TeedUpThoughts

#TeamNE
Reaction score
Handicap
< Last Yr!
I’ve been playing Callaway Chrome Soft yellow for a while, switch to yellow Supersoft in the cold winter, and not a fan of clutter on my golf ball (looking at you Truvis). The latest version has the triple track on it, which I am also not a fan of, and they seem to have discontinued the plain version.

So... I’m open to checking out something new and yellow!

What do you suggest that’s a soft feeling ball but nice and yellow so I can find it when I end up in the woods.

Srixon makes several versions of yellow balls. I prefer the QStar Tour in yellow.

Srixon makes several versions of yellow balls. I prefer the QStar Tour in yellow.
+1 on Srixon balls. I usually prefer Z-Stars but play a lot of Q-Star and QST from time to time

Yup, I have the Srixon Z-Star XV balls in yellow, but I think the regular Z-Star would feel softer.. Some others I've tried which are offered in yellow include Snell MTB (both models, but Black has lower compression) and OnCore ELIXR.

I have been a fan ever since the original srixon z star.

really the first premium colored ball. At least that I can remember.. Way ahead of everyone else..

I play the oncore elixr in yellow but seriously considering a move to the srixon when I run thru my current stash.

Bridgestone Tour B RX is one of my favorite balls that I used this season. That and the RXS both come in yellow.
And as others have said, Z Stars are winners as well

Double posted. My bad

Last edited:
I am a big fan of the Srixon Q-Star Tour in Tour Yellow! Best ball available for the price...especially with the Buy 2, Get 1 sale going on. I tried the Callaway ERC soft yellow a couple weeks ago. Loved the Triple Track alignment, didn't like the ball. Also, Bridgestone Tour B RXS in yellow is an outstanding golf ball.

If you're after soft and yellow, you could try Srixon QStar. In a non-pandemic world I'd recommend the Wilson Staff Duo Optix, but the matte finish gets dirty quickly on a wet course.

I couldn’t find Callaway Supersoft balls with Triple Track when I did a google search. Only the ERC Soft and Chrome Soft as far as I can tell.

But I’m also a fan of the Srixon yellow balls

I've never seen a Supersoft with Triple Track on it (and they're my #1 ball year 'round), and Callaway doesn't show them as TT on their website. I don't see any TT balls until you get into the Chrome Soft line.

If you did somehow manage to find TT Supersofts and don't like them, you could try the Supersoft Magna (same ball, same performance, just a bit larger in diameter), or try the Srixon Q Star Tour. I've played them fairly extensively also, and their performance (at least to me) is very close to the Supersoft.

In yellow I play Bridgestone Tour BRX and Snell MTB Black. Also not fond of the triple track on the Chrome Soft yellow but I play them too.

If you like the feel of the supersoft, check out the DUO Pro. They have yellow, among other colors. Also has a urethane cover for some added greenside help.

I have played the Q Star Tour and the B RXS in yellow. I would recommend either one. I switched to yellow this year for visibility. However, in October and into early November, because of the amount of leaves on the course, I switched back to white.

If you're looking for a soft-ish yellow ball, with a urethane cover, without additional markings, maybe the Q Star tour? Or the TaylorMade Tour Response?

Or, embrace the Triple Track. It's good!

Srixon Z Star would be my first choice followed by the Q Star Tour.

Titleist AVX in yellow are not bad either.

I’ve been playing Cut Matte Yellow and I’m quite pleased with them. 65 compression and even with a Surlyn cover, I can put spin on them with a wedge. $20 a Dozen

Others have said it, Srixon Soft Feel in yellow is a great ball. It is a yellow that stands out. Good durability.
Srixon Q-Star Tour would be another one.

I personally like the Truvis and prefer yellow over white. Also play the Srixon ZStar XV and Bridgestone. If you want soft, try the Wilson Duo Soft in yellow.

If you want a soft ball that can be seen for miles and won't break the bank , try the maxfli softfli in green.

I try to only use soft balls and prefer Srixon soft feel, also use W-S Staff Duo and Noodle long and soft. If I find hard balls on the course they are water balls unless they are quality balls then I may give them away.

Back