Xcaliber Golf Shafts: What is your take?

I bought a driver many years ago with an AXE 6 shaft. I found it to be extremely accurate compared to the RIP Phenom I also had for that driver. Nice feel too. Not too firm not too boardy with a nice launch.

A few years later the newer version came out and it was tough to find and tough to get info on. At one point I had an email chain going with Robin A then any response faded. Understand he was having health issues so I get it.

Another comment was a buddy of mine had the Fairway SL shaft in A flex. And had them cpm’d and both came out between stiff to X flex. So that was a bit odd.

If I had one gripe is their color scheme. Just not a fan of red/wine.

Have not had the chance to test the Xcaliber shafts but it was all over the other golf forum from the start.
The golf industry in China has not taken off simply because of the Government deemed the sport a symbol of corruption, all of their "party members" are forbidden from playing the sports. However, they are still the largest single source for producing the golf equipment /component. We know they can copy well and learn from the existing models to invent new.

At least until a few years ago, one can walk in and discuss the choices for a "branded" golf shaft. The software they have stored all types of shaft profiles and the matching material, manufacturing process....... basically, pick the profile you want and the volume , then you'll be given the price based on volume and quality of material/ processing method.......
There will be a charge for for the test batch and a minimum ordering requirement...... not an average Joe wants to spend for experiment. But I assume anyone could get a branded shaft if one has the financial means. They will even assist in designing the golf shaft for you on their software if you know what you want, for a fee ,or based on a minimum ordering volume.

Xcaliber has the reputation for quality products. OEM have the volume....... If the Xcaliber is unique and different ( in a positive way ), it'll catch the golfer's attention.
Frankly, I had not had the chance to test one of their shaft because I didn't see any unique break through in the design and the performance and the price point was at a level which had many competition.

They have some of best looking iron shafts around especially their exposed graphite weave

Have not had the chance to test the Xcaliber shafts but it was all over the other golf forum from the start.
The golf industry in China has not taken off simply because of the Government deemed the sport a symbol of corruption, all of their "party members" are forbidden from playing the sports. However, they are still the largest single source for producing the golf equipment /component. We know they can copy well and learn from the existing models to invent new.

At least until a few years ago, one can walk in and discuss the choices for a "branded" golf shaft. The software they have stored all types of shaft profiles and the matching material, manufacturing process....... basically, pick the profile you want and the volume , then you'll be given the price based on volume and quality of material/ processing method.......
There will be a charge for for the test batch and a minimum ordering requirement...... not an average Joe wants to spend for experiment. But I assume anyone could get a branded shaft if one has the financial means. They will even assist in designing the golf shaft for you on their software if you know what you want, for a fee ,or based on a minimum ordering volume.

Xcaliber has the reputation for quality products. OEM have the volume....... If the Xcaliber is unique and different ( in a positive way ), it'll catch the golfer's attention.
Frankly, I had not had the chance to test one of their shaft because I didn't see any unique break through in the design and the performance and the price point was at a level which had many competition.
From your post I have to assume you believe Robin Arthur walked into a chinese shaft factory. Then he said... hey roll me up some shafts so I can throw a label on them?
Robin Arthur has had a very long career in the shaft industry and his designs... not a cataloged bend profile... has set the industry standard for quite a few years. His designs have won over 100 PGA tour events. He was responsible for the lightweight driver shaft revolution. Robin may be a lot of things but he is not some pop up vendor who is producing someone else's rehashed designs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I haven't tested, or even seen an Xcaliber shaft in person. I'm definitely curious though!

From your post I have to assume you believe Robin Arthur walked into a chinese shaft factory. Then he said... hey roll me up some shafts so I can throw a label on them?
Robin Arthur has had a very long career in the shaft industry and his designs... not a cataloged bend profile... has set the industry standard for quite a few years. His designs have won over 100 PGA tour events. He was responsible for the lightweight driver shaft revolution. Robin may be a lot of things but he is not some pop up vendor who is producing someone else's rehashed designs.

I truly does not know the inside story, and I just

Truly, I did not have the inside story of what's going on with the Xcaliber, what I stated is the fact of what's going on , including many of the large label.
The designing and the manufacturing of the golf shafts are pretty much automated. Even the designer don;t need to get the software to do the footwork. Either detail of what they want ion a shaft or can go over to the site and work on their equipment with the engineers whom will make them.
If I offended your feelings to defend the Xcaliber, my apology. There was no finger pointing.
The biggest difference is the material used in the manufacturing and the process of making the shaft. Light weight shaft . Better material afford the lighter overall weight for the similar strength and profile, hand rolled and inspected is more cost ly than automated process.
If a shaft that's head and shoulders above the competition and not price up to the moon then, it'll sell like hot cake, wouldn't it ?

