XXIO Prime Driver

....not to troll, but this club would be sweet if it had Cleveland logos and was $329 with a full selection of Miyazaki shafts available. Don't get this "brand" at all, are they trying to chase the Miura crowd or Macau triad bosses?

the shaft, head and grip were designed to pair together for optimal performance. Xxio doesn't offer any customization in any of their clubs including the irons. They are a premium golf club manufacturer and I don't think they are trying to mimic any other brand but are a popular Japanese company that is being rolled out for the first time in the U.S., with premium you get get high cost,but of you look at the xxio 8 the price there dropped with the coming release of xxio 9.

I'm in the same boat here, kind of. Correct me if I'm wrong, but anything they're putting out under the XXIO name is pretty much meant to appeal to slow swing-speed players who want exclusivity and are willing to pay for it. I understand why they would do that, and have zero problem them or any other company that does that. My question is what are they (Srixon) offering to people that want the performance of this club but do not want the heavy price tag? Forgive me if there's something I've missed reading, but this has really confused me. FWIW this sounds like an awesome club that I'd love to try someday.

Under the umbrella of Srixon,Cleveland, and xxio there are several options you could look at for similar performance. Srixon with the latest release of the z355 driver has similar design with heavy head, lighter shaft and grip. Several THPers have commented on the 355 in the review thread. With Cleveland you have the CG black line. While the xxio and CG black are "designed" for slower SS in the 70-90 range these driver will all hold up to a faster swing speed.

^^ thanks! That's what I was looking for!

I'm in the same boat here, kind of. Correct me if I'm wrong, but anything they're putting out under the XXIO name is pretty much meant to appeal to slow swing-speed players who want exclusivity and are willing to pay for it. I understand why they would do that, and have zero problem them or any other company that does that. My question is what are they (Srixon) offering to people that want the performance of this club but do not want the heavy price tag? Forgive me if there's something I've missed reading, but this has really confused me. FWIW this sounds like an awesome club that I'd love to try someday.

I mean could t we say that about anything? Let's use titleist as an example. The Pro V1 is about $50 a dozen. What if I want to pay $25. What are they offering me? Nothing with that performance.

XXIO Prime Driver

I mean could t we say that about anything? Let's use titleist as an example. The Pro V1 is about $50 a dozen. What if I want to pay $25. What are they offering me? Nothing with that performance.

Good point, for sure. Titleist does offer something for slower swing speeds, but it comes in at a cheaper price. I'm not super familiar with the Srixon/CG lines, I was genuinely curious as to what else they offered people with slower swings.

Well, where to start.

First off this is one of the more unique looking drivers Ive ever swung. The Gold really pops out, especially in the sunlight. The shaft has a 2 tone color to it, light green for part and more gold for the rest.

Even with my weak and inhibited swing, this club was a launch monster, something that has been a struggle recently and was a welcome sight.

The shaft was Stiff/Regular but played way closer to regular than stiff which really helped promote a nice smooth tempo and swing on it.

My first drive of the weekend was 242 right down the middle, which is nothing on the internet but somewhere in the realm of 50-60 yards longer than I had been hitting previously. I ended the round with 3 drives over 240, I cant tell you the last time that happened, might be every bit of 2-3 years ago.

Still saw some solid distance later in the day even as the swings got more and more tired as the day went on. Sunday I didnt see the length I had seen the day before but I did see WAY more fairways and WAY less penalty strokes.

My miss was the toe like usual and I was STUNNED on how far the ball still went. Ive kept my Xhot around because of that very reason, but this club was even more forgiving on the toe, and thats saying alot.

It was just FUN to hit this thing. Ive gone a really long time without even trying some of the newest stuff because I just thought it would be a waste of time with the way I had been swinging the club this year. This club gave me hope and made the game fun again.

The price tag will keep me from acquiring one (maybe if they are cheaper as new releases take place) but I would urge those that can to take a few swings with it as it is everything it is advertised to be and more.

So for the slower swing speed guys this might be useful. I need to get my hands on one of these for a test run!

JM

Well, where to start.

First off this is one of the more unique looking drivers Ive ever swung. The Gold really pops out, especially in the sunlight. The shaft has a 2 tone color to it, light green for part and more gold for the rest.

Even with my weak and inhibited swing, this club was a launch monster, something that has been a struggle recently and was a welcome sight.

The shaft was Stiff/Regular but played way closer to regular than stiff which really helped promote a nice smooth tempo and swing on it.

My first drive of the weekend was 242 right down the middle, which is nothing on the internet but somewhere in the realm of 50-60 yards longer than I had been hitting previously. I ended the round with 3 drives over 240, I cant tell you the last time that happened, might be every bit of 2-3 years ago.

