Would you rather win...?

I’d go with #1.

A fantastic course is still a fantastic course.

My situation is unique. I won #1 last year and I don’t want to replace the clubs. I live in Oregon and go to Bandon annually. I’ll go Option #3 - stay on the sidelines for this particular contest and enjoy seeing someone else win a great prize.

Option 1 for me

Probably choice 1 and then sell the clubs that they give me. I like the clubs that I have, so Id have no desire in keeping whatever they gave me.

In my current bag situation I would take the Bandon trip. If you asked me a year ago I probably would have went with option 1.
This is definitely me right now.

#1. If the new clubs include a pro fitting style, even better.

I think both options would have great golf and experience with THPers. But the new clubs/gear option also adds that unique aspect of the THP experiences...real product testing from the eyes of fellow hackers. That end user perspective is invaluable to those of us that frequent the site, but also for the OEM. I would feel that would be missed.

Now if this was a collection of hackers play Augusta...or another completely unattainable course. Then maybe I could see an appeal for option 2.

Upon first read, it was Choice 2 for me. Have been drooling over Bandon since I really got into golf about two years ago. Due to current situations in life (1st child, graduate program, and work) Bandon is not in the cards for me so someone willing to pay for me to play Bandon I'm all in.

Once I began thinking a bit more. I wouldn't enjoy playing Bandon by myself or without my foursome so I'm going to take door #1....even though I love my current setup!

Probably choice 1 and then sell the clubs that they give me. I like the clubs that I have, so Id have no desire in keeping whatever they gave me.
If you like the clubs you have why not choose choice 2 and play with your own clubs?

If you like the clubs you have why not choose choice 2 and play with your own clubs?
That's it for me right now...I'm constantly buying new clubs (much to my better half's chagrin) so I don't want/need new clubs. I like what I play, have been fully fitted for them and see absolutely no need for new clubs. I know that sounds like blasphemy here, but there isn't a thing I would change...at the moment. Living in Wisconsin we have some great resort courses close nearby (Sand Valley, Kohler, Lawsonia Links, Erin Hills, etc.) but I have wanted to get to Bandon for a while and that is going to mean more to me than new clubs that might not last 6 months.

Choice #1.

I had to look up Bandon Dunes. Beautiful course but... there are so many courses and regions closer to home I've yet to play, and they all look beautiful.

Plus, I get to look forward to all that special time getting acquainted with those new clubs.

I guess it would be because with choice 1 it doesnt force me into playing on Bandon Dunes. Bandon is fine, theres absolutely nothing wrong with it but I can think of a lot of other courses Id rathar play than Bandon.

Probably #1

Bandon for me, but mainly because I've already got a kickass bag of clubs.

Isn't that part of the fun though? I mean you expect it when you go overseas I figure most would expect it going to Bandon.
I guess I've been spoiled by Vegas golf, because I don't like playing in inclement weather.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Choice 1 and then sell my old sticks to fund a Bandon trip down the road
This man knows how to play the game. (y)

Choice #1 easily. Really because the only place I know that that particular scenario is realistic is right here at THP. Which means, not only do I get the clubs, but I make some new lifelong friends. You can never have enough friends in life (especially golf buddies). (y)

Definitely going 1. Really like my current clubs but there is always the search for something that performs better and have to take that shot for free.

This is close for me, I’d love to play Bandon , especially with a group of friends and some day that may happen. I think I’d go 1 because it’s a cool course and clubs and who doesn’t love new clubs?

#1 for me having been apart of one already it’s a blast getting new and shiny. I’m apparently different than most folks in that I don’t have a bucket list of courses I’ve got to play. So BD doesn’t do anything for me at all....

I guess it would be because with choice 1 it doesnt force me into playing on Bandon Dunes. Bandon is fine, theres absolutely nothing wrong with it but I can think of a lot of other courses Id rathar play than Bandon.

Which courses are those that would suggest Bandon is only “fine?”

#1 and it's not even close.

Which courses are those that would suggest Bandon is only “fine?”
Whistling Straits, Blackwolf Run, Winged Foot, Pebble Beach and Pinehurst are ones that come to mind.
Like I said, Bandon is fine but if we're talking bucket list courses, there's ones that are higher on my list. That's not to imply that Bandon isn't great, there's just other courses I'd rather play.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I like my clubs. I'll choose Bandon.

Either one would be sweet though!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Both are great prizes, but at this moment in time I would likely go with option #2

If I hadn't been fitted for new clubs less than 6 months ago I would likely have gone the other way, but I am more than happy with my current clubs and it would take something special to take them out of my bag just now

Let's say you won a contest and you have a choice of your prize. BOTH choices are all expenses paid BUT there is a major difference...

Choice 1: Includes a full bag of awesome clubs at a fantastic golf course/resort that you receive upon arriving to the course and stay and play for the weekend

I'd go with Choice 1

Bandon isn't on my radar....but neither is Ireland.

Back