Would you: Brandless Club Fitting

That would be ideal for me. I don't care the make and only performance. Now I have brands I gravitate towards and is actually why I would prefer this to remove my bias.

Would be quite fun to try.

I think it would be a great thing to try, with that said I do have pretty strong loyalties to brands so the complete execution would be a whole other story.

When I've had my driver fittings and one for irons, I explained to my guy that I didn't want him to tell me what brands and models I was trying. I didn't want my preconceived biases or prejudices to get in the way of getting the equipment best suited to me. Realistically, I know I could tell what this one or that one might be but I haven't studied the club heads enough to know what more than one or two might be.

I’d do a brand-agnostic fitting if I ever get the chance. I’ve tried a lot of different clubs and there’s nothing out there that is terrible I any category besides the G425 Max sound.

I think so. I'll withhold reservation though... I have said here that I would be willing to play almost any club regardless of how it looked if it could help my game... then I went and looked at some of them. Nope. I have to be able to tolerate the looks... there are some clubs out there that are just plain ugly.
I like the honesty!

It would be fun to do that. I think the whole time I'd be guessing what each club I'm hitting is. But I think I'd probably break down and want to know what I was fitted for before buying them.

It would be fun to do that. I think the whole time I'd be guessing what each club I'm hitting is. But I think I'd probably break down and want to know what I was fitted for before buying them.
Which is fine in my hypothetical scenario. I think I'd want to know too, but still want my final decision to be data driven.

That would be perfect. With irons it could be tough because some of them look unique. With woods you could mask the top and it might work.

If this was possible, I would love to do it. Take the bias completely out of it.

I don't know if I could do it... If the clubs I hit the best turned out to be the most expensive ones, I would think it was some sort of scam lol.

I would have no problem with it but I am pretty sure I could identify the brand/model of every club without it being explicitly labeled.

I could. I know what style of club I like but lost companies have something that could fit. As look as it looks right I don’t care the brand.

that would be a really awesome way to do fitting

When I got fitted for irons last August, I‘d just come back to the game after 15 years away. I hadn’t kept up with what clubs were out there. I hadn’t been in a pro shop or golf shop in years. The names on the clubs were pretty much irrelevant. My main consideration was how I hit them. I didn’t even look at the price.

Yep - love the idea!

That would be fantastic. If it's all new stuff/proto it'd be totally possible to not know, too. Take everything off the Apex Pro before it came out, or a whole bunch of other recent clubs, and how many would know what they were hitting?

That would be fantastic. If it's all new stuff/proto it'd be totally possible to not know, too. Take everything off the Apex Pro before it came out, or a whole bunch of other recent clubs, and how many would know what they were hitting?

I had the same thought. For new equipment, how would you know without the brand marking?

I'd actually love to do a fitting like that. 100% yes.

Absolutely. All the better if you can guarantee me a fitter who has access to every brand with no bias whatsoever.

Absolutely. All the better if you can guarantee me a fitter who has access to every brand with no bias whatsoever.
Another interesting aspect, the one choosing what you hit. Great point.

Back