Yoga tights on the course?

GoldenBuff

slow horse
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Is it OK to wear yoga tights on the course? I say yes, why not. Male, female, all shapes and sizes. Go for it. The biggest issue I see is no pockets.

What says the THP collective?

Really? No pockets?
In the past I’ve worn workout tights under my shorts when playing.

no issue with it TBH.

if it’s just the tights that’s a pretty form fitting look - good to get in your opponents head in matchplay

OK, yoga tights with pockets. Now I know! :D

I was thinking just yoga tights. Nothing over them. A friend I play with now and then wears them when she plays. She looks good in them, which is probably absolutely the least PC thing I can say. Anyway, that made me wonder about others wearing them? Would I wear some running tights for example as I look to be a hero and complete sub 2 hour 18-hole rounds? :cool:

Clearly fashion and prudence are at play here. If we are open to different looks on the course, this is likely to come up. I spend my days on a college campus. I see a gazillion yoga tights every day.

OK, yoga tights with pockets. Now I know! :D

I was thinking just yoga tights. Nothing over them. A friend I play with now and then wears them when she plays. She looks good in them, which is probably absolutely the least PC thing I can say. Anyway, that made me wonder about others wearing them? Would I wear some running tights for example as I look to be a hero and complete sub 2 hour 18-hole rounds? :cool:

Clearly fashion and prudence are at play here. If we are open to different looks on the course, this is likely to come up. I spend my days on a college campus. I see a gazillion yoga tights every day.

I don't think you would notice if a Women was wearing Yoga pants or regular pants unless you gave her a good ogling.

Men it would be noticeable, but like I said if it's match play and you're taking up more real estate upstairs why the heck not.

What stops me, is I always tuck my shirt in, wearing a shirt untucked with the Yoga pants would be uncomfortable for me, hence wearing them under shorts or pants a la long underwear.

i was driving my kids to school this morning through downtown orlando, and a young professional was wearing a work-appropriate blouse with skin-tight yoga pants as her bottoms. so i guess it's good enough for the workplace now, why not the golf course?

they show less skin than golf skirts.

a dude in yoga pants? i mean, i suppose if joggers are ok...

No way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was driving my kids to school this morning through downtown orlando, and a young professional was wearing a work-appropriate blouse with skin-tight yoga pants as her bottoms. so i guess it's good enough for the workplace now, why not the golf course?

they show less skin than golf skirts.

a dude in yoga pants? i mean, i suppose if joggers are ok...

See you next Friday :cool::D;)

I am a huge fan of yoga pants on women who, well, um, how do you say, uh.

I am a believer in the tucked in shirt when possible, and I don't think anybody wants the manel toe of tights with a tucked in golf shirt.

Guys in yoga pants is already a stretch (;)), but wearing them on the golf course is no bueno.

Men in yoga tights? uh no thanks. Unless that have shorts over the top then knock yourself out.

I don’t think anyone needs to see me in yoga pants in general, and certainly not to pick my ball out of a cup.

giphy.gif

Wait. Men wear yoga pants? I’ve never seen such a thing.

Women, sure. Men, no thanks.

Just because something is made in someone's size doesn't mean they should wear it. Most of the folks I see in my town who wear yoga pants probably shouldn't, at least without pants or shorts over them.

I'd have to wear shorts over them but that defeats the purpose of yoga pants, doesn't it?

Wouldn’t want to see a man in yoga pants first of all anywhere. Let alone squating down to read the putt. Women yes, if they feel comfortable wearing it why not. Unless the golf club has a dress code

all i can see is lots and lots and lots of lumps....and im not a fan of lumps.

I don’t ever want to see a guy wearing yoga pants... on or off the golf course

Ya i can see this happening in a college town, but I don't think appropriate for golf course IMO. But in todays PC world with all the people "identifying as" then I guess that is what it is.

In the hoodie thread it was "wear whatever you want"

*As long as you're not a male in yoga tights*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that I can speak for most men when I say that I dont mind if an attractive-looking, fit woman wants to wear yoga pants on the golf course. Its probably not exactly golf appropriate but as long as she doesnt mind getting oggled, its all good.
Im not sure that Im ready to see a man on the golf course in yoga pants though. I guess that where Im from, yoga pants are the exclusive domain of the ladies.

Back