WTB - starter iron set in good condition

dillbert

Dillon PGH
Reaction score
Handicap
My buddy is just getting into golf and I’m looking to help him get a set of irons that won’t break the bank. He doesn’t wanna spend anything more than $400, but I think that first set of irons you get to get acclimated to the game mean the world to you.

I still have that mint new level 1126 forged with raijin stiff shafts for sale.. while I can't let em go for 400 if he increases his budget and interested let me know. 6-pw
20201127_162757.jpg
20201127_162700.jpg

I’ve got a set of Taylormade Tour burners I’d consider moving. They’ve been my only irons for around ten years until this year, so they have been used but the grips are relatively fresh and I don’t beat up my clubs (knowing that I tend to hold and keep). Shoot me a note if interested.

I have a set of Honma 737P irons. 5-PW. s300 shafts. $350 shipped
Check them out online, very similar to Mizuno MP54's. LMK. I also have a Mizuno ST200 driver head.
It was a demo head and has a small dent in the bottom. If you want the irons, I'll throw in the head.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Any starter complete set at Walmart or any golf shop will do. You will be able to get a complete *NEW* starter with current technology built into the set for beginners. OLD CLUBS HAVE A VERY SMALL SWEET-SPOT, AND IF YOU DON'T HIT IT THERE THE BALL WILL NOT GO STRAIGHT. A Men's set of "Nitro Blaster" $128.00 from Wal-mart will be Great. Good luck.

I got a set of Wilson D7s that are a great starter set and in decent condition that I would part with. Heck they are a good set for playing normally not just starter set. If you don't find what you are looking for let me know and I will send you the specs and come up with a price. I think they are SW to 5 iron (maybe 4 I have to check). I will let them go very reasonable.

I would try to find something with a nice headshape and plenty of forgiveness from 4 or 5 years ago. Some that come to mind are Apex CF16 or JPX 917 Hot Metals. Something like that.

Is your buddy left or right handed? I'm guessing right...

No matter the skill level, one of the best bang for your buck sets for any golfer is the Taylormade Burner 2.0 irons. Can be found for $200 or less at times and are very forgiving, easy to hit and if your new to golf can grow with them.

If you want the complete Starter set, Budget golf has a couple options, with the THP discount, it may be a viable option.

I can sell you a set of 2017 M4's from 4-PW with AW, SW, and LW (10 clubs total) for that price plus shipping. The lob wedge is the '16 model, but in pretty good shape and one of my favorite clubs. I'll even throw in 10 brand new green golf pride grips to go with them. If you're interested I'll get some pics tonight.

I have a set of maltby Sti2 irons that have only a few rounds on them. I have 4 iron to gap wedge and the sti2 3 and 4 hybrids. I’d let them go for like 200 bucks for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back