XXIO Prime Driver

A golfer at the range today gained 26.2 yards on carry average with the XXIO Prime vs his current drivers (he had two in his bag).
Callaway RAZR Hawk
TaylorMade SLDR

Launch up 2.9 degrees
Swing speed up 1.3 mph
Ball speed up ranging between 5 and 14 mph

8 balls with each driver alternating after each ball. Pretty fascinating stuff. As I have said before, it wont be for everybody, but for this gentlemen, it was perfection.

Ball speed jump to as high as 14mph? Holy cow, that's a massive increase.

Ball speed jump to as high as 14mph? Holy cow, that's a massive increase.

I attribute some of it to large amounts of forgiveness.

I attribute some of it to large amounts of forgiveness.

Still, that's a heck of a jump. That man needs to sell what he has and start looking for one. That's a bit of a yardage increase.

Still, that's a heck of a jump. That man needs to sell what he has and start looking for one. That's a bit of a yardage increase.

Downs range today. Kind of quiet, but the 5 guys I worked with got some great data and info. You and I need to do this sometime. The XXIO was really well liked today.

Downs range today. Kind of quiet, but the 5 guys I worked with got some great data and info. You and I need to do this sometime. The XXIO was really well liked today.

Just say when friend, weather is perfect for testing like that right now.

Just say when friend, weather is perfect for testing like that right now.

Maybe this weekend. Could be a good chance to get some testing done.

Maybe this weekend. Could be a good chance to get some testing done.

Yep, this weekend looks prime right now.

That's pretty impressive results

A golfer at the range today gained 26.2 yards on carry average with the XXIO Prime vs his current drivers (he had two in his bag).
Callaway RAZR Hawk
TaylorMade SLDR

Launch up 2.9 degrees
Swing speed up 1.3 mph
Ball speed up ranging between 5 and 14 mph

8 balls with each driver alternating after each ball. Pretty fascinating stuff. As I have said before, it wont be for everybody, but for this gentlemen, it was perfection.

Can you provide more details?

Lofts and shaft flexes of his current drivers vs loft and flex of the XXIO?

To gain an average of 26 yds of carry, his current drivers have to be pretty poor from a fitting standpoint. Just being realistic from a maxed out COR limit perspective.

Can you provide more details?

Lofts and shaft flexes of his current drivers vs loft and flex of the XXIO?

To gain an average of 26 yds of carry, his current drivers have to be pretty poor from a fitting standpoint. Just being realistic from a maxed out COR limit perspective.

Actually they dont have to be poor fitting as much as missing perfect contact killing distance.
COR is only applicable to certain strikes.

Actually they dont have to be poor fitting as much as missing perfect contact killing distance.

I'll go slightly off topic here...

When I switched from the Razr Fit Xtreme to the Alpha, I picked up 20 yards because of better numbers. That RFX was fit by Freddie during the Ultimate Demo Day at Reunion. IIRC, we had about 50 shafts and 3 heads to get fit into. I even got to play 36 holes with my fitted driver before purchasing so I know it was a great fit.

No doubt in my mind that people can pick up massive yards even if their current driver is fit to them. It's what is so awesome about choices and technology

Agreed on the COR.

As for missing perfect contact, sure that could equate for 26 yds of difference between a highly forgiving club and one not so forgiving.

Are you saying the XXIO is more forgiving or are you saying that he or she found the center of the clubface more with the XXIO?
Two different things there.

Agreed on the COR.

As for missing perfect contact, sure that could equate for 26 yds of difference between a highly forgiving club and one not so forgiving.

Are you saying the XXIO is more forgiving or are you saying that he or she found the center of the clubface more with the XXIO?

I cant answer that as we didnt mark off shots.
Smash Factor recording was significantly higher vs one driver and marginally higher vs another. What I can say is that the XXIO is vastly more forgiving than both of those heads and 26 yards difference was the outcome for this particular gentleman.

Agreed on the COR.

The concept behind the XXIO is to help everyone improve their games through technology. Their R&D folks are given a blank check to do just that. They design the driver head and shaft to work as a system with the goal to maximize distance by increasing forgiveness as well as club head speed.

I've demoed XXIO clubs both at the local JDM dealers as well as at Cleveland/Srixon HQ during the recent Up & Down event. Yes, their clubs work really well for me (target demographic) and I plan on a complete bag as a retirement gift to myself.

This will be headed to the range tomorrow for some local testing with people that are out there hitting balls.

Looking forward to seeing how this one treats people

How did it go today?

It has actually been moved to Monday morning and we will be doing testing then.
Cool..ill check back in then

Cool..ill check back in then
I'm interested in hearing how the testing goes as well. I bet there will be several pleasantly surprised peeps.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

It has actually been moved to Monday morning and we will be doing testing then.

Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All right wardy, lets hear it

Here is some info right from FlightScope.
Mward swings the XXIO 4.1 mph faster than any of the other drivers he hit today.
He also hit it straighter than all but one (Callaway GBB).
His Smash Factor average with this club was 1.48, the highest of any driver he hit today.

4.1mph is CRAZY

impressive smash too

Back