Would you enjoy golf more if it was easier?

Would you enjoy golf more if it was easier?

• NO WATER on the course

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nets along both sides of the fairway to act like "bumpers" as seen in bowling

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
On the days I play like garbage, I wish it were easier. On days that I'm pure piping the ball, I wish it were harder.

The possible flip side of this "easier" question is, that if the game were easier, more people would be playing it. More players on the course could mean a slower pace of play. That slower pace could take away the enjoyment of the game from others.

Easier golf would not make me happier. I love it how it is.

If we wanted the game more difficult, no one would buy new technology that promises more distance, straighter shots, putts that stay on line, balls that go far and straight, etc...
Personally I'll take advantage of new technology (within budget and rules limits) that will help me score better.

The difficulty of the game is what makes it so great. I prefer the challenge.

I like the challenge of it so hard to say really

I voted yes, and lift clean and place. Yes because many of the courses I regularly play have become filled in with trees over the 20-60 years they've been open. I think as a result they play much harder than they were designed. My two regular spots have been removing trees over the past couple seasons, but it's an ongoing process and they're not quite there yet. LCP because it removes an element of luck that often overwhelms one's skill. Nothing sucks more than hitting a great shot and having it end up in a muddy bare spot or a fairway divot.

I voted yes, and lift clean and place. Yes because many of the courses I regularly play have become filled in with trees over the 20-60 years they've been open. I think as a result they play much harder than they were designed. My two regular spots have been removing trees over the past couple seasons, but it's an ongoing process and they're not quite there yet. LCP because it removes an element of luck that often overwhelms one's skill. Nothing sucks more than hitting a great shot and having it end up in a muddy bare spot or a fairway divot.

You ever get a lucky bounce that turns out way better than it should have?

You ever get a lucky bounce that turns out way better than it should have?
Yes of course. But it's luck, not skill. The feeling of satisfaction is very fleeting compared to actually hitting a good shot.

Yes of course. But it's luck, not skill. The feeling of satisfaction is very fleeting compared to actually hitting a good shot.

Me, too, and I'd never dream of trading all my good bounces for the bad bounces. I figure it evens out in the end... or maybe winds up in my favor a bit. You can't get rid of the bad without getting rid of the good.

I said no. I enjoy the challenge and the chase to get better... it’s part of what keeps me coming back for more after feeding the fish with 3 balls off the tee box.

If golf was easier everyone would be doing it and tee times would be hard to get. So no.

100% no. It is because of the challenge and the constant drive to achieve that better score that drives me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lately I’ve been playing by myself and with a bad shot I’ll throw another ball down, not so much as a mulligan, but as a can I hit this shot right. I’ll still play the first shot for a score but I do like the idea of mulligans to a point.
I also like the new rule of a two stroke penalty when hitting OB and dropping but reduce it to one like for hitting in a hazard.

I would just love to be able to replicate my swing when I have good swings for a few holes then BAM! Goes haywire!
I want to be able to keep that swing going....

No, the fact that its stupid difficult is half of what makes it fun.

I would enjoy it more if i was better at it.
giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Funny how the game gets easier when you move forward a tee box.
People enjoy torturing themselves.

That’s what makes it fun. It’s challenging and only you can make yourself better at it.

Not everyone can play golf well.

Kind of like my other favorite sport, hockey. Many can’t skate as it takes practice.

Earning something is always more rewarding than being given something. Work hard and you will improve.

Most will never be a Tour Pro but every once in a while you hit a shot that you shake your head at and wonder how did I do that.

That’s what makes it fun. It’s challenging and only you can make yourself better at it.

Not everyone can play golf well.

Kind of like my other favorite sport, hockey. Many can’t skate as it takes practice.

Earning something is always more rewarding than being given something. Work hard and you will improve.

Most will never be a Tour Pro but every once in a while you hit a shot that you shake your head at and wonder how did I do that.

I agree that everyone doesn't have the ability to shoot par, but depending on your definition of "well", I'd say that's debatable. I think most people have the ability to play bogey golf with some instruction and effort.

Back