xThor's putting improvement journey with Hole More Putts technology

xThor

AnimeGods 神 | TravisMathew | Burg
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Will be using this thread to capture my journey to improve at putting in 2021.
I will be using the Hole More Putts device and technology. More info on that found Here

About me and my putting:
- 11 handicap
- 2020 average ~34 putts per round
- Love Odyssey putters
- I feel decently confident on distance control
- I feel aiming and hitting it straight to that point is my weakness

really looking forward to following this. good luck! (y)

Looking forward to following along with this.

Day 1:

not so good.
I wasn’t fully focused, as I was more interested in the device than a good stroke and it showed.
But it gave me some drills to work on.

92079511-085A-4470-9FF1-8A7A610A65F4.jpeg

7BE939B2-3DF6-431B-A1B0-9B7753F13FEA.jpeg

Do you have a goal in mind?

Interesting, going to need to do some research on this product. Cant wait to follow you along your putting adventure!

I think I’d like to be consistently in the 80s.
It’ll be interesting to see A) what drills help the most. B) what putter I am most successful with.
Odyssey WH OG 7S for the win!

Today was trying to baseline numbers with different putters.
I think it's pretty clear that I am putting best with the MXM Versa 1. I also know that I have heavier weights in the head, and I feel it being heavier.

I wonder if this means I need to do a Toulon Garage Austin. Maybe San Diego?

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 4.18.05 PM.png

I’m going to bring this back up and work on getting some more data.

I used this to kind of do a self fitting with different putters, and start down the path of instructions/lessons offered within the app.
I measured my 6 end of the year 2020 putts per round, to my 6 rounds this year (all with new putter). These are GHIN posted rounds, so only consists of rounds for score with tracked strokes/putts.

2020: 33.83 putts per round
2021: 31.5 putts per round

I know it’s a mix of things, but I cannot get passed the improvements I am seeing on the course. I am making more putts from distance, and lagging so much better. I still have my misses (I track misses inside 4 feet), but overall I feel like I am becoming a much better and way more confident putter.

I’ll work to get some updated numbers with the device. Goal is to work consistently over an 80% on the HMP device, and start having a few rounds under 30 putts and under 85 score.

Back