Worst shot you have seen

Barely clipped the ball on the first tee for Sunday singles in the 2018 Morgan Cup. :ROFLMAO:
I think it barely rolled off the tee box and into the bunker on the left side.

My brother and I have both had some interesting shots. We have both had shots go 90 degrees from where we were aiming.

Also, this summer I was on a tee box, this particular hole has some trees on left side kinda close in, I hit my drive right into the trees and the ball came bouncing back right to my feet. :ROFLMAO::dohanim:

The worst I have personally seen was a friend of mine tried to kill a drive. He swung so hard that he hit the turf behind the ball and the club bounced over the ball, but.....a little turf came up and hit the ball and knocked it just off the tee and was resting against the tee itself.

I was playing with a guy and a group of ducks were walking in front of him. He hit a low liner and caught one of the ducks in the head. It was still alive but had a broken neck. He was all freaked out and the poor duck was flopping around in agony. I put it out of its misery but it was a pretty depressing rest of the round. Pretty bad shot too.

It was a series of shots that stick out to for the worst shot(s) I have ever seen. It was during section championship to go to the State Tournament. Both our girls and boys teams made it to sections and we were all warming up on the range and the girl was right next to me. She had been playing competitively for the first time this year and had some ability but I think nerves were getting to her. She went thru her bag warm up and got to her driver and with the first swing she hit off the shaft and snapped the head off the club! I was in shock! My brother was our assistant coach and he brought his clubs along for the practice round, so he ran and got his driver to see if she could make it work on a really long course. She takes 2 swings with it and snaps the head off of that driver too!

2 broken drivers in about 10 swings. She was understandably shaken up and had a bad day on the course but it is something I will never forget!

I saw a snap hook that went backwards

Not the worst, but the funniest i ever saw was my step brother swung his driver, made a beautiful sound, and hit the tee out from underneath the ball. Ball fell straight down. He held his pose though and was looking downrange for the epic drive he jsut hit.

I have no idea how I did it, but during a high school practice round I somehow hit the very back of my 3-wood when teeing off on #2 at Rio Pinar in Orlando, FL. Impact wasn't on the heel of the face; it was actually the very back of the club behind where the shaft entered the club.

The ball went straight back between my legs and hit my brother in the leg (he was teeing his ball up on the left side of the tee box while I was hitting). It's the worst shot I've seen or done and I've never come close to duplicating it since.

Easily my opening tee shot at a local Tournament. Right off the shaft adapter, ball shoots left and forward 30 yards, hits a sign and come back towards me. I jump out of the way with all the grace of a 3 legged elephant and the ball ends up in a flower bed behind the starter's table. Nearest relief is under the starter's table. 4 rules officials and a few moved pieces of furniture later, I want to die.

Why are you all talking about me???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

130yd (ish) Par 3...... had to carry a narrow creek and a small pond. There was a small metal walking bridge for those that wanted to cross the creek by foot and it was situated about 40 yds in front of the tee box complex. Witnessed a guy blade his tee shot into the trusswork on the little bridge where the ball rattled around eventually getting ejected over the pond and onto the green where it finally came to rest in the bottom of the cup. It was without a doubt, the worst best shot I have ever seen. As I type this, I can still picture the entire foursome on the tee box just whipping their heads back frantically trying to locate the ball in the air after its final collision with the metal bridge.....none of them had any idea where it was headed. Still shake my head when I think about it.

I damn near whiffed with a 445cc driver at a THP event. Ball didn’t get past the tee box, although it did roll off of it. Maybe 8 yards in front of me. It wasn’t the first tee either.

Same event, wasn’t a horrible shot but I sent one with a hybrid right over JB’s head in the left rough. I don’t think I’ve ever yelled Fore!!! so loudly or so fervently in my life. I “think” it cleared him by a comfortable margin.

Was playing with Cookie, who had a long bunker shot with the ball almost in the face of the bunker. He takes a good swing and start looking for the ball to no avail. Until a second or two later we heard it hit the roof of a house 30 yards behind the hole.

Fortunately I happened to be rolling tape. After watching it we figured out he actually double hit it on the follow thru, and the second contact was really solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly just pop ups and a few errant shots getting toed and hitting the cart. But the one that sticks out the most to me is a tee shot that a buddy cranked out, it hit a tree about 30 yards out and rocketed back towards us and landed in the teebox about 4 inches from his tee. Horrible, but convenient.

@Jaymo37 off the tee on 12 at Hyannis on Saturday - it was an easy iron 75 yards carry get’s you safe on a 250 yard hole

He put it right in the drink lol

My hard s***k two weeks ago with a wedge from 60 yards was worse and it was mine

Short par 3, final hole. I yanked my tee shot so far left that it missed the pond completely. First two bounces were on the driveway, luckily no cars coming by. It landed on the roof of the clubhouse, rolled off, and broke a beer bottle (empty) that somebody had left on a patio table.

