XXIO Prime Driver

JB,

How was the shaft flex for you? I remember the one at Cleveland HQ being pretty loose. Did you get the same shaft?

Its a long and light and very soft shaft. You guys were using the regular and the one I got was stiff (its really stiff/regular SR). Its not boardy or stout and really a soft shaft, but at that length is not a bad thing.

Its a long and light and very soft shaft. You guys were using the regular and the one I got was stiff (its really stiff/regular SR). Its not boardy or stout and really a soft shaft, but at that length is not a bad thing.

Very nice. Like that it seems to be on the soft side. With the powerful head sounds like a good combo mix.

Very nice. Like that it seems to be on the soft side. With the powerful head sounds like a good combo mix.

In The right hands it's a really solid setup. The look just makes you crave to hit when on the course. This weekend I will get a few people to hit it on FlightScope.

I managed to get hold of the xxio 8 driver,fairway and hybrid on the shafts they are labelled as SR and the feel quite whippy is this soft regular or stiff regular?
They do feel good though

Stiff regular.

Stiff regular.

thanks, JB, they must have a different take on shaft flex as its much softer than my normal regular driver shaft. However when hitting it it does not baloon in the air or go off target and it feel great.

As for the stock shaft (SP-800 Carbon Graphite). Is SP the name brand ?

Its made by XXIO. The parent company has the ability to make their own shafts (see Miyazaki).
They designed a shaft for the head specifically.

Its made by XXIO. The parent company has the ability to make their own shafts (see Miyazaki).
They designed a shaft for the head specifically.

I haven't swing the XXIO drivers, but the shaft Srixon paired the 355 woods with is a perfect match. It's pretty great they have the in-house expertise there.

I remember how interested JB was at the XXIO set on display at the Up & Down. Sounds like Keith Kringle delivers again. I had never heard of the brand before. Interested to see the review and performance numbers.

I'm really interested in seeing this hit next to the xxio 8 to see the differences in performance.

....not to troll, but this club would be sweet if it had Cleveland logos and was $329 with a full selection of Miyazaki shafts available. Don't get this "brand" at all, are they trying to chase the Miura crowd or Macau triad bosses?

Looking forward to some feedback on this one this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, where to start.

First off this is one of the more unique looking drivers Ive ever swung. The Gold really pops out, especially in the sunlight. The shaft has a 2 tone color to it, light green for part and more gold for the rest.

Even with my weak and inhibited swing, this club was a launch monster, something that has been a struggle recently and was a welcome sight.

The shaft was Stiff/Regular but played way closer to regular than stiff which really helped promote a nice smooth tempo and swing on it.

My first drive of the weekend was 242 right down the middle, which is nothing on the internet but somewhere in the realm of 50-60 yards longer than I had been hitting previously. I ended the round with 3 drives over 240, I cant tell you the last time that happened, might be every bit of 2-3 years ago.

Still saw some solid distance later in the day even as the swings got more and more tired as the day went on. Sunday I didnt see the length I had seen the day before but I did see WAY more fairways and WAY less penalty strokes.

My miss was the toe like usual and I was STUNNED on how far the ball still went. Ive kept my Xhot around because of that very reason, but this club was even more forgiving on the toe, and thats saying alot.

It was just FUN to hit this thing. Ive gone a really long time without even trying some of the newest stuff because I just thought it would be a waste of time with the way I had been swinging the club this year. This club gave me hope and made the game fun again.

The price tag will keep me from acquiring one (maybe if they are cheaper as new releases take place) but I would urge those that can to take a few swings with it as it is everything it is advertised to be and more.

It should honest to goodness be called the XXIO 441 Prime driver.

It was a LOT of fun to see you SMILING after hitting tee shots.

Mike 240 down the middle sounds like a good combo.

441 playing this was like a blast from the past. Prior to the injuries and such, he was routinely at this distance. The last few months with the injury has left him much shorter and I saw some really good drives with great distance.

I caught some snips from your weekend and the talk of MD and the Prime Performance! I hope this ends up in your bag.....I mean, how could it not now!?

Very cool to hear of your success with this drive, Mike - especially after hearing about your tee box experiences in Orlando!
I hope one makes it into your bag, somehow.... Although that means fewer HOF tags for the rest of us!

Great to hear 441 and thanks for sharing the enthusiasm. As a short knocker myself I know how good it feels when something magical happens!

Well, where to start.

First off this is one of the more unique looking drivers Ive ever swung. The Gold really pops out, especially in the sunlight. The shaft has a 2 tone color to it, light green for part and more gold for the rest.

Even with my weak and inhibited swing, this club was a launch monster, something that has been a struggle recently and was a welcome sight.

The shaft was Stiff/Regular but played way closer to regular than stiff which really helped promote a nice smooth tempo and swing on it.

My first drive of the weekend was 242 right down the middle, which is nothing on the internet but somewhere in the realm of 50-60 yards longer than I had been hitting previously. I ended the round with 3 drives over 240, I cant tell you the last time that happened, might be every bit of 2-3 years ago.

Still saw some solid distance later in the day even as the swings got more and more tired as the day went on. Sunday I didnt see the length I had seen the day before but I did see WAY more fairways and WAY less penalty strokes.

My miss was the toe like usual and I was STUNNED on how far the ball still went. Ive kept my Xhot around because of that very reason, but this club was even more forgiving on the toe, and thats saying alot.

It was just FUN to hit this thing. Ive gone a really long time without even trying some of the newest stuff because I just thought it would be a waste of time with the way I had been swinging the club this year. This club gave me hope and made the game fun again.

The price tag will keep me from acquiring one (maybe if they are cheaper as new releases take place) but I would urge those that can to take a few swings with it as it is everything it is advertised to be and more.

Looks like S/R is the stiffest shaft that is offered Stock for this club. Specs are scarce from what I am seeing for the SP-800 CARBON SHAFT. What should higher swing speed players lean towards in the XXIO line, or is SR what they recommend?

If Mike Dean isn't gaming one of these next year, I'll feel sad.

It's pretty wild. The shaft feels an awful lot like a pool noodle when you're just waggling the head around, but it stays surprisingly connected throughout the swing. Naturally, I hit it with a comical amount of arc (starting low and rising like a curve until it peaked) but that's very consistent for me and the profile it plays to.

It also sounds awesome.

If Mike Dean isn't gaming one of these next year, I'll feel sad.

It's pretty wild. The shaft feels an awful lot like a pool noodle when you're just waggling the head around, but it stays surprisingly connected throughout the swing. Naturally, I hit it with a comical amount of arc (starting low and rising like a curve until it peaked) but that's very consistent for me and the profile it plays to.

It also sounds awesome.

Id chip in #Crowdfunding

....not to troll, but this club would be sweet if it had Cleveland logos and was $329 with a full selection of Miyazaki shafts available. Don't get this "brand" at all, are they trying to chase the Miura crowd or Macau triad bosses?

I'm in the same boat here, kind of. Correct me if I'm wrong, but anything they're putting out under the XXIO name is pretty much meant to appeal to slow swing-speed players who want exclusivity and are willing to pay for it. I understand why they would do that, and have zero problem them or any other company that does that. My question is what are they (Srixon) offering to people that want the performance of this club but do not want the heavy price tag? Forgive me if there's something I've missed reading, but this has really confused me. FWIW this sounds like an awesome club that I'd love to try someday.

Back