Xcaliber Xclusiv Shafts - Rapid Taper Series

Very interested in your findings

Do we know the logic being the rappid taper design? It looks super unique!
Logic? What a concept eh? One thing you Kool Kats will NEVER get from me are lies and innuendos...and if I don't know the answer I'll admit it but promise to find out the truth behind the question.

I got the idea from watching Mrs. Zeta Jones Douglas....oops I mean "Zorro"...;)... And especially when Hopkins was teaching' Banderas how to use a whip. A whip...a weapon has a 8"or so leather-braided handle that fits nicely into the palm, then an immediately tapering, braided leather section to a skinnier section with a weight at the end. Hmmm....sound familiar?

The weapon works on a concept called "conservation of energy" being released through "angular acceleration" which releases all that energy at the prices moment that creates the sonic "snap" you hear. So I was thinking "when I could get my eyes off Katherine...", what not try to replicate that on a golf shaft? I started w/ irons and the designs were damn good. Shopped them to OEMs for over a year who loved the performance and especially the unique look. BUT they're all in the habit of paying $4-5 dollars for carbon fiber irons (and $8-10 for woods...) and offered to pay me $0.25/shaft. I guess you know what I told them....in a nice way....kinda. So I released the Spin Wedge and was determined to make them now good, but phenomenal. And perhaps I did...you all are going to have to tell me. But for the last 6 months in testing using a Flightscope Quad, every golfer has seen a 2.5-5mph increase inn head speed on a 6 test iron. Every one that's tested on my or another launch monitor. And that's the friggin' truth.

Now what I want to do is to instrument a few shafts - steel, "standard taper" popular graphite shafts - and determine what, where, how and even why I got lucky. And even more so....how to manipulate future "standard" designs to take advantage of the knowledge gained. Unfortunately that'll have to wait as it'll be expensive and I was recently embezzled almost $100k....so it's scramble time at the OK Coral. No worries though...I'll get throughout and we'll all learn something. I promise

Here's a pic

Oh yea...one more thing...

The increase in head speed above happened with golfers whose driver speeds range from 97 to 125mph. Consistently. Why that big of a range? Hell...I honestly don't know. Instrumentation by a Kat a lot smarter than me will gives us a clue. It's never happened to me before....that golfers with that big a range in clubbed speed all said they'd game the shafts right now....and that I REALLY can't explain.

Attachments

• Rapid Taper profile vs Avalon Xclusiv (std. profile).jpg
    Rapid Taper profile vs Avalon Xclusiv (std. profile).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 14
Logic? What a concept eh? One thing you Kool Kats will NEVER get from me are lies and innuendos...and if I don't know the answer I'll admit it but promise to find out the truth behind the question.

I got the idea from watching Mrs. Zeta Jones Douglas....oops I mean "Zorro"...;)... And especially when Hopkins was teaching' Banderas how to use a whip. A whip...a weapon has a 8"or so leather-braided handle that fits nicely into the palm, then an immediately tapering, braided leather section to a skinnier section with a weight at the end. Hmmm....sound familiar?

The weapon works on a concept called "conservation of energy" being released through "angular acceleration" which releases all that energy at the prices moment that creates the sonic "snap" you hear. So I was thinking "when I could get my eyes off Katherine...", what not try to replicate that on a golf shaft? I started w/ irons and the designs were damn good. Shopped them to OEMs for over a year who loved the performance and especially the unique look. BUT they're all in the habit of paying $4-5 dollars for carbon fiber irons (and $8-10 for woods...) and offered to pay me $0.25/shaft. I guess you know what I told them....in a nice way....kinda. So I released the Spin Wedge and was determined to make them now good, but phenomenal. And perhaps I did...you all are going to have to tell me. But for the last 6 months in testing using a Flightscope Quad, every golfer has seen a 2.5-5mph increase inn head speed on a 6 test iron. Every one that's tested on my or another launch monitor. And that's the friggin' truth.

Now what I want to do is to instrument a few shafts - steel, "standard taper" popular graphite shafts - and determine what, where, how and even why I got lucky. And even more so....how to manipulate future "standard" designs to take advantage of the knowledge gained. Unfortunately that'll have to wait as it'll be expensive and I was recently embezzled almost $100k....so it's scramble time at the OK Coral. No worries though...I'll get throughout and we'll all learn something. I promise

Here's a pic

Oh yea...one more thing...

