Worst shot of the round?

On 18. Smoked my best drive of the day. Had 162 left over water. Chucked it straight into the pond.

On the plus side I dropped and stuck it to about 5 feet and made the bogey putt.

Drilled a ball straight left into the woods off the tee, then compounded it by drilling the next drive into the woods. Luckily thing improved drastically after an adjustment.

wasted two balls for practice shots on the 2nd today.
hit the 3rd shot fat. Surely i can do better? Whack, there goes the push right into the middle of the penalty area.
hit the 4th shot fat, too. Made it to the green, but, really? Drop another one... and hook it into the woods left of the green, over the electric fence of our dear farmer neighbor.

I should probably leave practice to the range now that i'm running close to the end of my 5 year old lakeball stash. Even the lakeballs i play now are really too nice to just let them go like this 😕

on my favorite water hole, the pin was moved up (136yds) so i decided to go PW...and somehow carried the green 😕

I feel compelled to post in here after today’s rounds. One for each.
  1. Lost focus on a punch shot and topped it into the woods never to be seen again
  2. Hit some sort of weird topped knuckling wedge into the hazard.

I have to get this one in. Ruined the round and it was a tournament where I was in contention for low gross score. I'm 120 yards out. It's a sucker pin placed on a finger that is in the back left corner. Small highest tier too that slopes down both right and to the front. I picked a spot about 10 feet right of the hole. Lazy loose swing got me landing hole high but LEFT of the pin 20 feet. The ball bounces on the cart path further left and into the pond. Now I'm pitching from the rough, short sided, no way to get close to the pin, and have a penalty stroke. Ended up with a snowman. All because of one careless shot.

Front pin, didn't want to be above it, but right at the top I decided I might need a little more, and cooked it like it expired. Despite pretty rock hard sand in the middle of that bunker, I had a bad footprint lie, coming at the hole from above, and it led to my only bogey of the day. So stupid.

I have to get this one in. Ruined the round and it was a tournament where I was in contention for low gross score. I'm 120 yards out. It's a sucker pin placed on a finger that is in the back left corner. Small highest tier too that slopes down both right and to the front. I picked a spot about 10 feet right of the hole. Lazy loose swing got me landing hole high but LEFT of the pin 20 feet. The ball bounces on the cart path further left and into the pond. Now I'm pitching from the rough, short sided, no way to get close to the pin, and have a penalty stroke. Ended up with a snowman. All because of one careless shot.
The. Worst. That sucks man.

Bit a longer story, but the other day I effectively hit my first actual drive in 5 years (basically). Smoked a grounder that hit a barrier on the edge of the tee box and shot straight up into the air lol. At least got a good laugh out of it (if it's gonna be bad, it should at least be funny, right?). Thankfully that round also included one of the best shots I've ever hit (nearly drilled a ball into the cup from about 80 yards). A guy in our group also hadn't played in forever, and after my first drive — he hadn't teed off yet — he said "oh thank God that makes me feel better" lol

There is a short hole at my course that is fairly tight and has big trouble on the left. I normally hit less than driver on holes like this but I have been using the big stick here and the drives have been hit well but end up in the greenside bunkers or in trouble of some sort down close to the green. I had pulled driver but decided to hit my 4 iron that has been automatic lately at the last moment. I hit a clunker that went into some trees on the left and disappeared. I ended up with a double that derailed a very solid nine otherwise.

There were about 4 straight holes on Dubsdread where i couldn't get off the tee.. topped each shot. My body was trying to quit on me

Worst shot of my last round.... Damn, this is a toss up. Why don't you tell me -

1) 16th hole wedge shot. Hit fat... so fat that I topped the ball and it rolled 5'.
2) 16th hole wedge shot. Chunked it... again, this time for 10 yds.
3) 16th hole wedge shot. Figured out I needed to open the face a little bit to engage the bounce, something I hadn't done all day. Hit what looked like a decent shot, but it landed short in the bunker.
4) 16th hole bunker. Hit the sand 1" behind the ball. Club bounced up and skulled the ball over the green nearly into the woods on the opposite side. Picked up and took net DB.

A skulled chip , good good times.

mentioned in the best shot of the round thread, my driver also put me in a less than desirable spot when i went long on the fairway and into the rough.

Was tee'ing 3 on the opening hole before the first one landed.

Topped a ball off the tee after having a relatively decent driving day..

Pulled the tee shot on a par 3 into a tree on the right. I remember thinking to myself as I walked up to the ball. 'I don't remember the last time I was this far out after a tee shot on a par 3. What do I do now?'

Hit a bomb of a drive and was 80 yards out. Then proceeded to hit my next shot off the toe and shot straight right into the trees. Then hit it in the bunker. Then chunked my sand shot. Then got out and three putted for a triple. Not so much a terrible shot but a cascade of terrible shots. Would have been even on the day minus that dumb hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Par 3 with water around it and flared it right.. into the water

60* wedge from 30 that went 45 :LOL:

Double crossed tee shot into the next fairway

10th hole, sliced a tee shot that then took a big bounce on a left to right sloped fairway into thick, wet grass that I wasn't going to search in and get soaked up to the knees

Only lost ball of the round

The shankosaurus bit me on the azz on a short par three yesterday with a PW. I lost it in the sun and asked my partners if they saw it. Hearing them say it went straight right into the woods was not what I was expecting. I pulled the next shot well left and had to scramble for a triple.

Back