XXIO Prime Driver

Lions81, which golf store did you demo the club at?
Thanks

I'm guessing it was Carls Golfland.

Ha, you got it. The Bloomfield Store. I live about 10 minutes away from there. Place is incredible, but very dangerous on the wallet.

Will hit the course again tomorrow with this one and pretty excited. Its crazy forgiving, launches high and is perfect for my 2nd driver spot in this unique experiment. Hit almost every fairway out for two rounds in a row with it, and of course it was tested with THPers on FlightScope at the last THP Event.

Will hit the course again tomorrow with this one and pretty excited. Its crazy forgiving, launches high and is perfect for my 2nd driver spot in this unique experiment. Hit almost every fairway out for two rounds in a row with it, and of course it was tested with THPers on FlightScope at the last THP Event.
How has the distance been compared to driver #1? Pass it yet?

How has the distance been compared to driver #1? Pass it yet?

Its about 12 short on average, which is too long. Need to take another 3/4 of an inch off to get it to the perfect gap.

JB, Do you have any idea what the swing weight of your XXIO is as now configured? I notice the stock Primes are D1 compared to D5 for the stock XXIO 9 driver. Is the main difference between the two the 85 gram lighter Prime head or the shafts?

JB, Do you have any idea what the swing weight of your XXIO is as now configured? I notice the stock Primes are D1 compared to D5 for the stock XXIO 9 driver. Is the main difference between the two the 85 gram lighter Prime head or the shafts?

I have it set at D3, the same as my GBB.

Hit this on 6 holes today and hit 5 fairways with it. The one I missed was just off on the right, so overall a good day with the Prime again.

I hit MikeDeans today for a couple of tee shots. First one was a really good shot, 2nd I got a little under. But, the weighting and balance just inspire confidence. Really had a good feel to it. My dad also hit it once, first thing he said when he grabbed it was wow, this is balance really well. And he usually never comments on that type of stuff.

I hit MikeDeans today for a couple of tee shots. First one was a really good shot, 2nd I got a little under. But, the weighting and balance just inspire confidence. Really had a good feel to it. My dad also hit it once, first thing he said when he grabbed it was wow, this is balance really well. And he usually never comments on that type of stuff.

There is definitely some confidence inspiring that tends to take place.

Agree with that. Just felt really good in hand. And, seems to fit a wide range of people from what I've read and heard.

WAY better go around with this club today. Leaps and bounds different than RTJ..hit a few longer ones at the end of the round that actually hung in the air for awhile. Still missing right but thats a me thing. Like i told Misike today i cant wait to put some really good swings on this club and see what it can do.

Just got an e-mail from Club Champion, the rep is dropping off some left hand demos for the XXIO 9 driver (Prime not available for lefties yet) 3 wood and hybrids. Made an appointment in a couple of weeks for demo and fitting, hopefully, my health will accommodate a fitting. If these clubs work, I only have this site to thank, otherwise, I wouldn't even know that they existed. Thanks THP, if anyone ever questions your value, have them talk to me.

I went today and tried the Club I thought was a XXIO 9, turns out it was an XXIO 8 stiff shaft. Compared it against my 10.5* 816, the 9* XR16 Pro with the Fuji 665 and surprisingly the XR16 Pro was the longest and straightest of all of them.

My numbers were still odd, average spin for all of them around 4,200 in the 17* average more higher than lower and club speed at 98 mph max with the XR16 (also the lowest spin at 3,600 & 3,800), average 96 mph with all 3 clubs and carry in the 215-220 range and a max roll out of 238 with the XR16. All these numbers are from memory so take them with a grain of salt and it was the PGA SS Sim so who knows how it was set up.

I wanted to hit the Prime which they had on the Sales floor but only in reg. 11.5 deg. so I did not want mess with it.

All in all the 816 is really not that bad for me, I could gain a bit with the XR16 and maybe a bit more forgiveness but not worth the money to change right now. I expected the XXIO to blow them both out of the water but it was right with the 816 distance wise, maybe the XXIO 9 or Prime would be a lot better. Still pondering until I can hit the Prime against them.

I went today and tried the Club I thought was a XXIO 9, turns out it was an XXIO 8 stiff shaft. Compared it against my 10.5* 816, the 9* XR16 Pro with the Fuji 665 and surprisingly the XR16 Pro was the longest and straightest of all of them.

My numbers were still odd, average spin for all of them around 4,200 in the 17* average more higher than lower and club speed at 98 mph max with the XR16 (also the lowest spin at 3,600 & 3,800), average 96 mph with all 3 clubs and carry in the 215-220 range and a max roll out of 238 with the XR16. All these numbers are from memory so take them with a grain of salt and it was the PGA SS Sim so who knows how it was set up.

I wanted to hit the Prime which they had on the Sales floor but only in reg. 11.5 deg. so I did not want mess with it.

All in all the 816 is really not that bad for me, I could gain a bit with the XR16 and maybe a bit more forgiveness but not worth the money to change right now. I expected the XXIO to blow them both out of the water but it was right with the 816 distance wise, maybe the XXIO 9 or Prime would be a lot better. Still pondering until I can hit the Prime against them.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?76110-XXIO-8-Driver

If the mods want to move to the 8 thread, please do. Just sharing info.

If the mods want to move to the 8 thread, please do. Just sharing info.
I hear ya, lots of good threads on these XXIO clubs, which is about the only way I'd learn about them around here, as no one keeps any of them in stock!

Friend just picked one up after playing mine for a couple of rounds.

11 yards of carry distance increase on the FlightScope.

Been using the XXIO Prime for several weeks now. First thing I noticed was the small and thin grip but after a few swings that's no problem at all. I found it was the most consistent driver I've had but the only way to make it go straight was a very easy and slow swing. The faster I swung the more it sliced. The dispersion what unbelievable but with the slow swing the distance was only 170 yds or so. Then I remembered I ran into the same problem with the 913 D2 when I bought it and ended up having to be fitted with a stiffer shaft. Worked with an instructor and he had me to start the release earlier. Now I just start rolling the wrist a little sooner and it's straight and long - about 10 yards longer than the D2. I love the driver and the lightness of the swing. Now if I can just get the release as consistent as the driver.

A friend finally picked one of these up today. Went to the range with my FlightScope and then brought the data back.
Ping G30 237.6 carry and 250.2 total
XXIO Prime 248.19 carry and 261.7 total

That's a good distance gain. But that's what you all have been saying every time you take it out.

this driver looks very nice.. i use xxio 8 .... straight from driver to irons.. and the sound after impact is exceptional compared to others. as long as it is hitted in the sweet spot.

this driver looks very nice.. i use xxio 8 .... straight from driver to irons.. and the sound after impact is exceptional compared to others. as long as it is hitted in the sweet spot.

I'm still using the Prime myself and love it.

Still liking my XXIO8 driver. Sometimes wonder if the 9 version is any improvement.

Back