You have to hit a fairway! What shot shape are you trying to hit?

What shot shape?

• Straight

Votes: 48 43.6%
  • Draw/Hook

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • Fade/Slice

Votes: 48 43.6%

• Total voters
I’m hitting with what got me there, driver with a slight fade.

Just depends on the hole shape, but probably going to hit swing my swing which is a high fade.

The situation doesn't change matters. The best way for me to hit the fairway is aim down the middle and make my normal swing with a driver. If it isn't straight, most times it's only going to curve left or right 10-15 yards.

The plan would be to aim straight and hit straight. The reality is a slice, but if I am left to compensate it'll shoot straight that time.

Aim down left side and hit my 3 hybrid. Should produce a nice fade into the center and roll out to right center for me.
however, we know if you’re overthinking a shot like that it will go Go straight into the left rough...

For me the distance of the hole and if there is danger on one side, those will dictate what club I am hitting, and I hit different clubs different shapes.

My driver is a fade. My 7W is a draw. My 3W goes pretty straight. I love a nice easy 220 draw with a 7W if the circumstances allow.

Draw….. with 2U

Last hole on my course is a straight or slightly drawn 4 wood at around 230-250 for me. If I could just do that every time life would be so much better. :cool:

Tee up on right side of tee box
Aim for left side of fairway
Swing 75% and hit a high fade

Pulling driver, aiming dead center, and hoping I get my usual small tail one way or the other 🤞🤞

Aim left, hit it right out of the neck. Low fade all day haha

Since I've only got to hit the fairway to win, I'm going with a 9i. Tee it low. Blade that sucker right into the fairway.:ROFLMAO: I win!

But since I'm at the top of the leaderboard, that means someone is impersonating me or I'm dreaming because that'll never happen in my lifetime outside of a video game.

Straight to a fade (y) aim at the left side of the fairway, it stays straight, great ... it fades just a bit back to the middle, even better. Fairway hit ;)

Hopefully I have found some consistency off the tee. if so, my driver with a fade. If not, my 3h with a straight/draw, aiming for the right side of the fairway.

Straight to small draw.

I'd pull out the hybrid and hope for the normal slight draw it generally produces

Straight as a string right down the middle with the driver.

My course sets up with a steady diet of right-to-left doglegs and I play a whole lot of sweeping draws. But there is one particular hole that requires a cut and missing the fairway isn't a good idea if you want to put one close. So I play a nice tight fade on that hole every time and I bet you could throw a blanket over the last 45 out of 50 shots I hit on that particular hole! If I must hit the fairway, it'll be a fade every time for me.

I have to play the shot that I know I can hit and that is a fade.

Going for a straight shot down the middle and pulling a 3 wood maybe even the 5 wood.

So, we've got a par 4 on a local course that is a dogleg left of about 80 degrees. Trees overhang on the left and there are trees at the knee. There is basically a rectangle from the tee that is between 175-190 yards out on the left side and about 165-175 yards on the right and about 25 yards wide...and you have to fit it inside that rectangle to have a shot at the green. So, being a lefty I hit a high fade with a 4-hybrid to mid iron depending on tee box placement and wind speed/direction.

The point is that the characteristics of the hole matter a ton in what shot you are going to play.

I aim what I perceive as straight to give myself some room on both sides.
Lately with my RadSpeed irons, they just want to go straight so it’s actually working out well.

Low cut

Back