You Are Lynx Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lynx Golf has announced that they are coming to the North American market and they want to make a splash and have some relevance. My question to you is let's say you are made CEO of the North America division and you have to do 3-5 things to make the company have a presence and be successful.

What are you doing?

I would sign Tiger Woods. ;)

Signing PGA tour players. Hiring a good social media marketing team. Making at least one line of really good looking irons.

Make it known that you are not the same as the Golfsmith brand. I think that is the number one issue that they face.

Agressive pricing
Agressive marketing
Agressive social media

• Admin
I would sign Tiger Woods. ;)

He is currently under contract.

Signing PGA tour players. Hiring a good social media marketing team. Making at least one line of really good looking irons.

Who would you sign?

Make it known that you are not the same as the Golfsmith brand. I think that is the number one issue that they face.

Do you think the public knows they were a house brand? I often wonder if they even know that Dicks, Maxfli, Tommy Armour, etc have virtually no IP or R&D team.

Who would you sign?

I doubt they would be able to splash and get a top name away. but kinda do what PXG did and sign some mid level guys. Maybe a Jason Dufner and a few others. Patrick Reed maybe? Not super popular, but on TV enough to make it count.

Convince Harry Arnett to come out of golf marketing retirement

He is currently under contract.

Who would you sign?

Do you think the public knows they were a house brand? I often wonder if they even know that Dicks, Maxfli, Tommy Armour, etc have virtually no IP or R&D team.

I think those who recognize the name know it more for Golfsmith exclusivity and not for what they were in the early 90s when they won a couple of majors.

First off, hire some key people to help with the growth. A marketing manager, social media person, and outside sales associates. Hit the ground running.

2nd, create a social media presence.

3rd, get some clubs in people's hands. Whether that's touring pros, social media platforms like THP, TXG, etc. or demo days.

I doubt they would be able to splash and get a top name away. but kinda do what PXG did and sign some mid level guys. Maybe a Jason Dufner and a few others. Patrick Reed maybe? Not super popular, but on TV enough to make it count.

Let's assume one of those two guys is about 250k-500k for hat and bag and maybe some irons. Think the ROI is there? Asking genuinely because I don't know.

Convince Harry Arnett to come out of golf marketing retirement

He is employed elsewhere.

Meaningful, genuine consumer availability and outreach can’t be beat. And aggressive pricing to get the door open

Those saying aggressive pricing. Do you mean Hogan type prices? Can you compete on price alone and make a splash?

He is employed elsewhere.

Yep I know, would still ask him what his number would be to come back to golf to help bring a brand back from dead.

Social like crazy.
Price aggressively.

Help people have fun.

I like this. I would say introduce a nationwide ambassador program, host events with great branded prizes, all whilst going after the tours. I would think they might do better in the senior tours, as a lower cost brand may draw more attention from older folks.

I think hiring a good social media manager is key, and then honestly, I try and find social media influencers that fit the brand image you want to create. I think the ROI is going to be a lot better than paying tour pros.

Let's assume one of those two guys is about 250k-500k for hat and bag and maybe some irons. Think the ROI is there? Asking genuinely because I don't know.

I think it definitely has to be worth something, because I think if you don't sign anyone, you have no name and no reason for people to buy. People can say all day they don't play clubs because of the PGA tour, yet everyone seems to play the same 3 or 4 brands. Maybe it's a coincidence, but I don't think so at all. You need to be on tour in some capacity to seem "validated" to the public. Whether it brings the ROI back for the equal cost, I'm not sure. but you're not going to do well in clubs without tour presence. It works ok for putters, but Lynx isn't going to be a boutique brand here, so they need tour backing.

I don’t think the public cares.

I think you start putting clubs in people’s hands, make sure the brand is seen as fun and get people talking about the brand.

Try to appeal to those who played Lynx clubs in its heyday.

Get a presence on the senior tour.

Sign Fred Couples.

Let me ask this, since so many are saying similar, grow social media, etc.
If you are tasked with doing these things, what are you going to do on social media to make a splash?

Try to appeal to those who played Lynx clubs in its heyday.

Get a presence on the senior tour.

Sign Fred Couples.

Couples is under contract with Bridgestone.

If you are tasked with doing these things, what are you going to do on social media to make a splash?

Honestly? Take a page out of Callaway book, make some fun videos, take your competition to task (carefully of course) Lots of swag giveaways.

Hit every platform aggressively. Pictures, information, videos, some giveaways, etc. Try to get some exposure from social media influencers.

On social media, maybe pull a page out of the Wendy's playbook and get a bit snarky at times.

Be responsive to fans when they ask you stuff, don't let questions go days unanswered.

Maybe have videos of real people trying your equipment and seeing positive results. Even if they don't go with it, you still have positive feedback.

Back