Worst shot of the round?

there were so many in my last round lol

the one that is kinda funny is #9. hit a nice drive, but it's a long hole so i still had between a 7i and 6i to the green. wind off the right, so aimed to the right side of the green with the 6i and hoped the wind would bring it back to the middle. it might have, but el hosel popped his little head up like a whammy in press your luck. haven't done that in awhile. ended up with a comfortable sand wedge yardage, and a shot over some trees. hit the green about 25-30' away, and made the putt for par haha

I tried to hit a partial shot and didn't commit to the new swing and shanked it..

down hill wedge. Wet conditions. Nice slab of turf served with my chunk. It was fine, though. I forgot about it after I 3 putted the hole soon afterward.

par 5 506 yard dogleg right. Drive up against trees on the right so punched out a beautiful 4 iron to 105 yards in the middle of the fairway. Next shot: shank into the trees. ended up with a bogey. :(

This. Entire. Hole. Yup, that’s a quintuple bogey 9 with no penalties. Not easy to do.
AF38C640-14B9-419A-B684-82ECE9048B05.jpeg

Unfortunately I find that to be quite an easy feat to accomplish.
The worst part is I didn’t get a stroke on the hole, so it was also a net quintuple bogey. So rude! It’s like they know I’ll be back tomorrow even after this display of futility.

Can I count an entire hole as my “worst shot?”

After a chip-in birdie on 11, I over fade an 8 iron on the par 3 12th from 165. Hits the cart path, kicks into the woods.

I have an opening... hit a 50 wedge out, somehow got under it too much, and clipped a limb.

Third shot, easy pitch up onto the green... frustrated, I decelerated and duffed it.

Fourth shot, not wanting another chunk, I pitched it about 20 feet past.

Fifth shot, I somehow sneak a slow putt in via the left edge of the cup.

Chunked me tee shot on the 100 yard island par 3... it barely got off the tee box. So I proceeded to make my way to the drop area and make double.

Topped a wedge into a hazard on a par 3 🤮

Hooked an otherwise well struck 3w into the drink chasing glory on a par 5 yesterday and proceeded to make double. Doh!

Pick any of the multitude of shanks from 80 and in today 😂😭

Screenshot_20210501-190815_TheGrint.jpg

I had this one last round. Yellow line goes back towards the tee box, white is sort of the flight. Moving crazy fast at sunset and this one is uphill into the wind. Decided to go after it with the driver. Try to get into wedge range.

It was one of those that you wish you hadn't hit as well, because it's just NOT going to stop going further offline. :LOL:

20210507_091734.jpg

Video title says it. Was playing like hot garbage, but tried to slow it way down and just hit a dang fairway, and still couldn't. Put me in a horrible spot and despite s noble effort from there, tricky pin got me and my 3rd bogey in 4 holes.

Edit: interestingly, that's the same hole from my last post in here

Had to be either the first or second of two consecutive topped 3 woods 🤮

8 iron, my 130 club. 125 to pin over water, into a little wind. Convince myself smooth swing and I'll just be a little long. Hit it perfectly, on line. Over the flag, over the back of the green, over the back trap, over the hill the trap was cut into. In the dirt trying to bounce it off the hill, hoping it misses the trap to the down hill pin. Rolls over the whole to the fringe, keeps going into the water. Take the drop, chip past the flag, 2 putt coming back. The snowman returns....

Lots to choose from, but a smothered hook OB off the 9th tee really soured the end of the nine.

Topped the living hell out of my 5W off the tee while attempting a low stinger shot, saved bogey with a nutted 8 iron that went 175 yards + a pretty severe uphill slope. I probably should have just smacked the crap out of a 4 iron originally but oh well, lol.

I just lost it completely mid-round today. Feeling a bit rundown and it translated directly to my game. Lost a few drives right and really started cutting across the ball with irons. Lost my feel around the greens too. I just couldn’t shake it, but I did grind to an 89.

My last round it was a heel strike with driver that went way right..

Screenshot_20210510-220147_Gallery.jpg

Any of these bunker to bunker shots. Maybe the 6i that leaked right, into a bunker I never even knew was there, or the AW from that one that came up a foot short of the green and plugged like hell? My buddy was laughing his ass off at the entire process. A little too much actually. I think he'd been saving it up. :LOL:

Last edited:
Best drive of the day on a par 5.... then tried to hit an ill advised fairway wood from 240 out off a downhill lie. I was going to try to flight it low into the wind. It stayed low alright, cold top that rolled 50 yards.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15th hole playing 390 yards slight dog leg left par 4. I’d had a decent round and stood confidently on the tee box Visualising a nice 5i into the middle right side of the fairway. However this is not how it panned out.... I shanked the ball into the trees to my right, ricocheted of a tree deeper into the 💩 before setting behind a clump of grass surrounded by beaches. Fortunately I managed to hack the ball out in one but the proceeded to topped my next shot before finally getting a grip of myself.

More of a "Worst Hole the round" but definitely included the worst shot as well. Thinned a driver that was lucky to clear a creek, popped up off the bank and ended just in front of the forward tees. The hole is a short par 4 anyways, would almost be drivable if not for the pond guarding the front. I wait for the group ahead to clear and try to hit a HW to the green. Caught it a little thick and it hooked a bit coming up just short & left of the pond. Really in a pretty good spot if it had been a decent drive. The turf is kinda thick so the ball is sitting up. I think I had 59 yards to the pin(?). Just fly a nice SW and drop it on the green. Went under the ball and knew I was in trouble right away. The pond is lined large rocks around the perimeter. The ball hits a rock pops up. hits another rock & back into the pond. Took my medicine and and hit a little one hop & stop to two feet. Golf is dumb.

Chunked me tee shot on the 100 yard island par 3... it barely got off the tee box. So I proceeded to make my way to the drop area and make double.
I believe I know the par you speak of. It's either a par or trying to save double on that one, usually the latter.

Back