Xcaliber Xclusiv Shafts - Rapid Taper Series

A little late to the party but happy to see these out for testing. Saw these at the PGA show and definitely one of the more unique designs I have ever seen. Some of the color combo's we saw were really good looking also. Looking forward to your thoughts @Jman

A little late to the party but happy to see these out for testing. Saw these at the PGA show and definitely one of the more unique designs I have ever seen. Some of the color combo's we saw were really good looking also. Looking forward to your thoughts @Jman
It’s wild, I’m eager to get it installed now. Though I’ve got something pretty fun on the way to put it aaaaaand the other iron shaft in for testing. ;)

1/2" Sir "PureitALot"
1/2" Sir "PureitALot"

Hey Man -
The feedback on the irons' performance has been something I've never experienced before...100% of the player testers, most w/ consistent swings and speeds from 95 to 120 mph w/ their drivers and are typically used to l. monitor numbers...ALL have been amazed at the height, spin and distance these Kats generate. The average clubbed speed increase has been 2 - 5mph on a #6 iron....and that's HUGE. SO the bar has been set very high for the woods. I have designs right now that have tested really good...but I'm after extraordinary just like the irons. I have 4 more iterations designed at the winding factory I use...but hell not everybody's back work yet, the full-up cosmetic samples I was going to provide for member testing....everything's been delayed and I can't get a date out of them whatsoever yet. Hey....butwe'll get there and cause some heads to turn with both the irons AND woods. BTW....I have tested the irons in hybrids...same results! I'm close 'Migo to changing this industry....again...
I’m intrigued to see how these test out and whether they hold true to the claims.

I like that the docs sent by @Robin Arthur explain a bit about the quality control process but color me skeptical for a couple of reasons. #1 I don’t know much about golf shafts and have to trust that @JB and @Jman will give unbiased reviews (and I know they will!) #2. I don’t know anything about how other companies manufacture their shafts so I don’t know if I should be impressed that there are 3 steps in the quality control process and checks that are done.

There’s a lot that I don’t know, and I don’t know what I don’t know about shafts.
I’m intrigued to see how these test out and whether they hold true to the claims.

I like that the docs sent by @Robin Arthur explain a bit about the quality control process but color me skeptical for a couple of reasons. #1 I don’t know much about golf shafts and have to trust that @JB and @Jman will give unbiased reviews (and I know they will!) #2. I don’t know anything about how other companies manufacture their shafts so I don’t know if I should be impressed that there are 3 steps in the quality control process and checks that are done.

There’s a lot that I don’t know, and I don’t know what I don’t know about shafts.
Hey Scorpion. I've been in most every major Chinese facility...and nowhere have I seen the quality focus that's on these shafts. But they sure do charge like their shafts are treated w/ kids gloves....NYET!!!

Definitely watching to see the results on this one.

@Robin Arthur i saw in a review of earlier shafts that your products are highly regarded and much lower priced than competitors. I think that’s awesome.

Really am leaning utility to test this one out for some reason, seems a really good test for it.

Really am leaning utility to test this one out for some reason, seems a really good test for it.

Utility sounds fun. Driving iron setup? Sort of like what we did with the Distance Bash SZ iron? :)

Yo James, I had one of these in my hands today. It is very cool looking and the local fitter has been a dealer for years.

He is still waiting for the other new ones and I may just give one of the driver shafts a go if I can figure out which would be low spin (stiff tip) and soft in the hands similar to the GD AD BB if there is one such animal.

Hey Folks!
It's good to be back on here after so much time re-designing, player testing for months, considering cosmetics (and now deliveries/coronavirus...more on that later), butit's always a pleasure being here and trying to help out in any way I can. Sorry if some of my answers can get to be too long but sometimes there's no quick way to discuss some pretty kule and technical questions - regardless of what or who's shafts are in question. My main reason is to help...a little PR of corse but I've always gotten my greatest satisfaction from perhaps helping golfers whack the crap outta that little white orb...and simply to have more fun!

I've enjoyed your comments re the new Xcaliber Xclusiv line shafts so thanks there for sure! I'm attaching a couple files which I just released to current Xcaliber dealers. BUT I want everyone to know I'll be working with Josh to also make these shafts also available to the the good folks here on Hackers Paradise....and not to the other forums. The details haven't been worked out yet but I do guarantee the $1000 buy-in for new Dealers worldwide will not apply to you y'all (once a WV Hillbilly...:cool:...).

And to answer the remark of the shafts being more expensive....yea your right. But after you've read the 2 docs I'm attaching I think you'll understand why. >.

