Would you take a 30% raise to go clean shaven?

Would You Shave For A 30% Raise?

• Take The Money!

Votes: 103 92.0%
  • Keep the beard, no one likes a baby face.

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters

Dr. Double

Reaction score
Handicap
I guess this really only applies to people with beards, but here is the situation. I work in marketing, mostly on the digital side of things such as email, websites, Google, Facebook, that sort of stuff. Nothing about my job is customer-facing. I was offered a job with a 30% raise. It has almost all the same benefits, the only stipulation is that they have a no facial hair rule. What would you do?

I don't care for wearing a beard anyway, I find itchy. Show me the money.

sure...but I look marvelous with my lumberjack beard.

No.

Have had a beard for 5 years now and was planning to maintain it for the rest of my life. 30% is right at the threshold I would consider shaving for. However, if you can get that at one place, I'm sure you can find the same salary somewhere without an absurd rule like that,

Yes, in a heartbeat

I would shave it. Congrats on your offer!

Where's the razor?

I don't wear a beard. Sure, I'll take the raise and stay looking clean.

Heck yeah!!! That would pay for both my kid's college without straining our budget at all. I would do that in a heartbeat.

As someone with a beard I don't see how being clean shaven makes you more professional. But yes I would shave for a new job.

Quickly and without hesitation. I don't have a full beard but do have some facial hair.

I would ask if I had to shave right then? Or if I could do it at home.

30% is a lot of money. As long as the move made sense from a career perspective and I just wasn't chasing the cash, I would do it in a hearbeat.

My thoughts are:. What other stupid ideals regarding appearance do they have ?

What other **** will they want to control.....

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

That's a tough one. I've had a beard since I separated from the US navy 7 years ago so would be tough to shave everyday again lol. How bad do you want to deal with people face to face? hahahaha

Take the money and grow a beard when you retire.

1998 I left the USAF. I grew a beard for 6 months. I shaved that off into a goatee. I've had that for the next 22 years. The last time I trimmed it short I turned into a richard until it grew out. My kids have never seen me without a goatee. My wife has never seen me without a goatee.

30% raise? I'll tell people I quit smoking and I'm irritable.:LOL: Show me the money.?

I've had my beard and mustache for over 30 years, but I think I'd take the money.

Back