The increase in head speed above happened with golfers whose driver speeds range from 97 to 125mph. Consistently. Why that big of a range? Hell...I honestly don't know. Instrumentation by a Kat a lot smarter than me will gives us a clue. It's never happened to me before....that golfers with that big a range in clubbed speed all said they'd game the shafts right now....and that I REALLY can't explain.
Thanks for the awesome response @Robin Arthur As someone who looks at the world through engineering lenses I'm always fascinated by the spark of inspirations to do something differently. Sorry to hear about sour business partners. Hopefully that will turn out to be a small bump in the road, but sounds like you've got a captive and active fan base (here and elsewhere) that would help support if need be.

I can't wait to see how these results keep coming in and what you do next!

@Robin Arthur I went to your website and found two wedge shafts. The Classic RT Spin wedge and the Classic RT Taper wedge. Is the Xcaliber Xclusive a new shaft not showing or is it the RT Taper wedge shaft?

@Robin Arthur I went to your website and found two wedge shafts. The Classic RT Spin wedge and the Classic RT Taper wedge. Is the Xcaliber Xclusive a new shaft not showing or is it the RT Taper wedge shaft?
Hey GolfEver - (kule moniker BTW...)
The CL-Spin Wedge is the third design using the basic rapid taper geometry. The taper wedge are spare/extra 36" tapered shafts for my 2 tapered iron sets (.355" tips vs .370) that's clubmakers have requested a couple years ago. The Xclusiv Rapid taper irons we're talking about (and soon to be woods) are a new and different breed though those designs were started first and iterated until I was satisfied the theory was truly sound and they kicked arse!

Thanks for the awesome response @Robin Arthur As someone who looks at the world through engineering lenses I'm always fascinated by the spark of inspirations to do something differently. Sorry to hear about sour business partners. Hopefully that will turn out to be a small bump in the road, but sounds like you've got a captive and active fan base (here and elsewhere) that would help support if need be.

I can't wait to see how these results keep coming in and what you do next!

Thanks so much for the kind words JMK. Yea I'm in a real precarious situation and your words reminded me of why I've always been in this business - because the first folks I met in this industry were clubmakers from the wonderful PCS and the folks with TRUE passion for their craft. They reminded me what sports....and especially golf...can mean on levels not about making money, nor winning...but something much bigger - giving everything, that passion to something you believe in and in doing so creating a better you and maybe....a better world. Read "Golf in the Kingdom"...I think one of the best sports/philosophy books ever written. And Part Deux, yea 'm kinda of an OK engineer...but I'm a really good imagineer. Thanks again. We'll get there 'Migo!

Tip for the 4U is cured, shaft is ready to go after I grip it tonight.

Gripped, at playing length, and will be in the 4U today for initial swings and hopefully some data. :cool:

So you have the Rapid Taper in the 4u. What head will be in the Avalon i8?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So you have the Rapid Taper in the 4u. What head will be in the Avalon i8?

i9, same head. #adaptersyo

Not my first rodeo....

Makes sense and will be a true back to back comparo

Not my first rodeo....
Hey Cowboy!!
What's your lasso......ummmm....I mean driver s. speed? Tempo/transition? Just curious.

FYI - I wanted to have samples w/ full cosmetics for the membership to eval as well per JB's suggestion....but now i'm just trying to get 20 blanks outta China. Stay tuned.

Hey Cowboy!!
What's your lasso......ummmm....I mean driver s. speed? Tempo/transition? Just curious.

FYI - I wanted to have samples w/ full cosmetics for the membership to eval as well per JB's suggestion....but now i'm just trying to get 20 blanks outta China. Stay tuned.
You mentioned Kool Kats... did you have anything to do with the Korker persimmon driver years ago?

Hey Cowboy!!

Haha, 107-111 at the moment, decently quick.

Have data, will share.

After dinner. ;)

Well, I say this with absolutely no BS attached to it. Wow.

First will be the same data I posted earlier today in the Tec U and SZ threads of the session yesterday of both with stock shaft (Catalyst), second will be the Tec U with the Xcaliber. As I just mentioned in the Tec thread, for a clear reference point, I did go back and hit the utility with the stock shaft in it again a few times post practice while I was warmed up and the numbers were in line with the first session posted here.

SZ TU.png

Taper Session1.png

So faster ball speed, flying higher, spinning more, coming down steeper, all while going longer. Basically a 4 utility that will stop on a green?? Not too bad at all.

So faster ball speed, flying higher, spinning more, coming down steeper, all while going longer. Basically a 4 utility that will stop on a green?? Not too bad at all.

Initial session is clearly good. It’s still early.

I like the look of this thread.

Back