Xcaliber Xclusiv Shafts - Rapid Taper Series

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
If you have been around here, you know the name Robin Arthur, or more exactly you have probably heard of his current shaft endeavor, Xcaliber Golf.

In the past year we have seen a rebalancing and restructuring of the company, as there have at times been some up and downs in previous years. That said, according to the company 2019 was a very good year for them and naturally they want to build on that in 2020.

As such, we are seeing not just the introduction of three different shaft lines (which will each have a thread going up today on them) but also a focus on quality control that Robin and his company believe is unmatched at any level in the industry. With multiple layers of checks, stiffness/longitudinal testing, flow, and then even more checks, they make a pretty solid case for that being plausible.

This is the Xcaliber Xclusiv collection of graphite shaft designs.

Xclusiv means just what you think, these will be fitter and fitting center focused shaft designs where the prices are not going to be released publicly, translation, availability will be through fitters only. To my knowledge the rest of the Xcaliber lineup will stay available through all current outlets, so those options are still there, and if you have read any of our homepage articles on them, they may be the best bang for the buck out there.

Xclusiv though introduces a mindset shift for Xcaliber, and they truly have a level of excitement that we have not seen them have about the performance of the new shafts, and when I say excited, I absolutely mean it. Robin never shies away from his belief in his designs, but this is a whole different level.

Now, a rundown of the new offerings, of which THP will have in-hand this week, and rest assured threads will be updated with HQ photos and subsequent testing feedback.

RTapid%20Tapers%20vs%20a%20Standard%20Tapering%20Shaft-M.jpg

Xcaliber Xclusiv Rapid Taper Series

Woods:

RT Woods – 67g – L, A, R, S – Mid-High Launch – 3.9 Torque – Up to 120 MPH

Irons:

RT Irons – 75g – L, A, R, S – Mid-High Launch – 2.9 Torque – Up to 120 MPH

As excited as Robin and the crew are about the rest of the Xclusiv lineup, THIS is the one that has them over the moon excited, and early internal testing returns for them have only amplified that. Be warned though, these are outside the box to a massive degree. With legitimately over 3 years of R&D into them and Robin Arthur even having patents on them, these are crazy to look at based on the pic angles we have, and I’m eager to get them in hand to see just how wild they really are.

Frankly, we don’t have a ton of info on these just yet beyond the fact that they’re being offered as a mid-high launching shaft built for swing speeds all across the spectrum up to 120 MPH with flexes from Ladies to Stiff. Given the weight and flex profiles, there is something going on here that I am eager to discover more about. It may look reminiscent at first glance of the old Bubble shaft, but Robin is adamant this is nothing like that, his words are that this is no gimmick and is a potentially an industry changing design.

OK yes, these are pretty wild looking. I'm dying to see what kind of performance benefits this design is going to provide.

One of the most unique shafts I have seen to date and Robin was super excited about them.

• Staff
Yeah, I think this one is pretty wild on appearance, and I'm eager to get some more info on it.

Especially curious as to what is going on here that they place it up to 120 MPH and the highest flex is S.

when would someone know they would be better served with a rapid taper shaft like this over a regular shaft like the Avalon mentioned in the other thread?

• Staff
when would someone know they would be better served with a rapid taper shaft like this over a regular shaft like the Avalon mentioned in the other thread?
Great question, and one we are going to effort an answer for, initial release info is limited, but we will have them in hand this week.

• Staff
More eyes bump FTW.

That bottom shaft looks like it would break mid swing. I know looks can be deceiving!

Yeah, I think this one is pretty wild on appearance, and I'm eager to get some more info on it.

Especially curious as to what is going on here that they place it up to 120 MPH and the highest flex is S.
That last part for sure. That's higher than basically every other shaft out there for stiff.

Whoa super interesting. I've always enjoyed having a chat with Robin when I had a question.

Whoa, those are wild looking

I'm totally intrigued by these. They will have to be breakthrough performers if they are to be embraced by anyone but tech geeks like me.

I'm totally intrigued by these. They will have to be breakthrough performers if they are to be embraced by anyone but tech geeks like me.
I agree, the look based on the small pics we have so far is just WAY different than what we have seen before.

I’m interested to hear more

I have been hitting these in prototype form for quite a while. The version being brought out has such a unique feel to it.
It loads and releases in a way that is not like anything I have ever played. It launches high without excessive spin and are really long.
Previously I was unable to share my experiences with these as they were still a ways off. I truly cant wait for these to be released so I can have a full set.
The weird thing about these is when I have other players hit them across a broad spectrum... they all loved them. Slower swings or pro level swings they all swung the same club and it just works.
Cant wait for this release.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have been hitting these in prototype form for quite a while. The version being brought out has such a unique feel to it.
It loads and releases in a way that is not like anything I have ever played. It launches high without excessive spin and are really long.
Previously I was unable to share my experiences with these as they were still a ways off. I truly cant wait for these to be released so I can have a full set.
The weird thing about these is when I have other players hit them across a broad spectrum... they all loved them. Slower swings or pro level swings they all swung the same club and it just works.
Cant wait for this release.

I was hoping you’d pop by the new threads and post some thoughts.

There is a lot going on here for sure, and I’m eager to get them in hand to start to do some work.

I have watched a pro with a 120+ mph launch 6 iron after 6 iron down range. He turned to me and said.. Hey, he really has something here.

@Popeye how did the shaft look on a launch monitor compared to a different regular type of shaft? Any idea?

@Popeye how did the shaft look on a launch monitor compared to a different regular type of shaft? Any idea?
I did a four shaft shootout and they were longer and had better dispersion than the other three. It was a Dynamic Gold 105, Paderson TS1, Xcaliber Tour X and the RT. They all had matching PTM 6 iron heads. But it really shined on course out of real turf.

I did a four shaft shootout and they were longer and had better dispersion than the other three. It was a Dynamic Gold 105, Paderson TS1, Xcaliber Tour X and the RT. They all had matching PTM 6 iron heads. But it really shined on course out of real turf.

Well now I'm hoping we are getting a set of the iron shafts in.

Man, now I'm wanting to know even more!

Industry changing huh? Hmmmmm :unsure:

Industry changing huh? Hmmmmm :unsure:
Bold comments, but, I like bold, mainly because performance won't lie, it'll confirm or refute.

Back