Xcaliber Xclusiv Shafts - Mystic Series

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
If you have been around here, you know the name Robin Arthur, or more exactly you have probably heard of his current shaft endeavor, Xcaliber Golf.

In the past year we have seen a rebalancing and restructuring of the company, as there have at times been some up and downs in previous years. That said, according to the company 2019 was a very good year for them and naturally they want to build on that in 2020.

As such, we are seeing not just the introduction of three different shaft lines (which will each have a thread going up today on them) but also a focus on quality control that Robin and his company believe is unmatched at any level in the industry. With multiple layers of checks, stiffness/longitudinal testing, flow, and then even more checks, they make a pretty solid case for that being plausible.

This is the Xcaliber Xclusiv collection of graphite shaft designs.

Xclusiv means just what you think, these will be fitter and fitting center focused shaft designs where the prices are not going to be released publicly, translation, availability will be through fitters only. To my knowledge the rest of the Xcaliber lineup will stay available through all current outlets, so those options are still there, and if you have read any of our homepage articles on them, they may be the best bang for the buck out there.

Xclusiv though introduces a mindset shift for Xcaliber, and they truly have a level of excitement that we have not seen them have about the performance of the new shafts, and when I say excited, I absolutely mean it. Robin never shies away from his belief in his designs, but this is a whole different level.

Now, a rundown of the new offerings, of which THP will have in-hand this week, and rest assured threads will be updated with HQ photos and subsequent testing feedback.

xcaliber_xlusiv_collage-M.jpg

Xcaliber Mystic Series

Woods:

Mystic 4 – 44g – L, A, R, S – Mid-High Launch – 4.9 Torque – Up to 100 MPH

Mystic 5 – 55g – A, R, S – Mid Launch – 4.5 Torque – Up to 105 MPH

Mystic 6 – 62g – A, R, S - Mid-High Launch – 3.5 Torque – Up to 105 MPH

Mystic 6L – 65g – A, R, S - Mid Launch – 3.2 Torque – Up to 105 MPH

Irons:

Mystic I5 – 55g – L, A – High Launch – 2.9 Torque – Up to 90 MPH

Mystic I6 – 65g – A, R – Mid-High Launch – 3.0 Torque - Up to 95 MPH

Mystic I7 – 75g – A, R, S – Mid Launch – 3.5 Torque – Up to 100 MPH

Mystic I7 – 85g – A, R, S – Mid Launch – 4.1 Torque – Up to 105 MPH

The Mystic lineup is what Xcaliber is calling the “Camelot” shaft of the Xclusiv lineup, in other words, a design for the masses. With wood shafts ranging from 44g to 65g and iron shafts from 55g to 85g, this is a lineup based on the prior SL lineup with some modifications to improve playability and consistency. The shafts are going to feature a blue translucent upper flowing into a gun-metal grey lower finish applied via ion plating with the iron shafts also being all ion-plated, no doubt a significant step up in finish quality.

Based off the SL lineup? I can dig that, I did surprisingly well with that 45 gram shaft back when it was reviewed. These ones seem to have a bit less torque than those ones did. I like that the iron shafts are all ion-plated. I bet that will give them a more premium style to them.

• Staff
Based off the SL lineup? I can dig that, I did surprisingly well with that 45 gram shaft back when it was reviewed. These ones seem to have a bit less torque than those ones did. I like that the iron shafts are all ion-plated. I bet that will give them a more premium style to them.
Yeah, the SL performed shockingly well overall, as good as a lot of things out there.

• Staff
Bump.

• Staff
No intrigue here for anyone?

The Xcaliber shafts I've used in the past were really solid and I'm totally interested in new offerings. They were possibly the best value in shafts.

They look awesome! Wanna know more!,

Mystic 5 and 6 intrigue me

I am thinking of ordering two more XCaliber shafts to round out the set I got tapped for. I am in California next week with my clubs and I am excited to get to play my XCaliber shafted 545s in nice weather for the first time. Based on what I have felt so far I think these shafts should be interesting.

I find it surprising that the torque is lower on the lighter iron shafts. Usually it is the other way around. Is there a reason for that?

The Xcaliber shafts I've used in the past were really solid and I'm totally interested in new offerings. They were possibly the best value in shafts.
With them not releasing prices on these except through fitters, I’m betting we see these come in at a higher price point than the other options under Xcaliber.

