Would You Pay $68 For A Wilson Polo?

Would you pay $68 for a Wilson polo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn’t spent $68 bucks on any polo. Not a priority for me. That said, I hate the Wilson bashing. Yup they make and have made some poor decisions. They also make some really good golf equipment. It seems so engrained to hate on Wilson that they could revolutionize the sport tomorrow and 90% of the golfers out there would turn up their nose to them. Imagine if Wilson had come out with the Truss putter or Slingshot irons , FTI driver…
No, they’re no longer a big player, but their irons and very underrated wedges are as good as anything out there. Their golf balls I bet are just as good as many of the DTC brands that are so popular now too?! Mizuno only recently got their woods game to a respected level in the last few years. Can’t recall much Mizuno bashing🤷‍♂️
Rant over;-)

I wouldn’t spent $68 bucks on any polo. Not a priority for me. That said, I hate the Wilson bashing. Yup they make and have made some poor decisions. They also make some really good golf equipment. It seems so engrained to hate on Wilson that they could revolutionize the sport tomorrow and 90% of the golfers out there would turn up their nose to them. Imagine if Wilson had come out with the Truss putter or Slingshot irons , FTI driver…
No, they’re no longer a big player, but their irons and very underrated wedges are as good as anything out there. Their golf balls I bet are just as good as many of the DTC brands that are so popular now too?! Mizuno only recently got their woods game to a respected level in the last few years. Can’t recall much Mizuno bashing🤷‍♂️
Rant over;-)
I enjoyed this. I was right there with you for years. I gave up because i don't think Wilson does enough to help or market themselves. I hope they justify your well worded rant.
But Hell no, I would never buy that polo. They should be doing a dedicated golf line and footwear. They make great tennis shoes and apparel. It ain't that hard.

Last edited:
I'm a huge W/S homer, I freely admit that, but even I'm not paying $68 for what amounts to a nearly all plain white polo with a few accents.

Wilson? if it had Tom Hanks signature.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't pay $68 for any polo...there are plenty of sales and discount stores where you can get great polos at less than half the cost.

I wouldn't pay $68 for any polo...there are plenty of sales and discount stores where you can get great polos at less than half the cost.
This.

Rant over;-)
Actually, the Truss putter might have been right up their alley! :ROFLMAO: It would have been less of a surprise from them than it was from TaylorMade.

, but their irons and very underrated wedges are as good as anything out there. Their golf balls I bet are just as good as many
Rant over;-)

the wedges and irons indeed are underrated but I tend to think the balls fly even more under the radar; at least the lower compressions. I've tried every low compression soft ball out there and prefer the wilson's. I won't argue that they do some stuff that makes no sense.

but no, I get Polo golf shirts on close out for about $20

Actually, the Truss putter might have been right up their alley! :ROFLMAO: It would have been less of a surprise from them than it was from TaylorMade.
That’s the point, it wasn’t Wilson. Put another company logo on that polo and some would gladly fork over the cash🤷‍♂️🙄
Wilson is a brand just like any other. They are far from perfect, but that’s why it’s nice to have choices. I just don’t eliminate a brand because it’s developed what in my mind is an unfair reputation. My bag is made up of Cobra and Cleveland products. Some people think they are second tier manufacturers in their own right!? Just a bunch of nonsense elitism! Play what helps and forget about what others think!

Nope but then again, I wouldnt pay that much for any polo. Why when I could just go to Kohls and get a decent polo for like $30? Some of the Wilson bashing on thread is funny tough, apparently some folks need a history lesson. Id buy a Wilson polo before I bought a Callaway one; simply because its a retro brand with a great history.

Back