Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
If your wife was good enough to hang with the boys would you bring her to the game?

We have a Tuesday senior blitz and I'm wondering if you were retired and your wife had game, would you think the guys would mind if she joined the group?

Last edited:

Howzat

I'd Rather Be At The Hideaway
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Hell yeah I would have her along. My wife likes to hang with the guys however and has no issues being in that environment.

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
If your wife was good enough to hang with the boys would you bring her to the game?

We have a Tuesday senior blitz and I'm wondering if you were retired and your wife had game, would you think the guys would mine if she joined the group?
Personally I wouldn't care, but I'm not sure the "boys" could handle the blow to their ego perhaps. Also a me s group is a chance for the boys to get together as boys. Maybe bringing a women in would ruffle a few feathers...taking away from the testosterone bonding time.

AG47

Reaction score
Handicap
PRO
Oh yeah!!!

checkered

The Shogun of Harlem
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
too high
I would for sure.

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
Personally I wouldn't care, but I'm not sure the "boys" could handle the blow to their ego perhaps. Also a me s group is a chance for the boys to get together as boys. Maybe bringing a women in would ruffle a few feathers...taking away from the testosterone bonding time.
I think if they could see how she would not slow play etc. she might be welcomed. On the other hand some guys do not like women hanging with the boys. :confused2:

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
The cool part is she would play from the same tees as most of them would. Only a few of us young bucks, play from the white tees.. :D

Tadashi70

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I would take her to any game if they gave her tees. I am talking in my game (tips vs forward tees). IN the senior blitz you speak of, I would venture to say she will make some men look bad.

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
I would take her to any game if they gave her tees. I am talking in my game (tips vs forward tees). IN the senior blitz you speak of, I would venture to say she will make some men look bad.
We have an awards dinner tomorrow night after our blitz and the year ends on the same date every year. KellyBo is looking to warm up for a tournament she has Wednesday, so I told her to come on out and play with us old coots.. I sent an email to the group and I'm waiting for an ok. I think it could be fun but you know how some old guys look at women playing on their turf.

ArmyGolf

#Rise&Grind
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 9.3
I think if they could see how she would not slow play etc. she might be welcomed. On the other hand some guys do not like women hanging with the boys. :confused2:
Depends on the group of guys I guess. If they are there to golf, no problem.
If they are there to drink and complain about their wives/lives, I wouldn't even consider it.

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap

Well ill we all know KB will whoop'em into shape. as for the boys not liking women hanging with boys....would you really want KB hanging with those fools?

Mad_Brad

aka braddman19
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

mmaynard11

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Definitely wishing my wife would just give in and take up the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
Depends on the group of guys I guess. If they are there to golf, no problem.
If they are there to drink and complain about their wives/lives, I wouldn't even consider it.
They're just there to play golf and as far as I know, none of them care about playing with women :alien:

KEV

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I would definitely bring my wife occasionally. I don't know that I would every time though, sometimes you just need to get out with your buddies.

6ixOhFore

Husky Eyes
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I would bring my wife, I like the idea of a couple or married couple golfing together.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux

We have a Tuesday senior blitz and I'm wondering if you were retired and your wife had game, would you think the guys would mine if she joined the group?
She is, and I do.

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Yup. Jenn has beaten some of the guys. She loves it, I love it, they not so much haha

robmypro

Reaction score
Handicap
Absolutely.

tequila4kapp

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
Absolutely I would bring her (and do). The other guys...well, who knows what they will think.

SkiBumGolfer

Burning the edge again...
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Abso-friggin-lutely.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

KellyBo

Golf, Have Fun or Quit!
Reaction score

We have a Tuesday senior blitz and I'm wondering if you were retired and your wife had game, would you think the guys would mind if she joined the group?
Silly goose. Some will, some won't. I don't want to play in your men's group and I don't want you to play with our ladies group. :)

Note: Not casual friends group but organized men's group that compete every week. I like to play golf with the guys!

Zeff

Work hard, dream big
Reaction score
Handicap
Certainly I would, but then I'm married 39 years and that choice is not really mine! :beat-up:

Sox_Fan

BHG Homer
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Varies
You betcha! And she would probably be doing this to some of the boys! :deadhorse:

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in