Would this really have that much of an effect on my shots?

Canabuc

Reaction score
Handicap
I ordered Forged tec irons last season 1/4 inch short of standard and 1* flat. Stock stiff $taper lite.
Never hit them great and misses usually right despite more offset than I usually play.

Thinking about trading them towards ZX5 or ZX 7 Srixon. Went to my local Golftown where they has the forged tec demo cart and i put the STD loft length and lie head and $ taper lite shaft and hit them against the Srixons with their stock shaft offerings.

I could not believe how good they felt .Every ball dead straight or hint of draw. And much more consistent than with the Srixons.

Could the 1/4 inch length and or the 1* flat have such an impact on my shots?
For the record am 5'8 Driver SS around 100-104.

1* flat may be the issue. if the irons are 1* flat and should be standard lie, that would explain the right miss and possible toe strikes.

I am thinking the 1* flat is the issue Unless you are tall and the 1/4" is making the difference.

It may be cheaper for you to get the loft and lie of your clubs checked and have the lie corrected. But then again, there's still that pesky 1/4"... and new clubs are so COOL!

I had a similar issue with the forged tecs but it was because they were too upright. I absolutely love them but I just wish they were easier to shape

I am thinking the 1* flat is the issue Unless you are tall and the 1/4" is making the difference.
I am 5'8 and going back as far as I can remember my lie angle on a 5 iron always around 60*. The stock Cobra is 62* so with the 1 flat 1;/4 inch short should be 60*. Maybe the way these are weighted there is more toe droop and I need it less flat.
Can try to get them bent 1 up and see if that helps.

I had a similar issue with the forged tecs but it was because they were too upright. I absolutely love them but I just wish they were easier to shape
I am happy with straight lol.

Like others, I'd definitely reconsider the lie angle and look to have them bent upright. I know it made a world of difference for me last year with my lob wedge.

Did you ever do any type of strike analysis?

Like others, I'd definitely reconsider the lie angle and look to have them bent upright. I know it made a world of difference for me last year with my lob wedge.

Did you ever do any type of strike analysis?
for these irons no as I got them mid pandemic when stores were closed to trafficso worked off static measurements that worked for me in the past

Back