Would you take a 'Mystery Flight'?

The messages said there were hints about what to pack and the destination. Having said that, Nope. Not interested.

Nope! Hate to fly!

I'm not sure how it could be kept secret though since flight plans need to be filed. It might be a secret 3 months before the trip but I'm sure there are ways to find out at least the week of if not before on a major airline.

If a major carrier is operating, and they're going to a destination that they normally serve, it would be very easy to keep it quiet. Flight plans don't need to be filed until 30 mins or so prior to departure. There's charter flights operating in and out of online stations all the time, so the station would just see it as another charter.

Only if it was free and only if I could stay on the plane if I didn't like the destination and could come home.

If THP was hosting, I'm in.

Nope. I'm all set. I like to plan my trips and thinking about the "mystery" aspect gives me anxiety.

I'm not sure how it could be kept secret though since flight plans need to be filed. It might be a secret 3 months before the trip but I'm sure there are ways to find out at least the week of if not before on a major airline.

Maybe they fly VFR 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've always wanted to surprise my wife with that very thing! I'd love to pack her bags for where only I know I'm going, and then somehow keep her from seeing and hearing all the references to the destination until we get there.

My friend is married to a flight attendant, so they fly anywhere for free. They'll sometimes pack a bag and then head to the airport and just take the first destination that let's them fly standby -pretty cool!

Why not if the price was right? If it has an airport it’s gotta be more exciting than my normal life.

In a different time and in a different life yes.

My girlfriend is the type to hate this sort of thing so she wouldn’t be fun to go along with. I have a 2 year old now and so I could never actually do it.

however if I was still college age, with minimal responsibility, and the right person to go with I’d be 100% in. I love spontaneous adventures. Uncomfortable situations. I’ve always wanted to be on the amazing race. That’s essentially the same exact thing. Just not playing for money!

I bet if there was a golf’s version of this where you were guaranteed a certain level of course than everyone here would be all over it :LOL:

If I could bring clubs, I'm in

In my 20s or early 30s I'd do this in a heartbeat. Now, I really don't think I would.

Nope. I can think of a lot more places I wouldn't want to go than places I actually would want to go. My wife, on the other hand, would be on it in a heartbeat - she loves that kind of stuff.

I'm really not into travel just for the sake of travel. I can get excited about it if I'm going somewhere to do some specific cool thing that I really want to do, but not just to sightsee or say I've been there.

Ok. Thinking more. 2 things I’d be upset with.

1. If I drove 70 miles north to the airport and they dropped me off 140 miles south at the next destination.

2. Tehran. Seriously. I find out that’s where I’m going and I’m exiting the plane. I’d be even less thrilled with the Karachi arrangements.

No thank you.

But you let me pick 90% of the list, you could choose any of them. Of course I’m single so always up for an adventure. Never know what you may find?

How about a THP mystery event. No idea who was the sponsor, no idea where it was going. Just a date.

How about a THP mystery event. No idea who was the sponsor, no idea where it was going. Just a date.
All in on that. If it's a THP Event, you know it's gonna be good!

Am an airline pilot so a definite no. Been to enough cities and countries around the world and the majority I have no desire to visit again.

Well yes and no. Depending on some countries I would not step foot in them for a second. But I do like adventure. Guess if it was narrowed down to say safer countries why not

I don’t think so. It’s so hard to find time to travel these days and there are so many places I know I want to see that I wouldn’t want to leave it to chance.

Back