Would you rather win...?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Let's say you won a contest and you have a choice of your prize. BOTH choices are all expenses paid BUT there is a major difference...

Choice 1: Includes a full bag of awesome clubs at a fantastic golf course/resort that you receive upon arriving to the course and stay and play for the weekend

OR

Choice 2: A stay/play trip to Bandon Dunes for a couple days and you bring and play with your own clubs

What say you THP?

Let's say you won a contest and you have a choice of your prize. BOTH choices are all expenses paid BUT there is a major difference...

Choice 1: Includes a full bag of awesome clubs at a fantastic golf course/resort that you receive upon arriving to the course and stay and play for the weekend

OR

Choice 2: A stay/play trip to Bandon Dunes for a couple days and you bring and play with your own clubs

What say you THP?

What's the OEM?

Is it just me for the trip?

Is the Bandon Trip a weekend or longer?

Can Cabot Links/Cliffs be an option?

Choice 1 and then sell my old sticks to fund a Bandon trip down the road

In my current bag situation I would take the Bandon trip. If you asked me a year ago I probably would have went with option 1.

• Admin
What's the OEM?

Is it just me for the trip?

Is the Bandon Trip a weekend or longer?

Does the OEM matter?

I'd say you and a few buddies and plan on either trip being a weekend...so a few days.

Bandon Dunes all the way!!! I’d love the new sticks but Bandon is a bucket list trip that would mean much much in the long run.

Am I solo for both trips?

Bandon Hands down.

• Admin
  • Haha
Reactions: JB
Choice 1. I love new clubs.

Holy cow, I'm surprised how many people are choosing Bandon. I would take no. 1 ten times in a row. Bandon is a great destination, but every time someone is there it seems to be raining or really windy, or both!

Choice #1 ... I can always play Bandon Dunes at some later point

#1 for me.

Honestly you could put choice #1 at a local course I play all the time with the bag of clubs and some other THPers and I would still choose #1 haha... I <3 new gear

It's been my dream to get into one of the events with THP that offers a full new bag.

Holy cow, I'm surprised how many people are choosing Bandon. I would take no. 1 ten times in a row. Bandon is a great destination, but every time someone is there it seems to be raining or really windy, or both!
Isn't that part of the fun though? I mean you expect it when you go overseas I figure most would expect it going to Bandon.

Does the OEM matter?

I'd say you and a few buddies and plan on either trip being a weekend...so a few days.

Yes, if it's a bag full of Warrior or Strata clubs, it doesn't move the needle for me.

Geographically flying from New England to Oregon makes it more of a cost win for me vs say buddies golf weekend at Turningstone in NY.

End of the day if it's an all inclusive trip for me and 3 friends - non of that matters as it's going to be a blast playing with friends.

To answer your thread, will go with Bandon

Yes, if it's a bag full of Warrior or Strata clubs, it doesn't move the needle for me.

Geographically flying from New England to Oregon makes it more of a cost win for me vs say buddies golf weekend at Turningstone in NY.

End of the day if it's an all inclusive trip for me and 3 friends - non of that matters as it's going to be a blast playing with friends.

To answer your thread, will go with Bandon

Would you enter a contest to win a bag full of Warrior clubs? :ROFLMAO:

If Bandon includes the whole selection of courses then that is my decision!

OR

What say you THP?

Ummmmm ill take choice one all day. everyday.

#1 for me

Would you enter a contest to win a bag full of Warrior clubs? :ROFLMAO:

LOL of course not, but there are other "real" OEMs that don't do anything for me, I didn't want to mention them here and derail the thread.

If Cobra/Puma is the equipment OEM, then the location plays a big part in option 1 vs Option 2

It's a great question, from J, but and to add to the dialogue for it, it's not a clearcut option 1 or 2 for me

Having been lucky enough to get Choice 1 last year. I’ll say...

choice 1 hands down. ;)

Back