Would you play a different ball it feel was the only criteria?

DaveGolfer15

Reaction score
Handicap
8 (WHS)
I LOVE soft feeing golf balls. I play the Bridgestone Tour BXS and it’s a phenomenal golf ball. It’s not exactly a pebble (medium/soft feel I’d say) but I make peace with it not feeling as soft as I’d like because the performance is outstanding. Feel is important but I’d be a fool to compromise performance. If I were to choose a golf ball based PURELY on feel and nothing else I’d be gaming a Callaway Supersoft. Or maybe even some balatas if I could find a good source of new ones 🤣.

Would anyone else play a different ball if feel was the only consideration

Yes. If feel were the only consideration and I could actually tell the difference, yes, I'd game it. As long as I liked the color and it was in my budget.(y) I tend to play lower compression balls because my swing is slow. So I guess I tend to like squishy golf balls.

I tend to gravitate to anything with a Urathane cover and maybe a little on the softer side. The ball also has to sound good. Not a big fan of "click-y" sounds.

Softness is key for me, so I'm good with Bridgestone, Callaway, Titleist. Haven't explored outside those 3.

No. When it comes to feel, the most important club is the putter. I need to feel a fairly solid ball as I have a tendency to leave putts short. A soft ball just plays into that thought that I’m going to leave putts short. I like to feel a bit of pop off the putter face.

I don't think so. The only one that comes to mind that I would play is already my 'B' ball and gets used sometimes. It would probably move to A, but just because it feels marginally better on some wedge shots and one of my putters. I lean firm and on those the cover/mantle seem to matter more on that stuff. They're on a mission lately to make the high compression balls feel a little softer on those shots/strokes though, so I like the feel of a lot of the latest offerings.

I love softer balls and because I hate the feel of a harder, clicky ball, I'd absolutely gravitate toward soft.

And I have.

Play doesn't seem to be effected. I play similarly with the Z-Star as I do the XV, for example. Played both extensively last year, scores seemingly interchangeable. Just much prefer the softer feel.

This year I'm going with the 2021 Pro V1 over the X for the same reason.

Back