XXIO Prime Driver

Given it was straighter than all but one, I'm guessing it's probably "straight enough" to put in play? If so, the combination of faster swing speed AND higher smash is something I'd run with.

Was the Srixon 355 driver one of the other drivers tested by any chance? I know it has a similar approach to weighting to aid in swing speed, and it sounds like it works, at least in this model.

4.1mph is CRAZY

impressive smash too

Yeah it kind of blew are minds. And the best part is, we had him mix up the drivers to hit them in all kinds of order and when he got tired near the end, still hit the XXIO faster than all others. Now keep in mind its longer and lighter, but seeing as how the Smash Factor was as high as it was, that did not impact him at all.

Given it was straighter than all but one, I'm guessing it's probably "straight enough" to put in play? If so, the combination of faster swing speed AND higher smash is something I'd run with.

Was the Srixon 355 driver one of the other drivers tested by any chance? I know it has a similar approach to weighting to aid in swing speed, and it sounds like it works, at least in this model.

No sir it was not. Not this time anyway.
There is more to it, such as spin and a few other things and then of course the subjective like feel and what someone likes, but he hit it really well.

Wow! That's impressive right there. It makes me wonder what I might be able to squeak out in distance and accuracy with this driver. If I start selling plasma now........ :act-up:

JM

Yeah I saw one of these yesterday. Retails at 800 dollars in my country. Very light and shallow-faced. I was afraid to hit it because I might like it.

this is a very intriguing one. As much as I hate the looks, hearing MD411 and the gang talk about what it can do makes me want to try one badly

Nice info. The xxio lineup has intrigued me since I first saw them in April. Hoping to get into club clash to test them out

Only negative was the spin. Some times it was perfect, and then sometimes it was not so much.

I'd say though the lightness of it made it easier to swing faster.

Those are some awesome results. Driver sounding to be really awesome. Days spent on the Range with flight scope is fascinating. Some really eye-opening stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only negative was the spin. Some times it was perfect, and then sometimes it was not so much.

I'd say though the lightness of it made it easier to swing faster.
I saw some big spin numbers when Josh hit this so i can imagine what u saw

I saw some big spin numbers when Josh hit this so i can imagine what u saw

He can verify the lowest but I thought it was about 2700. The highest was uh, a good 8i

This thread has made me want to check this driver out on the driving range. Intriguing. I hope I won't like it because it's going to cost me a lot of beer bottlecaps.

that is a heck of a lot more speed with a phenomenal smash factor

He can verify the lowest but I thought it was about 2700. The highest was uh, a good 8i

That is one heck of a spin difference and will lead to some crazy distance variances.

that is a heck of a lot more speed with a phenomenal smash factor

That is one heck of a spin difference and will lead to some crazy distance variances.

It can, so the goal needs to be don't hit it poorly when into a little cut wind. Doesn't help one's performance.

Now keep in mind its longer.

How long is this driver ?
Are We talking 46" or Cobra Long Tom 48" long ?
4.1mph is a heck of an increase.

Length is 45.75.

Overall club weight ?

If I recall, 270g? I asked the same question.

Sounds similar to say a Cleveland Launcher 270, CG Black, Wilson D100/200. No ?

Mward - have you tried any of those other lightweight options ? Curious if it's just the light build. I tend not to do well with light drivers. Anytime I hit a driver with a Bassara I actually lose swing speed Cause I feel like I need to back off and time the clubhead just right.

If I recall, 270g? I asked the same question.

A bit less than that. Comes in on my scale at about 260.
And based on yesterday with you, and today with others, Smash Factor remained high across the board with all skills levels.

Those with swing speed between 89 and 96 today saw an average increase of over 8.3 yards over their current driver, increase in smash factor (on average) and increase in accuracy (closer to center line) by over 4.1 yards.

Sounds similar to say a Cleveland Launcher 270, CG Black, Wilson D100/200. No ?

Mward - have you tried any of those other lightweight options ? Curious if it's just the light build. I tend not to do well with light drivers. Anytime I hit a driver with a Bassara I actually lose swing speed Cause I feel like I need to back off and time the clubhead just right.

Oddly enough I compared it to the same driver. Per below though, it's a little lighter than that. Haven't tried many lightweight drivers as I never had great success with them. Usually pretty erratic, but this was surprising as I hit this driver very well

And based on yesterday with you, and today with others, Smash Factor remained high across the board with all skills levels.

Those with swing speed between 89 and 96 today saw an average increase of over 8.3 yards over their current driver, increase in smash factor (on average) and increase in accuracy (closer to center line) by over 4.1 yards.

Huge jump there for folks by a noticeable margin. It's a fun driver no doubt about it. Also, significantly quieter than the High Heat that I was hitting side by side'ish

Those are some serious stats that are backing up this driver. Hard to refute evidence like that.

I have hit the Srixon drivers and some of the hybrids (Cleveland & Srixon) and I really think the low swingweight MOI is the key to gaining some swing speed with these clubs along with the lighter overall weight.

Those are some serious gains. Looking forward to seeing this one among many at Club Clash

Those are some serious gains. Looking forward to seeing this one among many at Club Clash
Im with you there.

My only concern might be the spin numbers. I've been known to have some spin numbers with a driver, that are, slightly high...

Back