That's it for now. I welcome any and all comments - good, bad, ugly and WTF...
Robin

Robin, if there isn't a dealer in my region. Is there one way to purchase them directly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yo James, I had one of these in my hands today. It is very cool looking and the local fitter has been a dealer for years.

He is still waiting for the other new ones and I may just give one of the driver shafts a go if I can figure out which would be low spin (stiff tip) and soft in the hands similar to the GD AD BB if there is one such animal.
Pretty wild, eh?

Yep, the one he has is for a PW I guess (36") and 85 gr. He has had it for months he said and the paint is not nearly as good as what you have. Must have been a concept /demo shaft.
I am going back to see him today to double check my iron specs and will snap a picture.

Do we know the logic being the rappid taper design? It looks super unique!

Yep, the one he has is for a PW I guess (36") and 85 gr. He has had it for months he said and the paint is not nearly as good as what you have. Must have been a concept /demo shaft.
I am going back to see him today to double check my iron specs and will snap a picture.
The wedge shafts were his initial designs for this shaft shape. What that builder has is an older model.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Do we know the logic being the rappid taper design? It looks super unique!
The design idea came from his theorizing about the energy transfer from a bull whip. How when drawn back, then snapped forward the energy transfer is dramatic. The snap of the whip multiplying the force many times over. So he got to designing a shaft that would do just that.
From my experience with this shaft out in the wild it's sort of just what you feel. It loads and unloads in a very unique way. There have been some times where I think to my self.. i didnt hit that too well, yet i look up and there it goes.
Really looking forward to what Jman sees with these. I have a 6 iron and it's in my bag. I try to find myself in that 195-200 yard spot so I can pull that club out.
I have only had this in prototype form and cant wait to have a full set made.

20200306_095421.jpg

The design idea came from his theorizing about the energy transfer from a bull whip. How when drawn back, then snapped forward the energy transfer is dramatic. The snap of the whip multiplying the force many times over. So he got to designing a shaft that would do just that.
From my experience with this shaft out in the wild it's sort of just what you feel. It loads and unloads in a very unique way. There have been some times where I think to my self.. i didnt hit that too well, yet i look up and there it goes.
Really looking forward to what Jman sees with these. I have a 6 iron and it's in my bag. I try to find myself in that 195-200 yard spot so I can pull that club out.

That's awesome! Thank you for the amazing response. As an engineering i'm always interested in the thoughts that cause creators to look at something differently than most people. I too can't wait to hear @Jman report!

I almost forgot I have one of the early prototype wood shafts. This one is a R flex. I need to throw a Maltby tip on it and give it a go round.
af85b5333b04452c51d2c52d601e4758.jpg

I almost forgot I have one of the early prototype wood shafts. This one is a R flex. I need to throw a Maltby tip on it and give it a go round.
af85b5333b04452c51d2c52d601e4758.jpg

Thats wild. Not sure I like the rings on the taper section, but that ion finish at the bottom is Recoil like good.

So to break it down into layman terms, the forgiveness is really where it shines.

I dig the Mid High Launch and SS up to 120 (not that I'm close to being there)

Looking forward to more feedback on these, they're definitely on my radar though

I do appreciate how RA is accessible and converses in the XCalibur threads - can't get that access anywhere but THP.

So to break it down into layman terms, the forgiveness is really where it shines.

I dig the Mid High Launch and SS up to 120 (not that I'm close to being there)

Looking forward to more feedback on these, they're definitely on my radar though

I do appreciate how RA is accessible and converses in the XCalibur threads - can't get that access anywhere but THP.
I'm super curious to see how ti shakes out. Robin is clearly super excited about them and their internal feedback is teetering on some of the most positive I've seen. Testing it in one head is a bit tough, but, that is why I'm going in a lower lofted club, I think we will really see what it can do there.

I'm super curious to see how ti shakes out. Robin is clearly super excited about them and their internal feedback is teetering on some of the most positive I've seen. Testing it in one head is a bit tough, but, that is why I'm going in a lower lofted club, I think we will really see what it can do there.

going in a utility with adjustability? Lol rhymes

I’m most curious to see how the woods and iron shafts perform differently/same as they are different clubs.

Also great to see Robin offering up forum testing to THPers

Curious as to when the wedged shafts will be out. Since the short game is my happy spot, I'm super curious about these shafts.

Utility adapters are in. Install tonight, play tomorrow (weather contingent) and some data to boot, I hope!

Back