WWYO Trio tap house Hays, Ks

Coloradomrg

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Started with an Amber beer made locally.

IMG_2316.jpeg
IMG_2315.jpeg

I've only had the calamari and the brisket sandwich, but they were excellent. I don't make it up that way often anymore.

I've only had the calamari and the brisket sandwich, but they were excellent. I don't make it up that way often anymore.
Here for a college wrestling tournament. Wish the weather/temperature would have allowed a round today.

The soft pretzel to start
The Haus Brat

Trio NYO Buffalo Mac n Cheese.

Here for a college wrestling tournament. Wish the weather/temperature would have allowed a round today.
I lived in Russell as a kid. Spent a good amount of time in Hays and still have some friends in those parts. Weather has not been cooperating at all. Courses are probably a mess from all the snow and rain this week.

Fried mushrooms
Chicken fried steak sounds really good.

First course
IMG_2317.jpeg

My wifes good friend got married in Hays a few months back - went to this place before the wedding. Solid spot

Queso and let’s go the Trio Gilled Cheese.

Went with the “award winning” chicken fried steak and cream corn.
image.jpg

Local Amber sounds good
Beer Queso
Smoked Turkey Bacon Avocado
Key Lime Cheesecake

Local Amber sounds good
Beer Queso
Smoked Turkey Bacon Avocado
Key Lime Cheesecake
I can’t make up my mind on the cheesecake… key lime or bananas foster. The bananas foster gets great reviews on yelp.

I can’t make up my mind on the cheesecake… key lime or bananas foster. The bananas foster gets great reviews on yelp.
They both sound good but I’m a sucker for citrus with cheesecake

Tonight I'm feeling Fried Calamari and Atlantic Salmon.

Went with the “award winning” chicken fried steak and cream corn.
Not the best I have ever had, but very good. Mashed taters were too boring.

Wife says key lime cheesecake next. Since she couldn’t be here, I’ll have to oblige 😂

IMG_2319.jpeg

Trio turtle cheesecake

Great meal! I’ll come back next year for sure.

Fried mushrooms
Haus Brat w/ sauteed asparagus side.
Bananas Foster

I don't really know anything about Hays except for hearing the name a couple of times. I was driving out to the Denver area with a friend who had moved out there. This was after the holidays quite a few years ago. We stayed overnight in St. Louis while a blizzard whistled through Kansas. Luckily, the next day they were opening sections of the interstate just before we got to them, until the radio announced that all traffic might have to exit the highway at Hays. My friend began beating on the steering wheel yelling, "NO! Not stuck in Hays again! Not stuck in Hays again!!" Apparently the only part of Hays he got to see was a truck stop near the interstate.

Fried mushrooms
Haus Brat w/ sauteed asparagus side.
Bananas Foster

I don't really know anything about Hays except for hearing the name a couple of times. I was driving out to the Denver area with a friend who had moved out there. This was after the holidays quite a few years ago. We stayed overnight in St. Louis while a blizzard whistled through Kansas. Luckily, the next day they were opening sections of the interstate just before we got to them, until the radio announced that all traffic might have to exit the highway at Hays. My friend began beating on the steering wheel yelling, "NO! Not stuck in Hays again! Not stuck in Hays again!!" Apparently the only part of Hays he got to see was a truck stop near the interstate.
None of the stuff right next to the interstate is great… thankfully they seem to be updating/building new hotels.

That’s what I would have gone with
The steak and corn were good, even above average. The below average mashed taters messed it up a little but I know for next time 👍

The steak and corn were good, even above average. The below average mashed taters messed it up a little but I know for next time 👍
That’s too bad about the taters; it shouldn’t be hard to make even basic good ones

Back