While she was not my wife, this story sort of hits home to this topic. I was visiting back home in Alabama and was to play on a Saturday morning with a buddy of mine. He told me his daughter was going to play golf with us. Good player so not a problem for me. Well as it turns out, my buddy had a work thing come up and he could not play so it was just the daughter and me. We ended up going out with a couple of older guys there. While we were waiting on the first tee, one of them says "Well Hon, why don't you go on up to the red tees and hit." She looked at him an said, "I don't play from the red tees." When the way was clear, she stepped up and ripped a big nice high draw right down the middle. She beat both of those guys handily and I just managed to beat her by a stroke. About 3 holes into the round, the guy who made the original comment could not shut up about how good a player she was.

Would ya do it?

While she was not my wife, this story sort of hits home to this topic. I was visiting back home in Alabama and was to play on a Saturday morning with a buddy of mine. He told me his daughter was going to play golf with us. Good player so not a problem for me. Well as it turns out, my buddy had a work thing come up and he could not play so it was just the daughter and me. We ended up going out with a couple of older guys there. While we were waiting on the first tee, one of them says "Well Hon, why don't you go on up to the red tees and hit." She looked at him an said, "I don't play from the red tees." When the way was clear, she stepped up and ripped a big nice high draw right down the middle. She beat both of those guys handily and I just managed to beat her by a stroke. About 3 holes into the round, the guy who made the original comment could not shut up about how good a player she was.

Haha I've had the same reaction after most first timers play with KelkyBo. Now mine ya, she can have off days like we all do but overall she can hang with anybody I've ever played with ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure. I keep telling Rebecca she'd be a great player if she put her mind to it.

For that matter if she ever said she wanted to join me for a round, I wouldn't care what her index was, I'd still bring her along.

Hell yeah I would have her along. My wife likes to hang with the guys however and has no issues being in that environment.
I remember your wife bridge slapping texashacker. She can hang

If my wife could play golf ad do it well. Hell yeah she could hang

If your wife was good enough to hang with the boys would you bring her to the game?

We have a Tuesday senior blitz and I'm wondering if you were retired and your wife had game, would you think the guys would mind if she joined the group?
Reading between the lines: You don't want to be the only one that gets his behind whooped? :act-up:

As long as the group normally has manners (not reliving their frat boy days) I think it would be fine.

I would make sure my wife would feel comfortable first, then if she is good to go, I would ask the "boys". I would want all to be comfortable with the game.

Yep. I have and she has won.

Hate to throw cold water on this. But, my friend and I did this a few years ago and it damaged a lot of relationships. We were shocked to find the attitudes of the guys who I thought were friends. The reasons included were: "now, what if MY wife wants to play?, I don't want to play with her." Both wives are very good, near single digit from the men's tees so there was those who were not confident or embarrassed. They won some cash. There were those who wanted to misbehave beyond just a few beers and bad language. All in all a disaster. So, now, I rarely play them and no more trips either. But, the women are actually more competitive and fun anyway. Tremendous shame.

Seeing as it is Kelly, I wouldn't expect there to be any problem if she was to play, but I would want to make sure the rest of the guys were okay with it first before taking her along

If it was me, and someone asked if they could bring their wife along and I knew she could play, then I certainly wouldn't have an issue with it. But even if she wasn't a good player I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from playing as we all had to start somewhere

I enjoy having Tera join us for casual rounds for sure!

KellyBo decided to bow out and let the guys have their time.

Back