you are guilty of criticizing others for which of the following ?

you are guilty of criticizing others for which of the following ?

• having iron covers

Votes: 37 28.9%
  • playing the back tee blocks

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • wearing joggers while playing golf

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • having muscle back blade irons within the bag

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • bagger handicap

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • bragging handicap

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • using a staff bag

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • playing music on the golf course

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • questioning internet forum participant distance claims

Votes: 26 20.3%
  • none of the above

Votes: 40 31.3%

• Total voters
Joggers, deservedly so.

One of my favorite rounds last year was playing with my buddy. Played 18 while listening to Wu-Tang and Rage Against the Machine. We even dropped the occasional "I'm going to wait for the green to clear" while standing on the tee of a par 5.
I kind of want to go play a par 6 just so I can wait on the tee for the green to clear on it :cool:

Playing music too loud on the course is the only thing that might affect me. If I competed, sandbagging would as well. As far as those other items on the list bothering me, no. I’m not in middle school.

Don't like to hear the noise from the car beside me in traffic so you know I don't want to hear it on the golf course, one of the things I'm getting away from.

I went with none of the above.

Look, no one is perfect in amateur, or less golf. Who am I to criticize what others do on the golf course? None of my business. "8 to 80, deaf, dumb, and crazy", it doesn't matter. Me, watching other golfers, just adds to the entertainment value.

If other golfers don't like something I do, not my problem, because I'm usually doing what's right anyways.

I'm out there for myself, family, and friends just to have fun.

Too much of my own problems to be too concerned with others play, however hearing others music may potentially throw me iver the edge. I guess it depends on if its low or blairing.

You forgot the biggest grip on the boards: slow play

And if I hit a $4.00 golf ball into the woods, I'm looking for it

I don’t really care about any of them except the sand bagger. That bothers me if I have to play against them.

Regarding music I like to listen to music on the course but I think you should be sensitive to others and not play it too loud. I think joggers on a golf course look goofy but it you want to wear them knock yourself out.

I chose playing the back tees but only when I notice that it is completely inappropriate for the golfer's skill level and they are holding up the course. Especially when I'm behind them.

I generally try to not judge others on the course. Like others I have my own problems to worry about. Life is way too short!!
I will criticize terrible players like myself who want to play the back tees that are more than 50+ yards from the tees they should be playing on a tough course, But I would never consider doing so.

I was hitting a 3 wood off the deck in the sim at a big box store yesterday. I am by no means a long hitter and was carrying it 165ish with zero warm ups but it was almost straight as an arrow. I’m amazed on how many guys on the internet carry a 9 iron that far and can hit 300 yard bombs at will. Haven’t seen it yet on a corse.

I was hitting a 3 wood off the deck in the sim at a big box store yesterday. I am by no means a long hitter and was carrying it 165ish with zero warm ups but it was almost straight as an arrow. I’m amazed on how many guys on the internet carry a 9 iron that far and can hit 300 yard bombs at will. Haven’t seen it yet on a corse.
I carry 200 yds with my 3 wood. My buddie is 50 yrs old and I've seen him hit 340 yard drives before. He's a monster.

You forgot the biggest grip on the boards: slow play

And if I hit a $4.00 golf ball into the woods, I'm looking for it

Beat me to it! I cannot stand slow play! But then I also can't stand the twosome who is running up the back of my foursome, when we have groups in front of us. It's like they're trying to set some sort of Guinness Book record! We even had a guy bring it up post round when we were seated on the patio enjoying some drinks. He walked over to our table and said that we could have allowed them to play through. To what end? So they could run up the back of the group in front of us? You're a twosome on a course crowded with foursomes! What's the matter? Got no friends?

And this will sound snotty, but I don't intend it to be. If you're hitting 4 dollar golf balls into the tall and uncut, maybe you shouldn't be playing 4 dollar golf balls! That's why I don't. I don't have a 50 buck a dozen game any more! any you know what I notice? A lot of the lost balls I find are just that. Especially ProV-1's! I once found a Taylor Made TP5 that looked brand new. It was the best feeling and best performing ball I had played in a long time. Did I run right out and buy them? No! Too rich for my blood. But then, on these boards, I saw a sale on TP5 practice balls for $19.95 a dozen! That's more my speed, so I bought 3 dozen.

I chose playing the back tees but only when I notice that it is completely inappropriate for the golfer's skill level and they are holding up the course. Especially when I'm behind them.

Those are another favorite of mine! I've seen it repeatedly. And some of these really can hit the ball a long way. Into the woods. Into the weeds. Everywhere but the short grass. But they have all the pro mannerisms down pat! Including a glacial pace of play!

The only think I will actively criticize someone for is playing the back tees when you shouldn't because it impacts me and the pace and my rhythm.

I have only played in a Skins game 3 times and all recently. It is friendly and there is $20 a round on the line for Skins. I could see a bagger HC impacting me if people were cheating.

Last edited:
Outside of iron covers and “joggers” (somebody please explain WTF that even means but I do hate it in principle unless I can be swayed),

I’m ok.

I wouldn’t criticize for any of those, or anything for that matter than I can think of. Music on the course is as annoying as **** and I’ll give you some friendly stick for iron covers.

Remember when they went on tour together? Still regret not going 23 years later

didnt see that tour but i did see rage the year before they broke up. it was an awesome show.

didnt see that tour but i did see rage the year before they broke up. it was an awesome show.

I had tickets to see them this summer for the reunion after Coachella but COVID. They pushed the date out a year but who knows.

Back