same decisions I do. In anything.

Did you try the low hands thing you asked about? 'Cause I'm still thinking about that question.

I’m gonna go ahead and call my shot for tomorrow’s round and say my opening tee shot

Back