Worst shot of the round?

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, so I want to make a spin off of the "Best Shot of the Round" thread and figure I've seen plenty of us posting that we can't think of the best shot of the round and I figured this thread will give us a place to post up our worst shots. Maybe you are self-deprecating and just wanna make fun of yourself... maybe you're looking for sympathy. No matter the reason, we are here for you at THP.

Feel free to start off. Whether it was a flubbed chip that barely moved, a swing and a miss on the tee (you know you still need to count that stroke), a bunker shot that didn't make it out... or worse yet, got buried further, or, maybe, a drive that hit the marker in front of you and bounced behind you, post it up and join the conversation. I'm playing this evening and I'm sure I'll be back to add to this thread later.

Nothing at the moment since I haven't played since last week. But I have a feeling I'll be a regular in here.

I'll kick it off. Yesterday, I'm 90 yards out on a par 5 after two good shots. Took my 90-yard swing with a wedge and chunked it and watched the resulting dying quail land 20 yards short.

The other day when I was having my crap round, par 3 135 yards, played it too far forward and barely caught the ball that went almost 50 yards. I can still get an up and down, took my wedge out and hit a high pitch, landed on the green and promptly rolled off. Chipped back way short and "2" putted for a sizzling 5 on a 17 hdcp. hole.

The other day when I was having my crap round, par 3 135 yards, played it too far forward and barely caught the ball that went almost 50 yards. I can still get an up and down, took my wedge out and hit a high pitch, landed on the green and promptly rolled off. Chipped back way short and "2" putted for a sizzling 5 on a 17 hdcp. hole.

Thanks for playing. So which one was it? :rolleyes:

Thanks for playing. So which one was it? :rolleyes:

I guess it could have any three but my initial iron shot of 50 yards has to be the one

I played immediately after a lesson last Friday. We made some substantial changes to my transition and swing, and I knew it would be rough. First hole, I pull-hooked a 3w so bad I landed on the 4th green. It may have rolled off and near the 5th tee. I don't think I've ever hit a ball with so much side spin; it looked like it turned 90 degrees left. i can't even imagine any kind of shot from over there. The ball was in a completely different part of the course. IDK. Even in a practice round, I will nearly always play my first ball regardless of outcome. I abandoned that ball and hit a "mulligan" that was a normal bad hook into trees but playable for a punch shot in front of the green.

I'll give you my last Thursday round... It was on the first hole. I rolled it off the tee 20 yds.

I'll kick it off. Yesterday, I'm 90 yards out on a par 5 after two good shots. Took my 90-yard swing with a wedge and chunked it and watched the resulting dying quail land 20 yards short.

I know the feeling. I once hit a 360y drive leaving a wedge into a par 5 (yeah, I got a cart path bounce... so what). I proceeded to hit a weak right wedge and ended up with par. I love hate love this game.

My worst shot from yesterday would have to be my 78y 4i from 195ish. I'm still not confident with it and I'm not getting through. Toed it and hit a horrid, horrid shot.

Yesterday after piping a drive to 65 yards short of the hole I proceeded to shank my wedge 30 yards right of the green. Luckily I got up and down for par. But man what a waste of a drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Par-5 #10 hole. Hit a good drive into a breeze. Can't reach, hit a good layup but the fairway bottlenecks and it trickled 1' into the rough.

It sat remarkably up in our thick bermuda where balls would usually nestle low. LOTS of grass underneath.

Overthinking? Overcompensating? Fearful of whiffing under the ball, I caught it thin and launched it over the green, up a bank and under an ornamental grass.

Double.

Man... I want that shot back.

@#$^&!!!

I have many to choose from today, but I'll go with the 76y topped 3wd on #3. It beats the 95y topped 3wd from the first tee because it was a little shorter AND I can't exactly say I wasn't warmed up for the 3rd tee shot of the day.

5W off the tee. It was the safer shot. Yanked it hard left into the ****.

5W off the tee. It was the safer shot. Yanked it hard left into the ****.

That's my M.O. I pull a fairway wood to "play it safe", then get it into more trouble that I would have gotten with the driver.

Out of the 88-110 shots I usually take during a round I’d say I have 65-80 to pick from so this will be a tough decision.

Probably either the topped drive on a wide-open par 5 or the chunked wedge from 110 that goes all of 20 yards. Honorable mention would be the 8’ birdie putt that I leave 3’ short

That's my M.O. I pull a fairway wood to "play it safe", then get it into more trouble that I would have gotten with the driver.
Me three, lately. When a safety shot goes awry, it'll sure get in my head.

Haha, good thread.
I pushed my drive into some trees on a par 4 dogleg left. Had a fair lie and punched out to about 80yds, a good distance for me and a great lie. I was shooting for the pin when I pushed it again under a bush. Rather than take a unplayable drop I turned into an Idiot and wacked over and over with my putter. Oh well it could have been an ok round but I turned it into a turd.

Normally, I'd have a variety of fat iron shots to choose from, but not lately.

Yesterday's was a severely topped 3/4 hybrid that didn't get 5 feet off the ground before nosediving back down about 40 yds ahead. It ended up rolling out 147 yds total, so it didn't hurt too bad.

easy one for me. it seems once a round i just get lazy and hossle one. i have broken a few clubs over that...lol

Played a 2-player team competition today. My partner had the shanks chipping, pitching and full swing. So he clearly had a tough day, but we'll put his aside and focus on my shots. I missed a 3-foot putt. Yes, the pin was on a big slope, but still, it was a 3-footer! That one hurt.

I played Friday and shot a very good round. A big part of that was I'd found a tempo and plane that kept the driver in play.

But on the 9th hole, some stupid swing thought snuck into my brain while at the top of the backswing. I don't know exactly what happened, but the ball shot off some part of the club face and went abruptly left - like 45 degrees left. It hit some trees and miraculously stayed in play literally 39 yards from the tee box.

On the next hole with the driver, the exact same result happened. I took a penalty on that shot and followed it up with my longest drive of the day. Every drive after that was solid.

Weird.

Beautiful drive, great 3W, 9i to green on long par5. Hit it over the green, left, it hits the cart path and skips 100 yds past.

Take your pick from the two 5-ft birdie putts I missed. Disgusting.

I yanked a 2nd shot (3H) on a par 5 today so far left that it rattled around a tree no one has any business getting acquainted with, and ended up pin high, exactly 67 yards left of the green. lol

Hit a brilliant 3rd over trouble and 2-putted for par, but man, that 2nd shot was something to behold. Thank god it was a par 5.

Back