You know you are at a nice course when...

I bet the clubhouse bar does well that day...

I'll bet! I'll ask my brother if he has played in it. I think he's a 5 at the Rock but has been a 1 or 2 since high school.

Sir in place of "Jack" or "Chief" will also work!

"Chief"? Is Robbin Williams character from Good Will Hunting, working at the course? LOL

HAH - I grew up in Philadelphia, you were either Chief or Jack as in "Hey Chief" or "Yo Jack"

Well that explains why my mother-in-law's boyfriend calls me chief. He's a Philly guy too.

Well that explains why my mother-in-law's boyfriend calls me chief. He's a Philly guy too.

Hahaha - I always call a guy "Chief" when I've forgotten his name!

I know I'm at a fancy place when I'm referred to as "Sir" as opposed to "Buddy".

The Oregon version of that is Sir instead of 'Bro'

I hate it when somebody who doesn't know me calls me Bro.

Forecaddies
Free food
Free drinks (alcohol included)
Breakfast sliders

List goes on....

Annhl8rX I think if I ever break 100 I'll go play a course that's a bit more expensive but until then, I can't justify the cost to myself.

I'm right there with you.

The Oregon version of that is Sir instead of 'Bro'

I hate it when somebody who doesn't know me calls me Bro.

I dislike people calling me bro in general. let alone if they don't know me.

When as the sun starts to set a bagpipe player comes down the fairway playing!!

Forecaddies
Free food
Breakfast sliders

List goes on....

So basically you're saying what you experienced the last 3 days.... :act-up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So basically you're saying what you experienced the last 3 days.... :act-up:

It's unlike anything else I've ever seen. Not even that close, actually.

The Hideaway is a special, special place.

It's unlike anything else I've ever seen. Not even that close, actually.

The Hideaway is a special, special place.

It sounds like it. One day.....

Forecaddies
Free food
Breakfast sliders

List goes on....
And no matter how good of a player you are, your treated like royalty.

#TheGrandaddy

Thousands of Internet golfers follow along collectively drooling for 2 days straight.

I know I'm at a fancy place when I'm referred to as "Sir" as opposed to "Buddy".

I get "Kid" a lot. Admittedly, I play golf in what amounts to a massive military retirement community, so it's not terribly inappropriate, but still.

When I get "Mr. Alwine" at a course, at the end of a round, I tend to think of it as a nice course. "Sir" causes the instinctive counter of, "Knock that off, I work for a living."

Mango. Scented. Towels
Thread revival.

We have these but not Mango, started last year with the Citrus scented. Only course around here that I know does it. The people who come in say they don't know any other course in KC that does them.

P.S. We are a nice course. We are not a high class course, but we have scented towels!

Your caddie meets you on the range and cleans your clubs as you warm up

Prov1's are in a club embroidered bag

Alignment rods are complimentary

Locker room makes you do a double take when you walk in

This one for me as well.

My favorite feature of primo clubs is no tee times

When it costs you an arm and a leg to play a course, you're probably playing a nice course. Or like Augusta - you can't even become a member unless someone invites you into their membership. I can't even imagine how much it would cost you to get a membership at Augusta even if you were invited. Here at home I play several courses that range from $26 for 18 holes with a cart to the most expensive one that I play which costs me $66 for 18 holes with a cart. The $66 course is more beautiful and is better kept but I can play 45 holes at the $26 course for the same price as I pay to play 18 at the $66 course.

I'm not an amenities guy, I played a nice place not long ago with lots of stuff like this and I just didn't want it, what makes a nice course for me is the course itself, green and lush and great holes, nice greens and good pace of play, that's it, everything else is too country club for me, I like tranquility at a course.

For me, I consider a nice course to have:

1. Smooth well kept greens
2. Fluffy bunkers
3. Clean Range Balls
4. Bag drop
5. Good pace
6. Quick service
7. Complimentary snacks
8. Ranger

Lush grass, quick and receptive greens, perfectly trimmed tee boxes, consistent rough, no GUR, GPS on the carts.

All of these things are nice...a couple very high end courses in Park City area (Victory Ranch, Tuhaye, Glenwild)...The half way houses are fully stocked and "take what you want" for drinks, food etc. Included were gatorades, water, vitamin water, icre cream (bars, sandwiches, etc.) as well as bulk candy, chips, candy bars (frozen and room temp)...as well as fresh moistened towels...

All the other stuff you all mentioned is the norm at these courses, what surprised me at Glenwild was they are STRICT on no cell phones...and only had a cell phone room to take and make calls...

Back