You know you're not making par if...

Germerican

AngryYankee
Reaction score
Handicap
23.8 USGA
...it takes a driver and two woods just to get past the women's tee :bulgy-eyes: Topping the ball sucks.

No doubt. How bout, your ball bounces off of the rake lying in the grass next to a green side bunker and then goes into a trashy scrub area and you lose the ball!! Grrrr.

Hitting 3 off the tee

tappin from my big as note2

....you tee off and hear "oooooooooh plays tough from THERE".
....you tee off, turn, and your playing partners are already holding balls out for you to hit 3.
....you tee off at an unfamiliar course and hear "oooooooh, I didn't think you could reach that water".

I've had all of these in a round. Not my finest day.

... you are shooting for bogey

when you try to chip onto the fairway and end up under another tree

...it takes a driver and two woods just to get past the women's tee :bulgy-eyes: Topping the ball sucks.

This is where course management could help.
After topping the 1st one, take a 7 iron and bang it out there.
Hitting a FW wood off the deck after just topping a ball teed up is not an easy shot.

... you book a tee time.

You have to yell "fore" from the greenside bunker.

You have 2 chip shots with a putt in between them.

... you have an attitude like that mister!

....if your ball goes into the trees and sounds like the game Plinko from the Price is Right.

Your name is DevRickus

par is always within reach.

I played my second shot off an arrow directing carts last weekend. One similar to the image below. I knocked it out of the ground. Then left my pitch (3rd shot) short of the green on the Par 4. Definitely something in the air that wanted me to double bogey that hole rather than par it.

DirectionArrow_Carts_greentan_ws.jpg

When your third putt lips out.

You hit one that rolls off the green and into the water.... with your putter.

You take out your putter for the second time on the same hole.

I knew my buddy wansnt going to par thr 3rd hole this weekend when he low lined his drive into the rock tee box marker in front of us alost killing him on the way back hahaha

You end up not listening to your playing partner and pull a "Tin Cup". Ruins a round as well!

When I have to or think I have to hit driver off the deck.

Back