I truly does not know the inside story, and I just

Truly, I did not have the inside story of what's going on with the Xcaliber, what I stated is the fact of what's going on , including many of the large label.
The designing and the manufacturing of the golf shafts are pretty much automated. Even the designer don;t need to get the software to do the footwork. Either detail of what they want ion a shaft or can go over to the site and work on their equipment with the engineers whom will make them.
If I offended your feelings to defend the Xcaliber, my apology. There was no finger pointing.
The biggest difference is the material used in the manufacturing and the process of making the shaft. Light weight shaft . Better material afford the lighter overall weight for the similar strength and profile, hand rolled and inspected is more cost ly than automated process.
If a shaft that's head and shoulders above the competition and not price up to the moon then, it'll sell like hot cake, wouldn't it ?

Still can’t figure out what your last two posts have to do with Xcalibur shafts ????

Never seen or heard of these guys.
It's a heavily saturated market IMO so they need to have a story beyond the usual "Low launch, stable, great feel" to even make a dent IMO.

I already enjoy 3 brands for shafts, and they make shafts all the way across the spectrum. Any new brand would need to give a damn good reason to leave the comfort zone.

I’ve enjoyed this thread, all.

I’m actually working on an article about a lot of what Xcaliber has to offer and more than that wanted to get into some of the perception with it as well. Should be a very cool piece when I get it tied together.

For those totally unfamiliar with the brand I encourage you to read the reviews on the homepage that the writing staff did, in every case they legitimately surprised and did what they claimed.

Im very curious to see if they can get their foot into some of the fitting places because to me if they do and are given a fair look, it could give a very price friendly option in a place otherwise absent of those.

when I went in for my fitting, I know that CC was promoting them fairly well.

I’ve enjoyed this thread, all.

I’m actually working on an article about a lot of what Xcaliber has to offer and more than that wanted to get into some of the perception with it as well. Should be a very cool piece when I get it tied together.

For those totally unfamiliar with the brand I encourage you to read the reviews on the homepage that the writing staff did, in every case they legitimately surprised and did what they claimed.

Im very curious to see if they can get their foot into some of the fitting places because to me if they do and are given a fair look, it could give a very price friendly option in a place otherwise absent of those.
In you last line that is a very good point. The perception that a shaft has to cost 3 or 400 to be good seems to rule the fitting bays. Xcaliber has quite a few options for less the 100 and have proven to be top performers. We just have to see consistency with the management. The products speak for themselves in volumes.
Plus they have some products in the wings that are truly different and will cause a lot of ripples.

In you last line that is a very good point. The perception that a shaft has to cost 3 or 400 to be good seems to rule the fitting bays. Xcaliber has quite a few options for less the 100 and have proven to be top performers. We just have to see consistency with the management. The products speak for themselves in volumes.
Plus they have some products in the wings that are truly different and will cause a lot of ripples.

Share???

Maybe I can next week. I'm going to do some head to head testing with a DG Tour 105 S300 vs Xcaliber Tour X 85 S vs Paderson TS-1 S vs Xcaliber Prototype iron shaft. All in a PTM 6 iron head. I'll have spin rate, distance, height and dispersion. I hope to have at least three different golfers. The DG will give me a lightweight iron shaft baseline. Should be very interesting.

Maybe I can next week. I'm going to do some head to head testing with a DG Tour 105 S300 vs Xcaliber Tour X 85 S vs Paderson TS-1 S vs Xcaliber Prototype iron shaft. All in a PTM 6 iron head. I'll have spin rate, distance, height and dispersion. I hope to have at least three different golfers. The DG will give me a lightweight iron shaft baseline. Should be very interesting.

So glad I dragged you into this thread. Real world knowledge of an under appreciated product is always a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have noticed them for a long time, for lack of a better way of saying it I have always felt they were the target brand instead of the designer brand. Second shelf I guess.

Love the looks of the Pro X iron shaft !

Love the looks of the Pro X iron shaft !
Just made this 6 iron up for the test and pictures dont don't do it justice. The visible metal weave with the rest black is very cool. Steel shaft just doesnt have as much character

f53aa96c031f932e2a1586e507d8b0ff.jpg
c7d6da1a3b9a95c3f98665136ce8986a.jpg

Just made this 6 iron up for the test and pictures dont don't do it justice. The visible metal weave with the rest black is very cool. Steel shaft just doesnt have as much character

f53aa96c031f932e2a1586e507d8b0ff.jpg
c7d6da1a3b9a95c3f98665136ce8986a.jpg

Excellent photos of the shaft looking down. Again one of the best looking iron shafts out there. Thanks!

Had very limited sim time tonight and was kind of rushed but the PRO x did great but the prototype out did it. I was getting some crazy ball speed out of it. Plus it was the most consistent in being offline.
8415f47385f5f77c004c4045a357f270.jpg

Dg Tour 105 S300 was on the top. The Pro X was in the middle and the prototype was on the bottom. I realized I only had three swings recorded on the prototype so I hit one more quick one before I got thrown off and it wasn't a very good one.

I need to make a thread for these.

What was the prototype?

What was the prototype?
It's an Xcaliber. All new design. Quite unique. Cant reveal details yet.

Same kind of weave as the X

No all new design, no metal weave in this one. I can say it has great feel, plus it really loads and releases unlike anything I have hit. I need to get a much larger sample.

Back