Would you consider this your PB?

I'm going 5 over every time. But there are some serious par 3s on that course, for quite a short course there are a number of 200+ par 3s which wouldn't be something I would look forward to!

If one has to ask , i think that i itself answers the question.
Im not even going with 5 over. Imo thats the same exact thing as claiming the 66 PB. No difference because 5 over is indeed the 66. So imo if you cant claim the PB as some mile marker how can you claim the other as some muile marker? It doesnt matter nor make any sense imo.

Last edited:
No, I don’t count Exec Course scores toward PB’s. (I had my first 9 hole score ever at or under par this season on one)

The course back home is similar to that, it plays 2400 yards for 9 holes. I've shot 30/34 but never say 64 is my low round. I was a 1 handicap for league there.

73 on a actual course is my PB

When it comes to a PB, I think one has to distinguish between best relative to par, and best relative to course rating. When asked about my PB, I'll usually mention both.

I'd say "78, six over, but I have shot a five-over 66 on a short course."
I agree with this. Exec course doesn’t really count IMO

I agree with the consensus +5 or 77 would be now your personal best.

I usually refer to my pb in relation to par vs total score. +11. Just easier than saying 81 but it was on a par 70 course

The par of the course maintains the challenge. There are three par 3s over 200 yards with a couple of them over 230… that’s very challenging.

I’d count it.

+5

I had a similar situation earlier this season. One of the courses in my rotation was doing work on the two back tees so I had to play on the forward tees which made it around 5400 yds. I shot +2 or 3 I believe. I count the 76 I had at a course just over 6k where I played from the appropriate tees.

+5 but obviously I wouldn’t be running around bragging that my best is a 66 without providing context.

I always consider handicap differential when judging how well I played that day. I’d be much prouder of shooting 75 from 7,000 yards at Whistling Straits than an even par 70 at some wide open muni course from 6,000 yards.

A 66 is 5 over the course rating (scratch golf). How far over the course rating was your 78? The score you shot that is closest to the course rating is your PB. 78 at Goat Hills is different from 78 at Oakmont.

I would stick with the 78 for the overall PB, but also have individual PBs for different courses.

Back