Ugh..... a couple months in to playing the game I was having a really horrible day and got to the 6th tee box on the course near my house. I was playing alone thankfully and the course was empty as it was middle of the day in the middle of the week. That hole is pretty much straight. I somehow hit a drive that only went about 20 yards down range but hooked all to hell heading straight left. That ball got about 35 yards left of the fairway, almost to the previous hole fairway, when it turned 180 degrees and came straight back across the fairway I was playing to wind up about 35 yards down range and 40 yards right of the fairway. What the tee total........?!?!? Weirdest thing I ever saw but was really glad nobody else witnessed it.

Worst shot(s) were probably my own. When I was still back home, I was at my club and hit a shank on my approach to the 6th green. There was no one behind me, so I pulled another ball and promptly shanked that. I then proceeded to shank every ball i had in my bag. I celebrated by snapping my driver in half! Good times!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea how I did it, but during a high school practice round I somehow hit the very back of my 3-wood when teeing off on #2 at Rio Pinar in Orlando, FL. Impact wasn't on the heel of the face; it was actually the very back of the club behind where the shaft entered the club.

The ball went straight back between my legs and hit my brother in the leg (he was teeing his ball up on the left side of the tee box while I was hitting). It's the worst shot I've seen or done and I've never come close to duplicating it since.

Worst shot I have ever seen was identical to this, and I have never seen another like it. Playing in a fairly prestigious amateur (junior) tournament, a fellow player's nerves got the best of him. It looked like a fairly good swing, but he somehow managed to hit it between his legs off the first tee. The ball ended up behind him in a flower bed, and he had to take an unplayable from there. I still have no idea how he managed it. All of this with around 100 people watching. In fairness, this was back in the day of persimmon driver heads that were the size of a seven wood now.

Worst shot I have ever hit was a massive pull snap-hook (again with a persimmon driver!) that went within about six inches of killing someone putting on an adjacent green about 45 degrees left of our teeing block. They were only about 40 metres away and would normally never be in danger. We literally didn't have enough time to call out (although we were all yelling 'fore' as it continued on its way). Probably lucky, as it was going at high speed and if this guy had stood up from his putting stance, it would have caught him right between the eyes. I ran over to them, and he said that he felt the wind and actually heard it whistle as it went over his head. They were totally cool about it, but my round went to total crap after that and my hands were genuinely shaking. I still have nightmares about that, as I think that it is the closest I have come to ever killing someone.

Worst shot I have ever seen was identical to this, and I have never seen another like it. Playing in a fairly prestigious amateur (junior) tournament, a fellow player's nerves got the best of him. It looked like a fairly good swing, but he somehow managed to hit it between his legs off the first tee. The ball ended up behind him in a flower bed, and he had to take an unplayable from there. I still have no idea how he managed it. All of this with around 100 people watching. In fairness, this was back in the day of persimmon driver heads that were the size of a seven wood now.

Worst shot I have ever hit was a massive pull snap-hook (again with a persimmon driver!) that went within about six inches of killing someone putting on an adjacent green about 45 degrees left of our teeing block. They were only about 40 metres away and would normally never be in danger. We literally didn't have enough time to call out (although we were all yelling 'fore' as it continued on its way). Probably lucky, as it was going at high speed and if this guy had stood up from his putting stance, it would have caught him right between the eyes. I ran over to them, and he said that he felt the wind and actually heard it whistle as it went over his head. They were totally cool about it, but my round went to total crap after that and my hands were genuinely shaking. I still have nightmares about that, as I think that it is the closest I have come to ever killing someone.
Hahaha - yes, my 3-wood at the time was a Hogan laminate with the "speed slot". My brother was so shocked, as was I - he asked how I hit that shot and I literally had no idea. I was confused about where the ball went until he said "ouch". Even then, I couldn't believe it was my ball!

And like you, this time with a Toney Penna persimmon driver, I hit the worst snap/pull hook that was headed right for a house but luckily caught a tree. My friend yelled "Oh my God!" and then started laughing maniacally as he (nor I) couldn't believe just how fast and left that shot came off!

Worst shot I have seen not by me? That would be the one where they almost miss the ball but create so much spin the ball goes backwards haha

Sounds like one of my favorite stories. My buddy and I were on the 10th tee, a short, downhill par 4 that was drivable for him. Buddy swung a little extra hard, driving the ball straight down into the ground--like a DEEP pitch mark--and with enough backspin that it rolled back between my feet. I've never laughed so hard in my life when he asked, "did you see it?"

Had a guy tee off and top it, there is a pond on the right edge of the tee box. It crossed over the lip hit the wood piling and came flying back at us and landed on the tee box behind us. He did have a perfect lie on the second shot though. ;)

Snicks, I thought were were going to keep that one between us...

Back