You know you are at a nice course when...

Spivey

Reaction score
Handicap
7.6 GHIN
there is a bag full of alignment sticks and training items, including an Orange Whip, at the driving range.

I asked my friend what time our tee time was> He said we don't need a tee time!

The cart has gps. I am easily impressed.

The range balls are already on the range

Mahogany lockers with members names on them . A towel boy in the locker room , and up to date magazines in each toilet

The range balls are all Pro V1s, and there are large Rolex clocks near the 1st tee and putting green. See, e.g., Pine Needles, NC.

Last edited:
Mahogany lockers with members names on them . A towel boy in the locker room , and up to date magazines in each toilet
Not sure I want to read used magazines in a bathroom!

The rental clubs are pre-release. Yes I've seen that haha.

The range balls are all Pro V1s, and there are large Rolex clocks near the 1st tee and putting green. See, e.g., Pine Needles.
+1 to the Rolex clocks. Also if the practice balls are included, and ESPECIALLY if they're already stacked in pyramids.

Only have been to 1 high end club as per yet. Pyramid stack of range balls and GPS in the cart. I was quite impressed as I normally play average courses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always see on tv the balls stacked in pyramids, is there a machine or some kind of contraption that does that I hope? Would suck to have to do that by hand.

I always see on tv the balls stacked in pyramids, is there a machine or some kind of contraption that does that I hope? Would suck to have to do that by hand.

web-metalstacker.jpg

Your caddie meets you on the range and cleans your clubs as you warm up

Prov1's are in a club embroidered bag

Alignment rods are complimentary

Locker room makes you do a double take when you walk in

I feel bad peeing in the bathroom, because it's too nice.

Sounds like those are things you've seen recently :)

ill add to this...
your name is on the locker when you arrive in the locker room

A sit down lunch is provided at the turn by a personal chef

there are yatch slips as well as a parking lot

your shoes are cleaned at the close of the round and place in your cat

ill add to this...

Also a fun one: your car is brought around with clubs already loaded in and cleaned for you.

Well that or they really want you to leave haha

The on-course comfort stations don't have ice and water machines - they have glass door fridges with bottled water.

The power carts have lights and a horn (why I'll never know)

• There is a cart waiting for you at the parking lot to take you and your bags to the clubhouse.
  • They drop you off so you can get dressed, in a dressing room that has lockers with the name of your group on it.
  • In the meantime, they clean your clubs.
  • When you get outside, your cart containing your clean clubs is ready for you, including wet and dry towels and plenty of drinks.
  • You drive to the driving range where pyramids of quality balls are waiting for you.
  • You then drive to the starters cabin at the first tee. While the starter talks to you and explains some things about the course and local rules, a kid wipes your clubs one more time to remove any driving range dirt.
  • Starter asks what kind of sandwich you'd like at the turn, so they can make sure it's ready for you when you get there, and off you go.
  • After the round they take your clubs to clean them once again. If you want, they can take your shoes to clean them as well.
  • In the locker room, there are plenty of soft towels and robes. There are personal shower cabins, a pool and a jacuzzi.
  • Once you're ready to go home, they drive you back to your car.

Spain, last April. Was feeling like a tour pro. My tee shot at 1 reminded me I wasn't one.

Not gonna lie, I know I'm at a nice course when I get on the course. I've played terrible courses with gps on the carts and great service.

Or I guess I could talk about my experience at the highest end private club I've played.

The security guard meets you at the front gate you drive straight to the first tee, skipping the mahogany cabinets in the locker room and the prov1s on the range. You Park your cars around the corner. He says to you, don't tell anyone about this.

I know I'm on a nice course when the local kids don't hide in the woods to steal your balls before you get to them! Or there aren't any stolen motorcycles lying in the rough.
Or if there is a range!

I know I'm on a nice course when the local kids don't hide in the woods to steal your balls before you get to them! Or there aren't any stolen motorcycles lying in the rough.
Or if there is a range!
No doubt. There's a course I practice at a lot, because it's cheap, and it's like this. Pretty sad when you drive up and get excited because it looks like they mowed recently.

ill add to this...

If they put my shoes in a cat I'm gonna be pissed.

My answer: comport stations

• The locker room is about 10k sq ft and includes a full bar with seating for 20 and several other rooms with leather chairs and big screens
    • Let's just say it is more a secret men's club than a locker room; I actually forgot about the lockers at one point
  • The best $23 martini I've ever had
  • Locker room bathroom has showers with robes and slippers and every kind of soap/lotion/cream/razor/etc you could think of
  • Bagpiper at sunset
  • Caddies
  • Your waiter overhears you talking about dinner and goes full concierge in trying to hook you up with reservations, or at least preferred seating, somewhere in town
  • The practice complex is several acres instead of a couple of small putting greens and a driving range
  • The staff, knowing you're just a schlub there for a one-timer, treats you with the most respect they can muster
  • Free S'more kits to use over their fire pits
  • Grass as green and smoothly cut as you've ever seen; in December

*these might all be the same place, probably, yeah

Back