Worst shot of the round?

Pulled my second shot on a par 5. I got really lucky I don’t break any windows when my ball DRILLED a house. It was pretty loud. I went to the back yard but I guess no one was home/heard it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had too many to choose from today. Chunks and tops and slices and blades. Almost hit my Dad twice. It was a weird round.

Yanked a drive into a tree left of the tee box. Netted a whole 141y out of that drive.

Was up 2 strokes, with 4 to play. Played a smart short shot on a Par 3. Second shot was a putt, from the fringe, that I needed to bang uphill a good 60 feet. And I wimped out and barely sent it 20. Led to a triple, opponent par, and end of tournament. boo.

8 iron from 181 flew the green rolled into the water behind the hole

Which irons?
P790 added a club and a half over my last set. My playing partner asked what club I hit. He didn’t believe it was 7 iron so I held it up for him after the shot. Thought it was 5 iron .He was shocked

Last edited:
P790 added a club and a half over my last set. My playing partner asked what club I hit. He didn’t believe it was 7 iron so I held it up for him after the shot. Thought it was 5 iron .He was shocked
I need my 5W for 194, lol

20200625_174941.jpg

My driver game was a disaster today and on this hole the plan was to play off the left edge of that tree and stay out of the bunker. I pushed it, clipped a branch, and ended up in that glorious position I had to hit a really crafty iron out of for an opportunity to salvage the hole. We thought it was nice that no one was playing that other fairway while I borrowed it.

Topped a 3 wood off the tee for about 160 yards. Hit a 3H next shot 210 to about 10 feet. Worst and best shots back to back.

Bogeyed a par 5 thanks to a crap wedge from 87 that went about 57, and rolled back down a hill for a total of about 37. The location of the strike that high on the face was as impressive as the end result, and this fluffy southern rough is going to take some getting used to.

My pushed drive on 10 that went OB. Led to a double. If not for that hole I would have been even/under.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can “putting” be considered the worst shot of the round? Like... all putting?

9/14 FIR...

9/18 GIR...

and...

39 putts.

I’ve averaged around 32 a round in 2020, including only 28 in my last round. Hoping today was some type of weird anomaly.

Hard pull hook drive on the hardest hole for me on the course. Was happy to walked off with a bogey.

Hard pull hook drive on the hardest hole for me on the course. Was happy to walked off with a bogey.

Always great to salvage a bogey after a horrendous shot.

Always great to salvage a bogey after a horrendous shot.

Especially after I hit a tree on the 2nd shot and still had 172 left uphill to a small green for my 3rd shot on a par 4. Bogey was a welcome relief.

Accidentally pulled my 6 iron on a 145-yard par 3 instead of my 9 iron. Got lucky I didn't hit it well but let's just say I was a bit long. :)

This was a 4-iron into a par 5, that I wanted to try to play a certain way, and didn't accomplish at all. Lol I hooked the crap out of it, and me saying 'goodbye' and turning away before seeing where it ends up is about as disgusted as you'll ever see me. It finished about 25 yards left with a clear pitch in, but that was all kinds of awful.

Short par 4, I have 76yds left after my drive. Grab my 54*, take a couple practice swings to get a feel for the shot, address the ball and about 1/4 of the way into my swing I hear this little voice say “you’re screwed”. And I proceed to chunk it about 35yds

I forgot to post this last night so here it is.

Par 4 hole at my course where driver usually leaves me about 150-170 in. Green is elevated and slopes hard from high right to low left. Very few times I can hit this green in 2. Hit a great drive that leaves me about 135 in. Pin is on the left low side of the green. Hit a perfect distanced 7 iron, only problem is I'm at the highest point of the green on the right. There is a huge turtle shell hump right in the middle. My plan? Hit the putt hard enough to just get over the top of the hump and let it roll down past the hole (no hope of stopping it above the hole). The result? I hit it about 3 feet short of the top of the hump. My next putt I just got the ball started and almost wound up off the green. As I line up my bogey comeback I comment "the guys I normally play with wouldn't let a friend four-putt" annnnnnnddddddddd crickets.:ROFLMAO:

Missed 3ft putt on the 17th to go one down after being up the entire match. That one smarted a little.

Playing partner the other day duffed a drive off the tee that hit a 4X4 post 40 yards ahead of the tee box and bounced back straight at him landing about ten yards ahead of him. Needless to say, we both got a laugh out of it.

Back