You changed to graphite shafts in your irons. Happy that you did it? Or not?

Loving all these comments. Looking forward to Getting the mmt and trying it out

Fell in love with the MMT 95S shaft on APEX21 irons. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait a while to get them (if at all). I have an aggressive transition and they faired WAY better than many traditional steel shafts.

My 9 and 18 hole PBs both came with graphite shafted irons, so of course I’m playing steel now 😒

I had switched to graphite because I would get pain in my left elbow with frequent play/practice. When I moved back to steel I used the TT sensicore inserts and they made enough of a difference that I didn’t regret it. The golf works foam inserts are almost as good so I just stayed with steel. Just too lazy to pull and reshaft now.

I made the switch and have noticed much less pain in my elbow and wrists, and have also loved the performance. So for me wit was a win win. I have the Recoil 110 Prototype shafts.

I'm not going to say I hate graphite shafts, but the current ones I'm using are way too light I think. After Christmas I'm going to get fit again and see what a heavier graphite shaft will do for me. Then again, maybe I'm the problem:ROFLMAO:

I switched out to recoil 760 es smacwrap F3 shafts 2 years ago, after surgery on both arms: carpel tunnel & Elbow.
This past year played a lot of golf - No issues.
I would never look back.
I feel I have better control, certainly more feel.
I just found some E Ping I210 irons and I am having the shafts put in them. The I210’s already feel great and now with the graphite—— look out.
At the fitting I had great dispersion, and the fitter said he can bend them for me to power spec lofts, I am so looking forward to next year!

Switched to graphite about 8 years ago (Recoil 95 F3 and SF 110cw S ), then went back to steel ( PX LZ 95, 5.5, made for Cally and then Modus 105 R ), Now back in graphite SF i95cw R.
When I was back in steel, it only took about a month before the elbow and wrist discomfort kicked in, that's why I went back to graphite.
I find no real difference in dispersion, and maybe 2-3 yards distance improvement. The real bonus is that I can practice and play as much as I like w/o residual pain.
(Side note: anything lighter than 85g that isn't a constant weight set and I lose the feel in the short irons and start hitting it a bit fat)
I was fit to the SF's by Hotstix in Scottsdale, over recoils in the same weight. Very happy and confident with their performance.
I'd love to try the MMT in 85 or 95g regular flex, but none of the stores near me in Tucson have them except Club Champion. I'd also prefer to try them out side.

I am stupid happy-fe9a35c.jpg I made the switch

I don't play quite as well over my old s300 shafts. But there aren't many ranges with grass, and those mats get me too not hit down and through the ball with iron shafts. it may also be the weight, I have a better feel with the steel at the top of my swing, even with the same swing weight. An hour drive to use a grass range sucks.

I was fitted at Club Champion 2 years ago and was fitted into Aerotech Steelfiber 110’s and the 2019 P790’s. Seeing how my game has gotten better over the past 2 years and my swing became more consistent I went back this fall and once again I was fitted into the same shaft and the newer 2021 P790’s. The newer head on the 110’s feel even better!

I will most likely never go back to steel shafts again. It would have to be a drastic improvement to move away from my Recoils.

I switched to graphite (Recoil 110 Protos) at the Graphite Challenge. I had been playing KBS CTaper 120s and before that I played I played Dynamic Gold S300s.

Before the switch, I had been having a lot of hand and wrist pain after playing. Afterwards, the pain was substantially less. I didn't feel like I had to work as hard to get performance out of the shaft. Because I was able to take some off my swing and get the same distances, I noticed some better dispersion.

I'm glad I switched.

I can't say as though I've noticed any improvements to my game, but I got put into Recoil Proto 125F5 and I definitely enjoy the feel of them more than the much lighter steel shafts I had been. The improvements thing is 100% me though :LOL:

Changing to graphite shafted irons had little effect on my front nine game.
Playing without swollen hands on the back nine was probably good for a couple of strokes, however.

I switched a set a year or two ago based on some reviews. I regretted it. I pulled them and sold them, so no huge loss, but they did not feel or perform at all like steel, like people claimed they did/do. Then someone from the company later said that they were designed to launch higher, and would not perform the same as steel, and I was like 'so why do people keep saying they do? :unsure:'.

My body would love some more options that might work with graphite though.
Suggest Nunchuk Xi, 100 gram iron shaft. Tip and butt as still as any steel, with flexible mid section (=nunchuku), that eliminates kick, torque
and droop... and counterbalanced by design. Absorbs shock, yet keeps penetration.

Suggest Nunchuk Xi, 100 gram iron shaft. Tip and butt as still as any steel, with flexible mid section (=nunchuku), that eliminates kick, torque
and droop... and counterbalanced by design. Absorbs shock, yet keeps penetration.
I appreciate that suggestion, honestly. I've never tried that shaft, but that's likely because 100g soft-middle counterbalanced graphite is pretty much my personal nightmare. Just a bad fit for me in almost every way.

I appreciate that suggestion, honestly. I've never tried that shaft, but that's likely because 100g soft-middle counterbalanced graphite is pretty much my personal nightmare. Just a bad fit for me in almost every way.
Personal nightmare... LOL You must be the MAN
$50 new...it was good enough for Retief Goosen, John Daly, jhonatton Vegas

Personal nightmare... LOL You must be the MAN
$50 new...it was good enough for Retief Goosen, John Daly, jhonatton Vegas

It could be good enough for anyone and still be a terrible fit for me. That's how these things work.

It could be good enough for anyone and still be a terrible fit for me. That's how these things work.

I bet there isnt a pga pro who knows shafts they have never tried as well as that. Call me impressed.
Let me guess, you play TT, Rebar XXX. That you know that given a minute of thought.. thats awesome.

I'd also bet money you would be very surprised.

I bet there isnt a pga pro who knows shafts they have never tried as well as that. Call me impressed.
Let me guess, you play TT, Rebar XXX. That you know that given a minute of thought.. thats awesome.

I'd also bet money you would be very surprised.
Dude. I said I appreciated the suggestion. I meant it. I put a lot of time and effort into trying different setups to see what works for me and what doesn't. And based on that extensive effort I have a pretty good idea of what just won't work well for me. That's nothing against you, or that shaft, or anything.

Dude. I said I appreciated the suggestion. I meant it. I put a lot of time and effort into trying different setups to see what works for me and what doesn't. And based on that extensive effort I have a pretty good idea of what just won't work well for me. That's nothing against you, or that shaft, or anything.
Thats cool

They were made by UST. Not made anymore. For a reason in my opinion.

They were made by UST. Not made anymore. For a reason in my opinion.
UST lost the contract.. for a reason IMO.

Still available...Nventix.com

Back