XXIO Prime Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
One of these is on the way for me to test out and wanted to put up a thread where I can post my feedback. Its an incredibly unique driver and one I have taken a swing or two with before along with others in the XXIO lineup.

A newly developed, lightweight shaft with CG closer to the lightweight grip make the club lighter, decreasing the swing MOI for faster swinging and higher head speeds. The periphery of the face is thinner for a more consistent and hotter performance over the entire face. What's more, the new cup face structure with a wider bend at the toe combined with the heel biased CG design expands the sweet spot, resulting in further flight distances.

XXIO-prime-driver-sweetspotchart.png

8703-XXIOEU-lightbox_PrimeDriver2.jpg

I like the name!

Very cool name and a nice looking driver. As with any XXIO product, though, I'm eliminated from the market based on price.

Bigger sweet spot.....gladly try that.

that is a good looking club

I love the name and like the looks. My question would be what is the price point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Very cool name and a nice looking driver. As with any XXIO product, though, I'm eliminated from the market based on price.

This is actually kind of a misnomer. For instance the XXIO 8 driver costs less than the TaylorMade M1 right now. Now granted its because its near the end of its life cycle, but it is $100 less.

Nevermind....here is the driver JB gets to test out! Man, they looked great when we saw them at Cleveland/Srixon HQ. Good luck with it!

bigger sweet spot, I can get down with that

I always thought they were a premium high-priced driver as well....wonder if the price is worth the performance....

Sweet! A little giggly about this one I bet!

JB looked like a kid at Christmas when Adam offered to send him one to review.

I don't know what to make of the XXIO lineup, it still doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me. I look forward to reading your thoughts on this driver!

This is actually kind of a misnomer. For instance the XXIO 8 driver costs less than the TaylorMade M1 right now. Now granted its because its near the end of its life cycle, but it is $100 less.
I could only speculate because no pricing point was listed and just going off what I see at online outlets, which is $799.99.

I could only speculate because no pricing point was listed and just going off what I see at online outlets, which is $799.99.

Yes, XXIO Prime is still at $799.
XXIO 8 which is the other model current (new thread on that as well) is at $399. When the new XXIO 9 launches it will be at $599.

I'm all for a sweet spot out on the toe.

For $799 and $599 I would hope that thing goes 350yds and perfectly straight down the middle every time! :alien:

For $799 and $599 I would hope that thing goes 350yds and perfectly straight down the middle every time! :alien:

Thats what we said about $499 just a couple of years ago. Now people are raving about the M1 at that price point.
Cost is always going to be a determining factor for many, and I dont blame them.
But as other brands have come up in price, the difference is not that big anymore, and as mentioned the XXIO 8 (which is the current driver) is less at $399.

Even at those price points it would be tempting if it gave me back some of my lost distance. But, my experience over the last couple of years is that, at my age and swing speed, I have hit most all the new entries about the same distance and with nearly the same accuracy. It hasn't stopped me from trying and buying new drivers every year, however. LOL

I think it's the angle of the driver in the top picture, but the shape/size of the face looks…different to me. Almost higher on the toe.

That is one classy looking driver. Looking forward to you feedback

Is that a blue/gold combo I see? I like the color scheme but want to see it perform.

The looks are killer! Very damn pricy though, and not adjustable.

My friend in Brazil plays all XXIO and loves them, he also has 20 bags of clubs in his bag room all JDM all staff bags, etc. but he is very wealthy and a total golf nut and club ho.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this one. I'm a fan of both xxio 8 and prime lines.

Back