XXIO Prime Driver

XXIO Prime Driver

Thinking about restarting mine with a THP Custom

Grew up in Mobile. My grandparents lived there my entire life. All my moms family is back there as well as most of my cousins, etc.

My folks love it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're in Pace. Just a little North of the city. Found a nice golf community there--Stonebrook Village. Very different than the mountains, but we're enjoying it. Not so big so you're really close to everything.

Does you course do a demo day? My teacher is a Srixon rep, I'll see if I can find anything out from him next lesson if you're interested.

I think we'll have Callaway and maybe TaylorMade. Edwin Watts may tape one up and let me hit it, if they carry it. I'll check next time I'm down there.

Tinkering with perfection......boooooh

This hit the range this morning and was awesome. It has this unique sound that I just cant get over. I think I am going to put the THP Custom PX shaft in it.

This hit the range this morning and was awesome. It has this unique sound that I just cant get over. I think I am going to put the THP Custom PX shaft in it.
And swapped back to original awesomeness for club clash right lol

Cant wait to get my hands on this driver again in just a few days

As far as driver heads go, its my favorite looking head ever created.

So this driver is something of an enigma to me.
Its lighter, longer and softer in flex than what I (and most people we tested it with) play.
Yet the dispersion numbers are actually closer to the center line than just about every driver tested so far against it (golfers' current drivers by 12.7%).

Its one of the most unique experiments we have done testing a driver and I am sure a lot of it has to do with the whole package and the XXIO thought on creating the entire club, rather than parts. But I do find the head ridiculously forgiving and something that I think most golfers could get a lot out of. Especially those in the sub 100 mph swing speed category.

It will be in the THP Tour Van all year long for trials for those that want to test it out.

If 441 will relinquish is for a few seconds, I would like to give it a few swings Saturday.

I love forgiveness, and I fit the swing profile...
I'd love to give it a swing or two!

If I can pry it from MikeDean's hands, I would like to take a swing this weekend.
There has been some stellar feedback on this club!

I foresee this driver making its way back to Ohio with Mike.

This is becoming a driver with some serious ponder.

If I can pry it from MikeDean's hands, I would like to take a swing this weekend.
There has been some stellar feedback on this club!

You distract him and I will grab it and run

Its lighter, longer and softer in flex than what I (and most people we tested it with) play.
Yet the dispersion numbers are actually closer to the center line than just about every driver tested so far against it (golfers' current drivers by 12.7%).

Its one of the most unique experiments we have done testing a driver and I am sure a lot of it has to do with the whole package and the XXIO thought on creating the entire club, rather than parts. But I do find the head ridiculously forgiving and something that I think most golfers could get a lot out of. Especially those in the sub 100 mph swing speed category.

It will be in the THP Tour Van all year long for trials for those that want to test it out.

Its like they reached out and said "hey #441, what do you need from us so that your driver distance isnt the same as your 5I"

Its like they reached out and said "hey #441, what do you need from us so that your driver distance isnt the same as your 5I"
You could hit your driver as far as your 5i?

Excited to hear more from you on this driver.

You could hit your driver as far as your 5i?

Excited to hear more from you on this driver.

And down the RR rankings you go, right next to PhillyV

I have seen some pretty aggressive and fast swingers have their best success with SUPER soft and light shafts lately just goes to show that fitting is not cut and dry and you need to believe the results you see not just what is accepted.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have seen some pretty aggressive and fast swingers have their best success with SUPER soft and light shafts lately just goes to show that fitting is not cut and dry and you need to believe the results you see not just what is accepted.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

absolutely. I have the XXIO 9 right now. When I first went out I hit it with my Dad. He's got a slower swing and it's smoother than mine. I get to the top of my swing and it's like a get an electric shock and immediately start the downswing. No hesitation, no pause, pretty quick tempo. When I put it in play for a full round, I had probably the best driving accuracy day of my life going 12/14. The shaft is 1/2 inch longer than I normally play, and is in the low 40's for weight, also a reg flex.

Length isn't really included in this, and this is without knowing anything about the people swinging, but wouldn't this give some creedence to the "most golfers are playing shafts too stiff for them" argument? I wonder if the XXIO is actually a better fit for a lot of the guys who have tried it. I think a big part of it is XXIO's status as SRI's brand where they let the engineers build the best club (and as you say, the whole club), with little thought about price point.

absolutely. I have the XXIO 9 right now. When I first went out I hit it with my Dad. He's got a slower swing and it's smoother than mine. I get to the top of my swing and it's like a get an electric shock and immediately start the downswing. No hesitation, no pause, pretty quick tempo. When I put it in play for a full round, I had probably the best driving accuracy day of my life going 12/14. The shaft is 1/2 inch longer than I normally play, and is in the low 40's for weight, also a reg flex.

It seems to be something that is continuing with each person that tests it out, especially over an extended period of time.

Back