Yani Tseng struggling

TwoGlovesGarcia

Reaction score
Handicap
3 of 5 rounds this year = over par. No rounds in the 60s. Did she hit a fire hydrant I didn't hear about?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3 of 5 rounds this year = over par. No rounds in the 60s. Did she hit a fire hydrant I didn't hear about?

I don't think this will last too long, she is human and has slumps just as everyone else does.

I was thinking about this the other day but I haven't been able to catch too much of the LPGA on tv. I just know I haven't seen her name up on the leaderboard as much but again I could easily just be missing it. Is she not hitting good shots? Putter failing her?

The sample size is too small. For all we know she might've stubbed her left toe and it's ailing.

I wouldn't be too worried. It is still early in the season.

I don't think this will last too long, she is human and has slumps just as everyone else does.

Plus, what has she played in, one event? I would worry too much about her. I'm sure she will get going just fine.

She also has severe tendonitis in her right elbow. It was heavily taped last week.

She also has severe tendonitis in her right elbow. It was heavily taped last week.

She was all taped up today, too, but still played well. She's right near the lead for tomorrow. Elbow tendonitis is no joke. Hurts like hell.

Kevin

Back-2-back rounds of 65 - even with the elbow problem I'd say she's still the best player in the world!

Hmmmm.
I guess struggling for the best in the world means a couple of bad rounds in the 1st tourney of the year. Then winning the 2nd one.
Leading money list for 2012 already too.

I just hope we don't get a new thread every time she shoots over par :alien:

I just hope we don't get a new thread every time she shoots over par :alien:

...still might not happen too often

She made some swing changes this winter and that is likely much of the problem with her game. I know that Yani was concerned about her lack of distance and worked really hard on developing more power in order to compete with Lexi.

She made some swing changes this winter and that is likely much of the problem with her game. I know that Yani was concerned about her lack of distance and worked really hard on developing more power in order to compete with Lexi.

Lack of distance? She led the tour in driving distance in 2011. Now I know she tweaked her swing to get more compact and powerful and execute the same distance with less effort. Here is her quote.

“I have tried to get physically stronger, so my swing can match my physique,” she was quoted as saying. “I have more power. I don’t swing as hard as before—I feel I am swinging easier and striking the ball better. “Now I feel that if I swing 70-80 percent, the ball is still flying better than before. I always tried to swing really hard. Now I don’t swing so hard, but the ball still goes that far. I am very happy about that … I can still rip it.”

Lack of distance? She led the tour in driving distance in 2011. Now I know she tweaked her swing to get more compact and powerful and execute the same distance with less effort. Here is her quote.
Lexi outdrove her though when she beat her.

Yeah, she pounds it off the tee. Don't know where that came from.

Kevin

Lexi outdrove her though when she beat her.

That maybe, but I assure you her swing change had very little to do with Lexi Thompson hitting a few past her as she said in that quote.

Hell, Stacy Lewis outhit her a few times at the Nabisco last year. So what. That's not why she didn't win the event.

Kevin

She is my favorite lpga player and I'd seriously like to see her win every single tournament she enters.
I know she went on to win this week and I know she is the best in the world. But she was struggling (by her standards) when I made that post.

She played 18 stroke play tourneys last year that were non-majors for a total of 66 rounds. Only 11 were over par. That is 16.7%. And 4 of those rounds were her last 2 tourneys of the year. When you add 3 of 5 rounds being over par at the time I made the original post, that made 7 of her last 13 rounds over par (53.8%).

That maybe, but I assure you her swing change had very little to do with Lexi Thompson hitting a few past her as she said in that quote.
You think she isnt worried about Lexi and would do anything to stay ahead of the competition? Its not like she is going to say, "Im worried Lexi is going to kick my butt and Im trying to get any advantage that I can get over her."

Back