Still saw some solid distance later in the day even as the swings got more and more tired as the day went on. Sunday I didnt see the length I had seen the day before but I did see WAY more fairways and WAY less penalty strokes.

My miss was the toe like usual and I was STUNNED on how far the ball still went. Ive kept my Xhot around because of that very reason, but this club was even more forgiving on the toe, and thats saying alot.

It was just FUN to hit this thing. Ive gone a really long time without even trying some of the newest stuff because I just thought it would be a waste of time with the way I had been swinging the club this year. This club gave me hope and made the game fun again.

The price tag will keep me from acquiring one (maybe if they are cheaper as new releases take place) but I would urge those that can to take a few swings with it as it is everything it is advertised to be and more.

Great to read this Deano. I hope you get one long term!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point, for sure. Titleist does offer something for slower swing speeds, but it comes in at a cheaper price. I'm not super familiar with the Srixon/CG lines, I was genuinely curious as to what else they offered people with slower swings.
I think this pretty much nailed it:
Under the umbrella of Srixon,Cleveland, and xxio there are several options you could look at for similar performance. Srixon with the latest release of the z355 driver has similar design with heavy head, lighter shaft and grip. Several THPers have commented on the 355 in the review thread. With Cleveland you have the CG black line. While the xxio and CG black are "designed" for slower SS in the 70-90 range these driver will all hold up to a faster swing speed.
I don't remember if I hit the 355 driver while in OC but the 6i and 3w were solid performers; the driver is certainly worth a look. CG Black, too.

Keith at Clevelenad/Srixon mentioned that XXIO prefers to keep one item on the market at a time - whatever is on the market is the best product they could come up with so that's the only one they want to sell. I've seen the XXIO 8 (?) on sale...there's probably a small window of opportunity to jump on that, if one were so inclined.

I would chip in....#InItForTheLongDrives

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

#GoFund441

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for the slower swing speed guys this might be useful. I need to get my hands on one of these for a test run!

JM
Absolutely worth at least trying ya know. And the sound is pretty cool, really lets you know when you pound one

Absolutely worth at least trying ya know. And the sound is pretty cool, really lets you know when you pound one

Agree here. The sound is intoxicating because it's so unique.

....not to troll, but this club would be sweet if it had Cleveland logos and was $329 with a full selection of Miyazaki shafts available. Don't get this "brand" at all, are they trying to chase the Miura crowd or Macau triad bosses?
They set out to be THE premium JDM brand and their R&D was told to do what it takes to become #1. They basically beat Honma at their own game. The Asian market isn't tied to the PGA pro's like the American market. They are very much into "buying" their game and XXIO's R&D seems to have hit the mark with the forgiveness and increased distance for us sub 100 mph swingers.

I do not have any ties to XXIO the above is strictly from discussions during the Up & Down event as well as talking to JDM dealers in the Bay Area.

They set out to be THE premium JDM brand and their R&D was told to do what it takes to become #1. They basically beat Honma at their own game. The Asian market isn't tied to the PGA pro's like the American market. They are very much into "buying" their game and XXIO's R&D seems to have hit the mark with the forgiveness and increased distance for us sub 100 mph swingers.
To add to what Duffer said, they have done such a good job with building clubs that meet their design objectives (super forgiveness and length, meant for slower swingers) that the clubs have become extremely popular with ladies to the point that they are almost concerned the clubs are going to become viewed as ladies clubs, which they definitely are not.

One on the bay for a mere $660 used

I saw that and then went to a a site that buys organs. I can only get $350 for a Kidney!

JM

One on the bay for a mere $660 used

I told you that you shoulda put a sky mark on it. Would have brought the value down a little, haha.

This thing impressed a few people today on the FlightScope at the range.

Hit this today on the course (used a hole for practice). The sound and ball flight are borderline addicting.

Hit this today on the course (used a hole for practice). The sound and ball flight are borderline addicting.

Have you hit the xxio 8 yet for any comparison?

Sounds terrible get rid of it immediately

Sounds terrible get rid of it immediately

I think he should send it to stow, oh. something so horrible deserves a horrible place to be in.

Not enough to have a good comparison. But hopefully that changes soon.

Something tells me you would be first in line. :D
By first you mean stab everyone else in line... yes
I think he should send it to stow, oh. something so horrible deserves a horrible place to be in.
I approve

I need to hit this. I'll have to check when the Cleveland/Srixon rep is in the store again. The store has them in stock, but none to hit...

Or even better, hit this at Club Clash.

Back