Would knowing this bother you or would you simply get on with life - COVID 19?

Luchnia

You will never conquer golf.
Reaction score
Handicap
I played golf last Saturday with a fellow golfer I have been playing with most of last year. We rode the same cart the last round. He works in a nearby county school system and is in maintenance. His team has been working while others are at home.

He texted me a day or two after we played to let me know one of the guys he works with every day in fairly close contact has tested positive for COVID 19. He said he was informed to quarantine himself at home. I am guessing they informed him to let others that he was in contact with know as well.

I have not really thought much about it since then, because what can you really do about it anyway? If it is possible to come to you through someone else, not like you can really do anything about it. It isn't like we have decontamination chambers or some miracle cleanser laying around to use if it was picked up.

Would knowing this bother you and get you in a tizzy or would you simply get on with life?

knowing would be so much better. I could self quarantine for 14 days and let others i came in contact with during the time i didn't know. THAT is the only way we will stop this. I would not be in a Tizzy a bout it. And getting on with life would be very different fo 14 days.

I would just be cautious, about who I'm in contact with and let them know, once his quarantine would be done and no symptoms then I believe you would be in the clear and move on, but a lesson learned to be more cautious in the future.

My mom's coworker advised she was positive, my mom worked with her, then a week later I had to do something at her house, but I took extra precautions to clean anything I touched, washed hands a few times etc.

And then back to my life I go

I might be a little worried, and just closely monitor any symptoms that pop up. I think knowing he was in contact with someone with Covid-19, personally I would avoid seeing any elderly or immunocompromised.. Which essentially everyone is doing anyways, so it does not change much. Just keep a close watch on any symptoms and get tested if you have to!

The concern is who you might have come in contact with if that fellow passed it on to you. Your own family. This crap is contagious before you show symptoms.

My first concern is that you wouldn't show immediate symptoms. So you come home as if nothing is wrong, inadvertently give it to your family. It becomes a vicious circle. That's why this is so dangerous right now. I would self-quarantine myself for at least 14 days. I wouldn't fret about it too much but once I told Mrs. Nut about it .... YIKES! :eek: The world would be coming to an end in our house! :eek: She has already cleaned the house, up & down, side to side ... multiple times. You could eat off the floor. I'm not sure how it could get any cleaner.
But my position would be .... we all gotta die from something. Just some sooner than others. So I'm not too concerned about it. Someone has to have a level head in the house & the voice of reason.

I’d be super careful to stay at home and isolate myself from my family and not share a bathroom or bedroom for about a week. Most cases are symptomatic within 7 days. My buddies son came home from Spain three weeks ago and got a high fever and cough a couple days later. He had the test but by the time they got the positive results back the whole house was sick to varying degrees. Luckily three of them had just mild like flu symptoms. They are all recovered now but my buddy has to stay at home from work this entire week as none of his co-workers want to be around him until they are sure he is not contagious.

I'd like to know about it just so I could be safe and possibly stay away from the vulnerable people in my life. I'd probably even just stay away from everyone for at least two weeks (within reason and if possible) just so I could be sure. But absolutely I'd want to know and no it wouldn't bother me. All of us are going to come into close contact with this virus. And we likely already have - even if we haven't gotten it.

Good thing is it is only my wife and I here at home and we don't have contact with anyone else and I simply do not go around anybody, much less older folks (I am 65 LOL) as I think that is being reckless and foolish. I would never want to be even indirectly responsible for someone getting this whacked out virus.

I would just use some common sense precautions. Self isolate yourself a couple weeks and then move on. There is a good chance your buddy would show symptoms in the next week or so and that would give you a better idea whether or not you could also be at higher risk. Then again, he may have got it and never show symptoms. Again, just use some common sense and everything should be fine. No point in freaking out about it.

Id rather know. Id be pretty angry if someone found out that they had COVID, I was in close contact with the and they never told me. Just think of how many people they could have infected, who then infected other people.

Stay home stay safe stay away from others wash your hands cough and sneeze in elbow

If it was me, I would want to know if someone I had been in contact with had either been diagnosed, or they had been in contact with someone who had been diagnosed

In this situation, you should be self-isolating for a minimum of 7 days, and if you show no symptoms then you can start to go out for the essential reasons, but if you develop symptoms you have to then self-isolate for 7 days from the date of the symptoms beginning, and anyone else in the house has to isolate for 14 days, unless they begin to show symptoms, at which point they have to isolate for 7 days from the point of symptoms starting

If your symptoms don't worsen, you can stop isolating after the 7 days regardless of whether or not someone else in the house shows symptoms

I would quarantine myself but I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you are relatively healthy you will feel sick for a bit but be fine.

Don’t worry, just follow the guidelines and take it as you go. Wash hands, disinfect, self-quarantine, social distance. Taking precaution doesn’t hurt.

if you dont know, you cant take additional preventive measures. You basically have to know

No offense, but what the hell were you thinking sharing a cart? This didn’t just pop up on Monday. Courses have been either going walking only or shared carts for weeks. Even in EVERY golf forum like this one, it’s been the call- no shared carts or walk. This was self inflicted, so it’s up to you to make the right call.

Assuming you don't have serious underlying health issues already I probably wouldn't worry too much about it, just isolate yourself for a few weeks to be sure. For me, in a way I'd rather get it and be done with it (assuming it works that way but I have no idea).

I'll take a realist stance... Covid-19 exposure... highly contagious...
Daily exposure to whatever's in the world... be it influenza A, influenza B, SARS, MERS, Swine Flu, Avian Flu, ecoli, and any other matter of bacteria and viruses in the world...

I wouldn't bescrewed into the ceiling over it... just carry on in the usual grumpiness that accompanies me through my life... Considering you're 65, I'd say follow the recommendations of everyone and try to protect yourself and your wife from it.

Good luck and hope you don't have it.:D

I'd self-quarantine and get on with my life. It's just my wife and I at home, neither of us are immunocompromised and we're both pretty healthy, so I'd monitor for symptoms and ride it out.

In our country, golf clubs have been basically shut down. Everything non essential is shut down

I'm kind of lucky...My employer has me working from home and my wife is retired. Other than a daily walk or a trip for food, we are not out in public, at all. yup, there are dozens of other diseases out there, right now, killing millions...but this thing is going so fast, the heath care systems are being over run. Drs have a choice now...who do I save?

I keep telling my son, wash your hands often, stay physically separated, don't kill your parents.

Yes, we are all gonna die, but I'd rather it in my sleep than knowing I'm drowning in my own snot

Then again, he may have got it and never show symptoms. Again, just use some common sense and everything should be fine. No point in freaking out about it.

Exactly!

No offense, but what the hell were you thinking sharing a cart? This didn’t just pop up on Monday. Courses have been either going walking only or shared carts for weeks. Even in EVERY golf forum like this one, it’s been the call- no shared carts or walk. This was self inflicted, so it’s up to you to make the right call.
I live in a rural country area so I am not out and about around people anyway so this is not a big deal for me. I don't fear things like COVID, but I believe in respecting others where this type of thing is concerned. I wondered if one per cart was was a rule, but the course we were at were sharing carts. It seemed it was optional there.

I appreciate that the guy let me know his co-worker tested positive and that he was around him last week. I was more curious as to various views of others on this subject.

Back