Worst Staged "Reality" show

The real housewives and the bachelor /bachelorette... all cringe worthy

I’ll throw out Gold Rush....or whatever it’s called. “ if they don’t get 1xxx ounces of gold they will loose it all” they don’t make it, yet they are back every dang year. Doesn’t the irs only allow 4-5 of business losses? 🤣

Let me say it might be one of the worst setups, but it is hysterically funny. The Bachelor in Paradise. My wife and I laugh so hard at all the crying that was set up for TV.

Pawn stars

The Curse of Oak Island. 118 episodes about a mysterious treasure? I watched the first couple and realized quickly this show wasn’t going anywhere.

The Curse of Oak Island. 118 episodes about a mysterious treasure? I watched the first couple and realized quickly this show wasn’t going anywhere.
Yeah....just enough at the end to entice you to come back. Hunting Hitler was the same way

The one that bugs me the most, being a drag racer myself, is Street Outlaws. Illegal street racing. I used to street race when I was young and stupid. Not through town, but out in deserted industrial zones. This TV show likes to bill itself as "Illegal." But to have a show such as this, where they "street race"....the way they do it on the show, can't happen without permits, LEA supervision, ambulances, lighting and a production crew.

My wife used to watch some of the Housewives shows... and Vanderpump rules... this was before they started real housewives of atlanta. I'd watch too because some of the ladies were attractive. what can I say, I'm easy.:ROFLMAO: I stopped watching because they were stupid and got even more so. And they continued to add more cities.

Now I watch mostly what's on Motortrend channel, a handful of the home improvement shows, love it or list it (SPOILER: they almost always love it) and house hunters even though they show the selected house in the show... OOH! Such drama. What house will they choose?:rolleyes: I don't watch it that often... only when Bitchin' Rides is a rerun. Occasionally I'll tune into a recorded episode of forged in fire... yes, that's staged too.:rolleyes:

I don't watch broadcast tv. Sure, I might miss a lot of shows but I'm not really interested. If I watch Netflix, it takes me a while just to scroll past all of the latest tv shows that I don't watch to get to the movie that has 3 stars that I might want to watch.

Also THE MF'ing CHALLENGE is the BEST reality TV show on earth. MTV is an actual master of this. It originally started as Road Rules, and morphed in The CHALLENGE. Think Survivor meets The real world, with unlimited booze in the house. Its low brow fun to watch, but the actual challenges are legit. They are on season 35 I believe now. Hell this season includes Olympian LoLo Jones, and survivor winner Natalie Anderson. So they do try to recruit legit athletes.

If can't believe The Challenge is still on. If you would have asked me which MTV tv show would last the longest, I would never have picked "Road Rules".

If can't believe The Challenge is still on. If you would have asked me which MTV tv show would last the longest, I would never have picked "Road Rules".
And it's still really really good. I think Ridiculousnous and the Challenge are their two highest rated shows. Followed by Catfish

And it's still really really good. I think Ridiculousnous and the Challenge are their two highest rated shows. Followed by Catfish

That's interesting, because I never thought it was good in the first place. :LOL:

Back