You Are Lynx Golf

1) I would try to get the Lynx brand into the major sporting goods stores
2) Plaster the brand all over social media and if budget allowed...television, magazines, radio, podcasts
3) I would focus on the Champions tour. Try to reclaim some glory with guys that possibly played Lynx in the past. Very similar to what Tour Edge is doing right now

Be responsive to fans when they ask you stuff, don't let questions go days unanswered.

Maybe have videos of real people trying your equipment and seeing positive results. Even if they don't go with it, you still have positive feedback.

What if people are not following you?

Follow them, run contests for following. Pretty standard Social Media plan anymore isn’t it?

You have to make yourself stand out, away from the competitors in some way. Learn to be different, don't do what everyone else does. Get the ideas flowing. What makes your technology better than the competition? Get the word out on social media. Offer free demo days across the east coast. Create a website that is interactive and informative at the same time.

Everyone started with zero followers at some point. Better wh.ore out your social media info on everything you do, and be responsive to people so they want to follow you. Also, better tag the heck out of things so people who are looking at things online will see it. Pretty sure #golf is a good place to start.

Social Media Aggressively - engage with people
Tour Presence on Sunday
THP Events

If you're not trying to get super big, would going hard after some green grass accounts work? Try to sell to the older country club crowd who might have a stronger affinity for Lynx, then move from there?

You're fighting an uphill battle just trying to do this on social, I think.

I think there's room for a model similar to Cobra. Small tour staff, quality R&D unit, aggressive pricing, colorful and fun style. The only thing I would suggest adding on is a more aggressive youth engagement. Try to market yourself as the clubs you get once you get done with US Kids Golf, and then become the clubs a kid is happy to take to college. Offer a really aggressive turn-in when you go from their youth clubs to the first set of adult-sized clubs.

I think there's room for a model similar to Cobra. Small tour staff, quality R&D unit, aggressive pricing, colorful and fun style. The only thing I would suggest adding on is a more aggressive youth engagement. Try to market yourself as the clubs you get once you get done with US Kids Golf, and then become the clubs a kid is happy to take to college. Offer a really aggressive turn-in when you go from their youth clubs to the first set of adult-sized clubs.

Who are you targeting to sign?

I wonder if all the people mentioning social media have actually followed Lynx on twitter? They seem to have calmed down (or maybe I unfollowed them because I haven’t seen much recently), but their twitter used to be a dumpster fire. They were always picking fights and badmouthing people. I remember I was turned off by their antics several times. So maybe my advice would be to get social media out of the hands of the owner (I’m pretty sure that’s who was doing it) and into a professional who knows what they are doing. Noelle at Srixon/Cleveland is the embodiment of what a social media rep should act

I wonder if all the people mentioning social media have actually followed Lynx on twitter? They seem to have calmed down (or maybe I unfollowed them because I haven’t seen much recently), but their twitter used to be a dumpster fire. They were always picking fights and badmouthing people. I remember I was turned off by their antics several times. So maybe my advice would be to get social media out of the hands of the owner (I’m pretty sure that’s who was doing it) and into a professional who knows what they are doing. Noelle at Srixon/Cleveland is the embodiment of what a social media rep should act

FWIW, she doesn't do Social Media anymore for Srixon/Cleveland.

This is decent content, right? They sponsored that tweet and got nearly 50k views. They only have 269 followers as of right now. So curious what you guys would do differently?

Significant marketing, lots of demo says with special pricing, get some big spokesperson, social media presence

Connect on the ground level with the average golfer and build up from there

It is hard to answer this question without knowing why they think people should play Lynx equipment over everyone else's gear. Do they think they have the best equipment? Are they going to try for low price / good quality? Because people know the name / nostalgia?

It is hard to answer this question without knowing why they think people should play Lynx equipment over everyone else's gear. Do they think they have the best equipment? Are they going to try for low price / good quality? Because people know the name / nostalgia?

Their site has some of that for sure.

This is decent content, right? They sponsored that tweet and got nearly 50k views. They only have 269 followers as of right now. So curious what you guys would do differently?

Well. It’s a good start. I hadn’t seen their account before, but I’ll follow them now.
That video lacks anything to get excited about. I only know them as a house brand, so they’ve got some work to do to make me interested.
They’ve got to get a demo club or something I can touch at a place close to me, having a single demo day in San Diego ain’t gonna cut it.

Combine Hogan and Tour Edge. Make 1 good product line (irons, driver, wedges) then branch out from there.

50k views from 269 followers sounds pretty good, don't you think? Increase your followers, increase the views. Yeah, they definitely need to work on their social media presence.

Combine Hogan and Tour Edge. Make 1 good product line (irons, driver, wedges) then branch out from there.

Could they not already have that? ;)

I’m not gonna lie. Looking at their website, the women’s line seems to be pandering. And noooo lefty iron sets. So they’re off to a bad start in my view.

If its because of the name Tigress, I should say that name has been around a lot longer than Tiger has been playing on tour.

50k views from 269 followers sounds pretty good, don't you think? Increase your followers, increase the views. Yeah, they definitely need to work on their social media presence.

That was kind of my point. They paid to put that tweet out to the masses and followers did not come as expected. So the notion of "increase social media" is something I agree with. Im asking how, since it is not working for them right now in my opinion.

Could they not already have that? ;)

If its because of the name Tigress, I should say that name has been around a lot longer than Tiger has been playing on tour.
Well. Partially. But not for the TW reference. It just seems like “we made a girly set and look it’s purple!”

I’m sure it works, but I vastly prefer PXGs women’s line.

That was kind of my point. They paid to put that tweet out to the masses and followers did not come as expected. So the notion of "increase social media" is something I agree with. Im asking how, since it is not working for them right now in my opinion.
They paid to put that out there, but are they doing anything to engage people? I'm one who doesn't follow a company just because they're in a field I'm interested in. I follow the people as well.

But how did they get people to notice the tweet? What was the follow up? I just scrolled through their twitter history and it’s just ok. No contests, nothing really exciting. Their big player is on the Senior LPGA tour? While that’s good that their still sponsoring those players, they’re going to need more.

Well. Partially. But not for the TW reference. It just seems like “we made a girly set and look it’s purple!”

I’m sure it works, but I vastly prefer PXGs women’s line.

Gotcha.

They paid to put that out there, but are they doing anything to engage people? I'm one who doesn't follow a company just because they're in a field I'm interested in. I follow the people as well.

This is a good point and one we just had a long conversation with at another company. There are a number of golf companies that believe its a place to throw out content and send a message and then walk away, and not engage.

Back