Would you buy reduced distance equipment?

Would you purchased reduced distance equipment?

• Yes

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 127 94.1%

• Total voters

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I think the answer is pretty obvious but based on the USGA's ridiculous report that suggests you may have to own two sets of equipment to play in tournaments depending on local rules I think it begs the question... If a company decided to go ahead and produce reduced distance equipment would you purchase it to be able to compete or would you just say screw it and not compete anymore?

Lol hell no!

I would not compete in anything that required me to shackle myself with an extra ridiculous set of equipment.

Having to learn and know numbers for 2 totally different sets and expect to not have a lapse in the middle of a round is out of the question.

f**k no. **** no. Hell no.

Reduced distance gear would sell less than muscleback irons already do.

I mean has anyone been to TopGolf? Pulling an 8i to hit the ball 120yds seems counter productive. Not to mention I was barely averaging 190 off the tee with a driver.

• Admin
I mean has anyone been to TopGolf? Pulling an 8i to hit the ball 120yds seems counter productive. Not to mention I was barely averaging 190 off the tee with a driver.

Jamie Sadlowski was hitting driver over the net. #justsayin ;)

The answer I'm looking for isn't up there.

It's a f*** no from me.

Edit: Didn't see @Jman with a similar reply first.

Last edited:
Not a chance in hell.

Not on your life....how complicated do I need to try and make this game?

This is the answer I fully expect from everyone. The idea is laughable

I'm sure based on some of the POVs in the other thread, I hope they migrate in here and shower us with facts as to why reduced distance gear will be bought and why it is good for us.

I am already playing "reduced distance". :oops:

I seem to own a lot of "REDUCED DISTANCE" clubs!!?? who slipped those into my bag??

I'm sure based on some of the POVs in the other thread, I hope they migrate in here and shower us with facts as to why reduced distance gear will be bought and why it is good for us.
Anxiously waiting for @golfunfiltered to be the only yes vote haha

I mean like HELL NO..

All this time getting clubs to go farther and farther with new tech and this is what we are heading towards? Completely laughable. No more tournaments for me lol

Jamie Sadlowski was hitting driver over the net. #justsayin ;)
Hey this isn’t about me...lol! I probably could with my souped up driver. ?

So If I outdrive you by 30 yards, and we both have to use reduced distance equipment, won't i still outdrive you by 30 yards?

Would not even consider it. Ever.

Absolutely not. Distance is not an issue for 99.999999% of golfers.

...and to answer hell no! I’d spend my money on a...

Reduced distance gear would sell less than muscleback irons already do.

Could you imagine the marketing ?

This year we have reduced distance and speed and guarantee that you will hit it 10 yards shorter.

We could even argue about loft flopping ?

Back