With them not releasing prices on these except through fitters, I’m betting we see these come in at a higher price point than the other options under Xcaliber.
Yeah, I assumed as much. It will be interesting to see how they are received when they step into the more premium market. I'm paying attention for sure.

Yeah, I assumed as much. It will be interesting to see how they are received when they step into the more premium market. I'm paying attention for sure.
Im curious as well, especially curious what fitting centers they end up in.

Im curious as well, especially curious what fitting centers they end up in.
I didn't even consider which fitting centers will handle them.

I didn't even consider which fitting centers will handle them.
I’m curious. If it’s places like Club Champion and the likes, that’s a potentially very big deal.

I’m curious. If it’s places like Club Champion and the likes, that’s a potentially very big deal.
If Club Champion or similar takes them on, it would mean a new level of "legitimacy" to the brand. Exciting times and a lot riding for Xcaliber.

I believe places like Club champion you have to supply them with shafts and wait for the sales. Which would give a pretty good profit margin for CC as the shafts are really underpriced compared to the competition. So the initial outlay of shafts would be staggering. But it takes money to make money.
I have done a lot of head to heads with other shafts with matching heads. These go toe to toe with any shaft out there. He has a shaft for just about everyone. From ultra lightweights to the super high swing speeds. He just doesnt have a heavy weight option but I've see players with 120 mph swings do exceptionally well with his T6☆ line.
Case in point a T6☆ TS vs a Graphite Design AD DI 6X were near identical numbers tested on an M5 head.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I believe places like Club champion you have to supply them with shafts and wait for the sales. Which would give a pretty good profit margin for CC as the shafts are really underpriced compared to the competition. So the initial outlay of shafts would be staggering. But it takes money to make money.
I have done a lot of head to heads with other shafts with matching heads. These go toe to toe with any shaft out there. He has a shaft for just about everyone. From ultra lightweights to the super high swing speeds. He just doesnt have a heavy weight option but I've see players with 120 mph swings do exceptionally well with his T6☆ line.
Case in point a T6☆ TS vs a Graphite Design AD DI 6X were near identical numbers tested on an M5 head.

The point of it was more than just about CC though, I just used that as an example. Small fitters across the us to an amazing job (Ball Golf is one in my part of the world that’s superb) but if Robin and Co could get these into some of the major fitting networks across the country, it would be a huge boon.

The point of it was more than just about CC though, I just used that as an example. Small fitters across the us to an amazing job (Ball Golf is one in my part of the world that’s superb) but if Robin and Co could get these into some of the major fitting networks across the country, it would be a huge boon.
Well that is certainly his game plan. The shafts should speak for themselves. It's just re-establishing the networks.

Mystic 4-S in the house, and I'm super curious.

Not to mention, as I said in the Avalon thread, the looks on these are as high quality as anything out there, yes, even the Hulk with its 2 tone paint. These are freaking sick in hand.

Better pics to come, but I wanted some outdoor ones tonight for you all, the blue is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

DSC01268-XL.jpg

DSC01269-XL.jpg

DSC01270-XL.jpg

DSC01271-XL.jpg

DSC01272-XL.jpg

DSC01274-XL.jpg

Man that Blue just Pops. intrigued with these.

Man that Blue just Pops. intrigued with these.
It’s seriously impressive. One of my only knocks on the previous shafts we reviewed here from Xcaliber was their graphics were just, bland. The aesthetic here though is truly amazing.

That blue is awesome!

As for guys asking about pricing. I will be able to sell the Xclusve line and pricing is not that big of a jump from the standard shafts. There is more time involved in the quality control process. Plus the new coatings cost more to apply. They are better shafts with tweaked profiles and brilliant finishes. But they are still WAY BELOW high end shafts.

Mystic 4-S in the house, and I'm super curious.

Not to mention, as I said in the Avalon thread, the looks on these are as high quality as anything out there, yes, even the Hulk with its 2 tone paint. These are freaking sick in hand.

Better pics to come, but I wanted some outdoor ones tonight for you all, the blue is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

DSC01268-XL.jpg

DSC01269-XL.jpg

DSC01270-XL.jpg

DSC01271-XL.jpg

DSC01272-XL.jpg

DSC01274-XL.jpg

Looks nice. What is the bend profile of that shaft?

Here is an over view of the shafts.
3c72af72e1e26d27bb132d3f00fa3d5e.jpg
6dcc60bdd03bb4ee59750b8cd5b57434.jpg

Back