Review XCaliber Rapid Taper Iron Shaft Review

Popeye : on June 18-19. You said “ I know some people questioned my reporting on these shafts etc”. That was me. But I never questioned your ability to report on this product ( good or bad) what wS questioned is if someone is associated with the company making the product ,can they be trusted to objectively report on it. The product may be great and be the greatest of all time , but. I for one cannot trust someone associated with that company to tell me how great it is. ( others not associated with company. Whole different story ) It’s pure ethics. I hope you understand where I’m coming from on this issue .) It sounds to me based on what the reviewer is saying that this could be a great product once it hits the market place We will see

Popeye : on June 18-19. You said “ I know some people questioned my reporting on these shafts etc”. That was me. But I never questioned your ability to report on this product ( good or bad) what wS questioned is if someone is associated with the company making the product ,can they be trusted to objectively report on it. The product may be great and be the greatest of all time , but. I for one cannot trust someone associated with that company to tell me how great it is. ( others not associated with company. Whole different story ) It’s pure ethics. I hope you understand where I’m coming from on this issue .) It sounds to me based on what the reviewer is saying that this could be a great product once it hits the market place We will see
I tell you what. Send me your address and ill send you a shaft to try out. Then you tell me what you discover for yourself.
Not once have I heard someone not back up what I have posted. So send me your address and what shaft you normally play in your iron. Heck I'll even send you a made up club.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I tell you what. Send me your address and ill send you a shaft to try out. Then you tell me what you discover for yourself.
Not once have I heard someone not back up what I have posted. So send me your address and what shaft you normally play in your iron. Heck I'll even send you a made up club.

Now that is confidence in a product! These are still quietly occupying a space in my brain and I ponder them often.

Hi, “reviewer” here.

They’re very good, and a forum testing is about to begin that I’m more than willing to bet will back up all of my findings and feedback.

That is awesome. 👏

Oh and I don’t believe you either 😂

To j man: Popeye Keeps missing what I’m saying. The product may be great. Let’s say the greatest !! Yet , should someone associated with that company ( as you stated earlier in comments ) be giving there input? The question for you does hackers paradise have a editorial policy regarding this? That says in effect “ this person works for this company or does business with this company?” Then you show his comments .

To j man: Popeye Keeps missing what I’m saying. The product may be great. Let’s say the greatest !! Yet , should someone associated with that company ( as you stated earlier in comments ) be giving there input? The question for you does hackers paradise have a editorial policy regarding this? That says in effect “ this person works for this company or does business with this company?” Then you show his comments .
Later next week I'm gonna start a thread using Maltby heads and multiple weighted shafts. I'll discussed how this effects swing weight and playability... I'll make sure to copy you in.

Later next week I'm gonna start a thread using Maltby heads and multiple weighted shafts. I'll discussed how this effects swing weight and playability... I'll make sure to copy you in.

If you come across a 105 demo in stiff remember me, I would love to review it in a 7 or 8 iron length. But even a wedge would be fun to try. Don't care about the color, etc. and I do my own work so easy to change about.

I might go see my buddy, he had a taper wedge shaft that he said was years old. I think I posted a pic of it a while back. would that be basically the same as the new ones or is the new design different?

If you come across a 105 demo in stiff remember me, I would love to review it in a 7 or 8 iron length. But even a wedge would be fun to try. Don't care about the color, etc. and I do my own work so easy to change about.

I might go see my buddy, he had a taper wedge shaft that he said was years old. I think I posted a pic of it a while back. would that be basically the same as the new ones or is the new design different?
The taper wedge is only 36" long but its 100 g. So you can't make anything more than a wedge with those. But its basically the same design. The 75 and the 95 are getting closer by the day. Mid August for those. Then we go with the 85 and the 105. 105 would be stiff only. 85 probably S and R.
You've been a long time xcaliber supporter so we will work something out.

The taper wedge is only 36" long but its 100 g. So you can't make anything more than a wedge with those. But its basically the same design. The 75 and the 95 are getting closer by the day. Mid August for those. Then we go with the 85 and the 105. 105 would be stiff only. 85 probably S and R.
You've been a long time xcaliber supporter so we will work something out.

I have fully expect to pay for the shaft and shipping, I would guess stiff would be the best in the long run.

I have fully expect to pay for the shaft and shipping, I would guess stiff would be the best in the long run.
It won't be for a while Jim.

It won't be for a while Jim.

No Problem buddy, I got time and shafts to try.....buying a game is a long term commitment.o_O

Chalk this one up as a failed "Experiment"
In doing the multi weight build out I was using 3 RTi 75 s shafts for a 4-6 iron. So I needed to steal a shaft from my 2 h. Like an idiot I trimmed the 2 h shaft 2" instead of the 1"... didn't realize it till I started assembly. The 2 h shaft was pretty long so I wasn't too far off in total length. About a 1/4" short.
I figured what the heck ill try it in the 5 iron and see what happens...
Good lord it hated it. I started with the 6 and it went great, just as I expected. Picked up the 5 and hit a few clankers,, hosel rockets, thins and a few good shots mixed in. Grabbed the 4 iron and it was bliss again. Launched like a missile.
Went back to the 5 and would get a decent shot about every third shot. So I believe this would work out to be hard stepped twice.... Kind of like twice ruined.
First RT shafted club that was a disaster

Chalk this one up as a failed "Experiment"
In doing the multi weight build out I was using 3 RTi 75 s shafts for a 4-6 iron. So I needed to steal a shaft from my 2 h. Like an idiot I trimmed the 2 h shaft 2" instead of the 1"... didn't realize it till I started assembly. The 2 h shaft was pretty long so I wasn't too far off in total length. About a 1/4" short.
I figured what the heck ill try it in the 5 iron and see what happens...
Good lord it hated it. I started with the 6 and it went great, just as I expected. Picked up the 5 and hit a few clankers,, hosel rockets, thins and a few good shots mixed in. Grabbed the 4 iron and it was bliss again. Launched like a missile.
Went back to the 5 and would get a decent shot about every third shot. So I believe this would work out to be hard stepped twice.... Kind of like twice ruined.
First RT shafted club that was a disaster

?

So to be fair, the shaft was not tipped properly or you could still be batting 1000 :)................

?

So to be fair, the shaft was not tipped properly or you could still be batting 1000 :)................
You got it. Still i was surprised at how how temperamental the club was.

I know some THPers have these now and looking forward to their thoughts.

These are ready for install!
6b74413da70cebd7d6e8c4afef3f0a04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Now the epoxy is drying! We are getting close

Attachments

• 15944172294495050609644487065031.jpg
    15944172294495050609644487065031.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 11
Out for the 1st round with the Xcaliber shafts.
Review coming later

I already know what you’re about to experience, get ready for a surprise.

Interesting to say the least.

Holy high flight Batman! Initial launch is amazing.
89659e468244f084488776c105802f02.jpg
a35a85c81d22ad55e457d56075ecfa10.jpg

Interesting to say the least.

Holy high flight Batman! Initial launch is amazing.
89659e468244f084488776c105802f02.jpg
a35a85c81d22ad55e457d56075ecfa10.jpg

The harder you swing, the more they hold up as well.

Back