Yonex Rexis NP Shafts - THP Preview

TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, now that demo day has come and gone I can get back to doing what I love, and that's being the official shaft tester for THP. When I found out I would be testing 2 shafts from Yonex I was elated. I've always appreciated Yonex's participation with THP as they've been a fixture at the last couple of Demo Days but this will be the first Yonex product I've ever been able to use.

A big thanks to Yonex for sending some shaft offerings to THP for review and thanks to THP for sending them my way.

I received two shafts, both the Rexis NP (NP stands for Nanopreme I believe, and both are in Stiff flex. I have no spec sheets or no PR statements concerning this series of shaft so I'm pretty much going into this testing with little amounts of information. At first, that's a little daunting because I like knowing what I'm working with, but the more I thought about it, the more I like not having that information. It means I will literally be reporting what I'm seeing on the golf course.

I do know that the red Rexis is the "high launching" model because it says so on the shaft sticker. I know that the orange Rexis is the "mid launching" model because it says so on the shaft sticker. Other than that, I'm not sure about much.

Testing will be conducted in a 9* R11S driver and will be conducted on neutral settings. I love the stock grips. They are Tour Velvet's with a lovely, simple "YONEX" stamped on them.

Here's some pictures for everyone

DSC_0415.jpg

DSC_0419.jpg

DSC_0416.jpg

DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

Now, I will be testing the Red Rexis (the High Launcher) first. I had it in the bag at the range the other day and if Yonex claims this is High Launching then I'm tickled to get to the Orange Rexis b/c I was seeing an absolutely awesome ball flight. The shaft feels great and easily can hold up to my swing.

More thoughts to come soon everyone!

Great review TC, those yonex shafts look really awesome! What do you expect to see from these shafts? (i guess it's hard since you don't have a spec sheet haha)

Great review TC, those yonex shafts look really awesome! What do you expect to see from these shafts? (i guess it's hard since you don't have a spec sheet haha)

Oh, this isn't my review buddy. Just some initial thoughts and pictures. I don't really have any expectations to be honest. I only have had them for one range session and so far, I really liked what I saw. Very piercing ball with some nice grouping.

Well they are damn sure lookers. Wow.

Plus, you KNOW that Yonex means quality and there is surely some serious R&D in these shafts. You've already got me intrigued dude.

I really look forward to your review TC. I love the shaft in the Yonex that I was lucky enough to test! It feels great and is a beast. Your review will be interesting since you actually know about shafts. As to where i don't so much.

Well they are damn sure lookers. Wow.

Plus, you KNOW that Yonex means quality and there is surely some serious R&D in these shafts. You've already got me intrigued dude.

The complete almost lack of graphics is pretty cool. Just a nice pop of color and that's it.

Yeah, I'm with you on those thoughts about quality and R&D dude.

I have been messing around with these and look forward to following TC's thoughts on them.

Awesome. I am just getting into the wealth of knowledge when it comes to shafts. Can't wait to hear how they turn out for you.

I have been messing around with these and look forward to following TC's thoughts on them.

WOuld you agree that Yonex's definition of "high launch" is a lot like Matrix's? What I mean is, I'm not seeing anything of the sort, LOL

Good initial thoughts TC and looking forward to your review on these. To be honest I didn't even know that Yonex made shafts as they aren't a company I ever really look at.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Good initial thoughts TC and looking forward to your review on these. To be honest I didn't even know that Yonex made shafts as they aren't a company I ever really look at.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't know either until the Demo day this year man.

WOuld you agree that Yonex's definition of "high launch" is a lot like Matrix's? What I mean is, I'm not seeing anything of the sort, LOL

I would. Similar to Miyazaki as well for me (launch wise)

I look forward to your thoughts as always TC, I know Steele just picked up a Yonex driver with the red shaft in it I think...I will see him Wednesday and I am looking forward to swinging it a few times.

They are certainly good looking shafts.

This may be a silly question, but I am only familiar with Yonex as far as clubs go. Is shafts something they just got into, or have they been there a while and I didn't know about it?

I would. Similar to Miyazaki as well for me (launch wise)

Yep, totally agree with you. I'll have to get #'s off these bad boys before it's said and done.

I look forward to your thoughts as always TC, I know Steele just picked up a Yonex driver with the red shaft in it I think...I will see him Wednesday and I am looking forward to swinging it a few times.

Nice! Tell him to please share his thoughts in this thread concerning the shaft.

They are certainly good looking shafts.

This may be a silly question, but I am only familiar with Yonex as far as clubs go. Is shafts something they just got into, or have they been there a while and I didn't know about it?

I have no clue Jeff. But that's definitely not a silly question.

Yep, totally agree with you. I'll have to get #'s off these bad boys before it's said and done.

Nice! Tell him to please share his thoughts in this thread concerning the shaft.

I will bro!

Upon further review, it appears as though Yonex launched the Rexis series at the 2012 PGA Show in Orlando.

Upon further review, it appears as though Yonex launched the Rexis series at the 2012 PGA Show in Orlando.

Right on. Thanks. Trying to find out a little more about them right now.

The graphics on those look sweet. And nice new driver. I like the look of the shaft with the white head. Nice combo for sure.

I'm a bit of a shaft junky so looking forward to this TC

Interesting. I've not tried a Yonex shaft much other than the little bit of time spent with the Ezone at Demo Day. Not sure what shaft I was using then but I don't recall it being something that made me think "high launching." What I do like is the simple artwork, especially how it's all in one place and the shaft is pretty much clean looking. That's a treat to me, turn the graphics down and you've got a simple looking shaft.

Interesting. I've not tried a Yonex shaft much other than the little bit of time spent with the Ezone at Demo Day. Not sure what shaft I was using then but I don't recall it being something that made me think "high launching." What I do like is the simple artwork, especially how it's all in one place and the shaft is pretty much clean looking. That's a treat to me, turn the graphics down and you've got a simple looking shaft.

And they turned the graphics down in a Neutral setting. I'm with you, I quite like it. Even the orange.

And they turned the graphics down in a Neutral setting. I'm with you, I quite like it. Even the orange.

Look at you breaking down walls! All kidding aside I think this will be a fun experience for you and the reader since you're going in to this blind.

I really like the simple look it has, I'm excited for the rest of the test hah.
I'm digging the orange though!

Back