Would HS boys beat LPGA pros?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Reaction score
How much do you think LPGA players would get beat by high school-aged boys?

Local high school hockey team here (not an all star team - just a local town's team) beat the USA women's team by a score of 3 to 2. Mind you, the boys had to alter their game entirely as there was no hitting allowed (obviously), and the boys would have been used to using their checking to their ability. This was just a regular team - not an all star team - of high school aged boys and they took down the best women's hockey team on the planet (or at least second best).

So if high school boys played LPGA players, how do you think the results would be? Or do you think LPGA players would beat them handily?

I personally think you might have a few High School boys that could beat some LPGA players. For the most part
the LPGA payers would win.

The average HS male player would get beat by an LPGA pro, I think. I don’t have any numbers to back this up, but my gut tells me that the average HS male shoots in the 80’s and the LPGA average would be in the 70’s

LPGA girls would crush HS boys team. Those girls can play!

Just the length alone of HS boys would give them a profound advantage. I'm thinking average HS boy drives it over 300. Average on LPGA is?....260?

LPGA all the way. Of course some HS players could win because there are incredible athletes in high school in every sport but going by averages, the women would cruise.

What was the HS team that played? Just curious?

I think the LPGA player would win easily. Although I am surprised a HS team could be the USA women's team, they have some serious skill.

Your question is a joke right.....LPGA would crush high school boys.

What was the HS team that played? Just curious?

I think the LPGA player would win easily. Although I am surprised a HS team could be the USA women's team, they have some serious skill.

Warroad. https://www.espn.com/olympics/news/story?id=2281644

It was actually 2-1. As I recall this year Warroad was not as good as they usually are.

Think about this everyone. An area HS of boys (NOT an all star team) of beat THE best women on the planet, even after they had to alter their game (not check) to play them.

I would bet just average HS (#1 or #2) would probably beat the average LPGA player.

I am a HS coach of a successful HS program here in NY (Long Island). I have had about 10 Div 1 golfers in the past 12 years and 20 or so collegiate golfers. Only one of those golfers would of been able to hang with an LPGA player (he went to U of Florida to play, and still plays professionally), all the others would get beat, some crushed and that is just the top kids that I have coached. . I also coached wrestling for a long time, and it is thought that the top female olympic wrestlers in the world are likely as good as a HS state champion. I would say in golf that would be true as well. A HS golf state champion might be able to hang (not beat) a LPGA pro (also depends on how highly ranked the player is). I would say LPGA pros are likely closer to mid-level and above Div 1 men's golfers.

golf is a sport where this comparison would be a lot different than most.

It’s not just length that wins tournaments. There’s a lot of mental skill involved in playing, and I just don’t think the HS boys have it to take on a Tour Pro and win.

It depends.. Do you mean the best high school players from around the country? If so it might be close but my money is still on the LPGA (as long as you are talking about their top 10)

I would be imagine you might get 1 maybe 2 of the boys that could win, the majority would get beat and handily.

golf is a sport where this comparison would be a lot different than most.
In what way? HS boys could just bomb-and-gouge their way around some of these shorter LPGA setups and probably be pretty effective.

Just the length alone of HS boys would give them a profound advantage. I'm thinking average HS boy drives it over 300. Average on LPGA is?....260?

Average HS boy hitting 300? That is laughable. Sorry, I think you are way off on this one. The LPGA would destroy all but a few of the nation's Boys HS teams.

Average HS boy hitting 300? That is laughable. Sorry, I think you are way off on this one. The LPGA would destroy all but a few of the nation's Boys HS teams.
Agree, HS driving average is likely closer to 220 than 300 from personal experience (13-18 year olds), with the top kids 270+. *Carry distance

I was driving it the longest of my life at 18yo. I've only lost distance since, even as I played the game more through my 20s and 30s. I would say the average 17-18 yo boy pokes it out there quite a bit farther than an LPGA player. Look at the average driving distance link above.

Actually LPGA drive it less than I thought they did:

Heck I didn't even play (seriously) in HS and with an old probably 160cc metal head driver I was putting it over 300 back in the late '90s.
Distance has nothing to do with it if it isn't in play. I looked at that chart. Inbee Park is last in driving distance and has 20 wins. She would carve up a high school player with ease. Her iron play is superb and she is a great putter.

I was driving it the longest of my life at 18yo. I've only lost distance since, even as I played the game more through my 20s and 30s. I would say the average 17-18 yo boy pokes it out there quite a bit farther than an LPGA player. Look at the average driving distance link above.
I'm not saying that there aren't 18 year olds who are great athletes and can hit it pretty far. I've seen them do it. But the average HS boys golfer? No chance. I've been involved with my son's HS team for the past few years and in those years they have not had a single kid who averages 300 yards. And they've had some good players, including some D1 talent.

There isn't 100 players on the PGA tour averaging over 300yds, but sure that's what the average high schooler is driving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back